Am I the only one who has noticed this?

PlutonianEmpire

King of the Plutonian Empire
I doubt it, but I'm posting anyway. :p

Basically, for some reason, if I start a game with 2 maps, such as the extended Original, and select the pre-made world options, and when I get to the point where the second map needs to be loaded, and selecting random start locs, immediately after hitting "ok" after the random resource/star locs dialog/s for the second map, the game crashes, and is forced to close.

Here's the kicker: it happens only, *and only*, when setting up a pre-made world game for a second time while civ 2 is still running, after having been successful and seeing the gameplay appear on the screen the first try. And this happens *every* single time I run the game.

Is this a known bug, or did I screw something up here?

I have encountered a new issue in addition to the unsolved issue above, although a different one. It's kinda hard to explain.

What's happening is, something in the Fantasy game isn't working right. Basically, when I load a saved fantasy game in the fantasy folder, while in the middle of playing an Original game in its respective folder, some of the fantasy game units show the wrong icon. Example, the S Settler has the icon of one of the extra (unused?) units; in this case, a scorpion-looking unit with a rider. However, when I load from the main menu, everything appears fine.

Is this a known bug or something?

Another weird thing, when I select to allow unit animations, the default S Settler sprite kicks in -- but only for the active unit. I've included a zip file with some screenies and the unit.bmps I'm using.

I have the 1.1 patch, no-limits, and catfish's graphics modpack and classic skin modpack.

http://db.tt/FMNjLDyk

I have had the same issue when trying to add a unit. I know that you have to add a sprite in the image file. For some reason though it would grab the colonist sprite until it was moving.

When it comes to adding the maps, I could never get a second map different from the first to load properly. The second map always had to be the same as the first one, or you have to go with the default settings without any choices.

Top Bottom