Just found out how to control a puppet state's build...

de_baser

Warlord
Hey, longtime player and lurker, first time poster.

Just bought GK for a nice boost to my play motivation recently, and it's been great fun. However, i found out last night in rather random ways that i can actually go in and control what a puppeted city is building, that is if, it has the "fire upon enemy" notification up.

Firstly, access any normal city's build screen. Go to the list of build options on the left.
(It is possible that this is only the menu accessible through "choose production")
Then, while there, click the red notification for the defending puppet state on the right.
You'll zoom to the puppet city. Click the firing button, bringing up the firing radius, turning your cursor red.
- The build list will now change to that within the puppet state. Choose freely.

This trick/bug does not grant control over citizens, purchasing or anything, only what is currently being built. I had no oppurtunity if it gives you the ability to queue up production, but i imagine it would.

Couldn't find this listed in the bug section or if this is known. At work currently, travelling and not able to double check. If you have the oppurtunity to explore, please confirm this.

Thanks! And hello.

Obviously!

It does come in handy when you don't want to waste culture/happiness by annexing a city you really need to build something in - for example, walls or happiness buildings or whatever. Especially useful if you need a puppeted city on another island to build a harbor in order to connect trade routes.

anyway, quite a minor exploitable bug. Would be great to know if people are already aware of this one, though.

Can this bug/feature be used to get puppets to produce units? Can you toggle from produce to buy and rush buy units/walls in a newly puppeted city?

Nice find! Can someone post a save file that illustrates this issue?

I'll move the thread to the Bug Reports forum.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Bug Reports forum.

Top Bottom