How to Remove Denounce Penalty

Fenrisulfr

Chieftain
As the title suggests, I am looking for a way to remove the penalty from being denounced by another civilisation. The "feature", if it may be called that, is broken and should be neutered, but I am not sure how to go about this.

Code:
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_BY_FRIEND_EACH"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_BY_FRIEND_DONT_LIKE"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_FRIEND_EACH"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_ME_FRIENDS"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_ME"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_THEM"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_FRIEND"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "OPINION_WEIGHT_DENOUNCED_ENEMY";
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "APPROACH_WAR_DENOUNCED"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "APPROACH_HOSTILE_DENOUNCED"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "APPROACH_GUARDED_DENOUNCED"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "APPROACH_FRIENDLY_DENOUNCED"; 
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = "APPROACH_DECEPTIVE_DENOUNCED";

Uh, don't remember if all of these values are used....

For reference, "OPINION_WEIGHT_..." is the actual opinion of the AI, whereas "APPROACH_..." are values used for algorithms/routines dealing with the "face" of the AI.

- ThorHammerz

Thor, thanks for the reply.

Am I supposed to make a new file with this information, or to find these variables in existing files and edit them there? In the latter case, which file(s)?

@Fenrisulfr:

The "easy" (i.e., non-SDK) way to start modding is using whoward69's "My Changes" mod:

Download My - Changes (v 1).civ5mod. Open it with 7-Zip and extract the contents to a new folder in your "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\" folder. Edit the "\SQL\MySqlChanges.sql" file, and add the snippet from ThorHammerz above.

Load the game and activate the My Changes mod from the MODS menu like any other mod you've downloaded.

Top Bottom