Possible Limitations of Feitoria

bdporter

Emperor
So, the Feitoria provides you with a share of resources from city-states that you build it in. What happens if you're allied with the city-state already, do you get nothing? Is the Feitoria really only meant for use in non-allied city-states?

We keep hearing that you get an extra resource if you are allied with a CS. Presumably you can trade that second resource.

You get another copy of the luxury if you are an ally. Which i guess you can sell for money. Not sure if having multiples of a luxury would increase your trade value.

So, the Feitoria provides you with a share of resources from city-states that you build it in. What happens if you're allied with the city-state already, do you get nothing? Is the Feitoria really only meant for use in non-allied city-states?

You get an extra copy if you're allied with the city-state IIRC.
Feitoria in non allied CS territory= 1x the luxury owned by CS
Feitoria in allied CS territory= 2x the luxury owned by CS

Oh, that's good. Portugul sounds like one of those civs that's going to have a little TOO much happiness.

Well, Ed Beach even said that during his latest game as Portugal he hadn't to worry about :c5happy: happiness or :c5gold: money at any point.

Well, Ed Beach even said that during his latest game as Portugal he hadn't to worry about :c5happy: happiness or :c5gold: money at any point.

True. Also, what happens if the city-state already has all of its coastal tiles improved? Are you allowed to replace one of their improvements?

I think that's the interesting question. My hope is no, just wait for their border to expand. Otherwise, that kind of disadvantages the City-State for the benefit of the Portuguese.

I also wonder if you're considered trespassing when you move your worker in unless you have at least some friendliness to start.

I think that's the interesting question. My hope is no, just wait for their border to expand. Otherwise, that kind of disadvantages the City-State for the benefit of the Portuguese.

I also wonder if you're considered trespassing when you move your worker in unless you have at least some friendliness to start.

IIRC civilian units don't cause trespassing in city-state borders.

Because that never happened in real life. :sarcasm:

If you have to be friends before you get benefits, that would probably give the Feitoria a much needed restriction.

Well, I don't think you have to be friends. I just said you need a point of relationship status (for example, you kill a single barbarian for them). You explicitly don't have to be friends. However, if civilians don't trespass, this isn't an issue either way.

I'm curious if you can build over a CS's improvement to construct the feitoria. If you can, this can create an interesting strategic element where the CS is allied with an enemy; you could deny your enemy a resource like iron or coal if it's on the coast.

If it can only be built in an unoccupied space, then that restricts the ability a whole lot, especially since it's not automatically unlocked and you need to transport a worker there. All the available space could already be taken up.

Well, I don't think you have to be friends. I just said you need a point of relationship status (for example, you kill a single barbarian for them). You explicitly don't have to be friends. However, if civilians don't trespass, this isn't an issue either way.

If you don't necessarily have to be friends, aquaintences, perhaps, then requiring open borders anyways would just be shabby developing on the devs' part, so I guess they won't be necessary as well.

I'm curious if you can build over a CS's improvement to construct the feitoria. If you can, this can create an interesting strategic element where the CS is allied with an enemy; you could deny your enemy a resource like iron or coal if it's on the coast.

If it can only be built in an unoccupied space, then that restricts the ability a whole lot, especially since it's not automatically unlocked and you need to transport a worker there. All the available space could already be taken up.

Isn't it all resources, not just coastal?

So if you're getting resources from a Feitoria, the civ that's allied with the city-state doesn't if it's someone else? That would be a bit overpowered.

And that's being promoted as a good thing?? G&K already made happiness too high in most cases and now at least with Portugal, you eliminate two key decision-making factors from the game?

Well, eliminate is a stretch. You have to build workers, move them to City-States, and research Navigation.

The tooltip for the Feitoria explicitly says "Constructs a Feitoria in this City-State's lands. It will provide to you one copy of every Luxury Resource type connected by this City-State, regardless of your relationship with the City-State. Also provides a defensive bonus."

You apparently also get an additional copy of the Luxury resources if you become Allies as normal, but since you normally can't trade resources from City-States, it's not clear what benefit this is.

Top Bottom