Most experienced unit?

Zathras

Chieftain
What is the most experienced/promoted unit anyone has achieved? I thought there was a thread in here somewhere that had this but can't find it now.
I recently got a gunship leader up to 1100 points with all 30 badges and was wondering how that stacked up.

I never get them that high due to death. Even at 99.9% they eventually die.

If you install the Caveman to Cosmos mod you can change units to continue to gain experience from barbs past 10XP. Send some units into unsettled territory and barb animals just keep popping up. It's easy to get several hundred points on those units, especially if you attach a GG to get double XP. Plus C2C has more badges than 30.

Even better - set up an always war aggressive AI Deity game with a chokepoint. Gain thousands of XP.

I had a unit omw to a higher ranking yesterday with morale, tactics, leadership and combat. I also had melee and cover promotions. It was an axeman but he died because of quick attack. I was trying to care and move him out of the city to get him to survive and keep ranking up.

That's why I'm always amazed when someone says they've gotten so many promotions. No matter How much I try to protect mine. (even just attacking when the odds are 98 or above) they eventually lose to the RNG gods. And you have to be in combat to get experience. I always assume when people make their claims that they reload when they lose a battle.

They do that indeed, so what I do is save before attacking a turn before and then reload after the unit dies. If you reload along, you will notice that the attacking unit that dies also dies in the reloads after the first reload so you would not attack with that unit and attack in another turn if possible.

1200 XP without reloading is not possible imho. Even with leadership, those would be 600 99% fights. That's 6 times more chance than needed to fail at least 1 time in average.

They do that indeed, so what I do is save before attacking a turn before and then reload after the unit dies. If you reload along, you will notice that the attacking unit that dies also dies in the reloads after the first reload so you would not attack with that unit and attack in another turn if possible.

I don't think cheating is a particularly good workaround.

1200 XP without reloading is not possible imho. Even with leadership, those would be 600 99% fights. That's 6 times more chance than needed to fail at least 1 time in average.

Yeah, but with solid bombardments, and a big enough map and a long enough play time, you can easily grab enough 99.99% 1XP bites out of the shell-shocked Knights left reeling by your Lancasters. I've only had like three of those charges go bad, ever. Only one was a GG.

Plus, if you feel you have to max out a unit, you can give it 10XP boosts by GGing another unit on the same tile.

edit: hell, if you can afford the War Weariness, just set up a Stalingrad situation. Captured city someone really wants back, with your SoD parked outside and an air wing in range.

If you're going to reload, you might as well use the change seed on reload option to save time.

When you fight the same fight 2 times, you'll get the same result if it's not enabled. Enabling it gives you completely new random-chances, so you can either win or lose that fight then.

I guess that makes sense, but what does it actually do?

It lets you create whatever outcome you want by save scumming. It is an appropriate time waster for you specifically, but there's also WorldBuilder, which I suppose you also don't know about.

Random Seed on reload can also be a way to diverge to a different strategy from an earlier save after the world is all explored, and remove the opportunity for advance knowledge of random events. Playing through to game over, and then having a look at that planet specifically once again.

It lets you create whatever outcome you want by save scumming. It is an appropriate time waster for you specifically, but there's also WorldBuilder, which I suppose you also don't know about.

Random Seed on reload can also be a way to diverge to a different strategy from an earlier save after the world is all explored, and remove the opportunity for advance knowledge of random events. Playing through to game over, and then having a look at that planet specifically once again.

World builder is the random seed on reload that youre talking about?

World builder is the random seed on reload that youre talking about?

From the main menu screen select single player game, you will see a new list of game choices among them is custom game. Choose custom game, and you can make numerous changes to aspects of the game. New random seed on reload lets you change the outcome of certain things. Example - outcome of combat, results from goodie huts, random events, and Ai unit movement.

Top Bottom