Specify resources in map editor

mac224

Chieftain
Hi,

Using the civ5 map editor, is it possible to add a multiple of a resource to a hex? That is, a hex with 6 Coal, or a hex with 2 Iron. No matter what I do with the editor, it comes out with only 1 of the selected type.

I could possibly use the "randomize placement" but I want to specify where the resources will be.

Thank you,
Doug

Hi,

Using the civ5 map editor, is it possible to add a multiple of a resource to a hex? That is, a hex with 6 Coal, or a hex with 2 Iron. No matter what I do with the editor, it comes out with only 1 of the selected type.

I could possibly use the "randomize placement" but I want to specify where the resources will be.

Thank you,
Doug

Yep! Go to the "Edit Plot" tab, select the plot you want, and change the "resource amount"
Yup, This!

Seems the Worldbuilder code is bugged when you use the resource "plopper" to only add qty 1 of the strategic resources to a map tile when added that way, rather than referring to the rules for what qty amounts are normally alloted.

More than once I've gotten part-way into playing on my crazy custom !cool-o! maps I've made for myself only to find that every single resource tile I added manually to my map is worth quantity 1 of the resource. :mad:

Seems the Worldbuilder code is bugged when you use the resource "plopper" to only add qty 1 of the strategic resources to a map tile when added that way, rather than referring to the rules for what qty amounts are normally allocated.

Not bugged (as such), as the quantity data is hard coded in ASP.lua and not stored in the database.

Top Bottom