Tech problems keep stopping -not willing to stop-

Mister_General

Chieftain
Hi
so i finally started playing on Hard and i'm doing really good, playing since days and now after FINALLY reached atmomic era when i press next turn, the ottomans "very wide empire" it keeps proccessing their turn, i tried to save "in middle" of the proccessing turn and get out and load and it opens the next turn but i can't keep doing this, it means i will waste 30 mins on one turn -.- ! this is aweful, should i delete the game and install again and copy-paste the save file?

Pc= Win 8
Ram= 4GB
Video card Inter(R) HD Graphics 4000
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Game runs smoothly, nothing stops until now, i played a large game like this one before (12 ciz 30 City state) and it never stopped

i do not have 24 hrs internet access so i wont be checking this frequently.

Smells like a Dell with on 4gigs of RAM...

If its a Dell, it will be so loaded with bloat that it will struggle, just uninstall everything that has the word "dell."

Also, try shutting down other programs that are not being used, some anti virus software like Norton will also kill performance and give almost no benefit.

Try to alt/tab out of the game. Hit control/alt/delete all at the same time and select the task manager. click the "more details" thing at the bottom if you need to and you will see a list of every process being run at that time, and how much CPU, memory, and HDD each process is using. The list will be color coded and the more load, the darker the color.

I know all these things. it runs normally man, this just started to happen i'm really confused why, i will try to Unistall the game and install again hopefully it will work

Do you have quick combat on? Enable it in options, it speeds things up. If map is huge or large expect long Ruben times. I am getting close to 20 per turn now, but it's a huge game with 22 civs and I expected that ;)

Top Bottom