Civ VI - pre-alfa testers?

berni19

Chieftain
Sorry for my possible premature reaction, but this time I publicly volunteer to be involved in the process of Civ VI game from the beginning.
I admire this game genre from the beginning and already invested large amount of my lifetime playing all 5 of Civ games. Every and each one of this games were special and interesting.
I noticed that a lot of very good and nice ideas were not implemented in the future series, so this was one issue, which in my opinion, should be done better.
I believe there is a lot of Civ fans out there which will be prepared to invest their time to make this game better and more interesting. I am also prepared to fund the game (buy or prepay).
So my question is this (if the game will be made): Will be any possibility to for us (ordinary people) to be able to support or be involved in the process of making this game from the scratch?
To expect that Civ VI would be polished and finished game from the start is little naive and hard to believe, but game should definitely be out of beta (not like Civ V).
In case you decided to start making this game (which in my mind is only a matter of time), please consider this and perhaps other people request as possible option and inform us about your decision.
With my respect and admiration to creating team, best regards.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm going to assume Maddjinn has that covered :lol:

Really, didn't know that, anyway admin could remove or re-position my thread to other place.
I apologize for my premature published notice, I am obviously to old for this..;)
Now, after this they will not select me..;)
Thanks Stormtrooper412 for information about that.
Best regards to you and beautiful town Belgrade (i wish i could go to drink a beer in Kalemegdan or Ada Ciganlija right now.,,)

Now, after this they will not select me..;)

I'm not picking on you but assuming English might not your first language (which is a-ok) but it is spelt 'Alpha', not 'Alfa'.

Not exclusive to Firaxis but with the advent of social media, companies like Firaxis prefer to give early-access/beta access to people who have a large audience and talk positively about their product.

Firaxis in the past have given jobs too and worked alongside people who develop really interesting and good mods for their games.

Those are two avenues to pursue if you wish to get early access to future games, although you are probably late for the Civ6 boat.

Your age is not a limiting factor on whether or not they (or any company) will accept you so don't worry about that aspect.

Alpha versions of games are not fun or exciting for most regular gamers and things take a long time to move along from alpha to beta so if you do get accepted for an alpha in the future be prepared for the fustration that goes along with it.

I'm not picking on you but assuming English might not your first language (which is a-ok) but it is spelt 'Alpha', not 'Alfa'.

No problem, thanks for enlightenment and you are right, English is one of my communication tools. I am sure that most of readers understand my point, but correct spelling is always welcome.

Not exclusive to Firaxis but with the advent of social media, companies like Firaxis prefer to give early-access/beta access to people who have a large audience and talk positively about their product.

Firaxis in the past have given jobs too and worked alongside people who develop really interesting and good mods for their games.

Those are two avenues to pursue if you wish to get early access to future games, although you are probably late for the Civ6 boat.

My point was aimed more to have some sort of impact (even if that means only to share ideas, make proposals or whatever) in the future game, never ever wanted to be on their pay role or have any other benefits.
On other things i agree with you.

Your age is not a limiting factor on whether or not they (or any company) will accept you so don't worry about that aspect.

Alpha versions of games are not fun or exciting for most regular gamers and things take a long time to move along from alpha to beta so if you do get accepted for an alpha in the future be prepared for the fustration that goes along with it.
I I know all of that, but still i am interested, that is all.

And BTW "fustration" is spelled frustration (if you mean this kind of emotion), :cool:

I appreciate your reply and agree on most of your claims, so time will tell all the rest.
:goodjob:

Top Bottom