adding an action in the SDK

Wingsday

Chieftain
So this is pretty much my first experience with actual code, previosly I have messed with text files from M&B:warband and derped around with R for work. Keep that in mind please.

I'm watching a video Tutorial and I followed the directions exactly but it won't let me actually add an action.

Screenshot

Halp please.

Sorry of the super newb issues...

I assume so, I just downloaded it a few days ago.

Update: I'm not really sure what happened, but I was messing with it and all of a sudden it just worked. I know I was typing in the file name correctly the first time, I checked like 30 times.

Such confuse...

I assume so, I just downloaded it a few days ago.

Update: I'm not really sure what happened, but I was messing with it and all of a sudden it just worked. I know I was typing in the file name correctly the first time, I checked like 30 times.

Such confuse...
It is very easy to mistype a file name or a path/filename sequence. I always use the drop-down of valid file names instead of typing in the file name.

[edit]zooming in on your linked image, though, I don't see where you made a typo mistake, so I'm just as confused as to why as you are.

Basically you can longer type a file name in, you must select it from the drop-down (although the field permits typing, the UI doesn't detect the keystrokes and enable the OK button as required)

(The ability to type into that field is a throw back to the bad-old-days when you HAD to type the file name in, as there was no drop-down list)

Basically you can longer type a file name in, you must select it from the drop-down (although the field permits typing, the UI doesn't detect the keystrokes and enable the OK button as required)

(The ability to type into that field is a thrown back to the bad-old-days when you HAD to type the file name in, as there was no drop-down list)
aha ! I can't be sure now but I don't think I ever typed in a name in the Actions tab, which is probably why I never encountered this issue.

Something more to add to that common mistakes thing.

Top Bottom