Serious graphical issues post- brave new world

Raptor Llama

Chieftain
All of my games are having severe issues with displaying graphics for various units. Sometimes they work at first and then stop working as the game goes on.

Some pictures: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594756958967361137/20B4F83AAF7B73FBAE6FC681DB95BB2468881E7A/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594756958967568416/E95514C417803BBC0B8A26EB36B94331B0745047/

I've already verified the game cache, reinstalled the entire game, updated my drivers to a beta version then reinstalled them back, and tried to install direct x (said it was up to date). I'm running an ATI 5770 card and have not had these issues prior to BNW. It seems as far as the civilizations go, only the non-vanilla ones seem to be affected (when viewing the civilopedia), however the population icon has a black thing on it so it's also busted. Sometimes the city screen is all screwed up as well, sometime it's not.

Does anyone have any inkling of how to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: OK, so the above was seen with 3 mods: R.E.D, x2 aircraft animations, and YnAEMP. However, none of these mods affect UI, and if I load the mods then create an unmodded game said game is still broken. Very odd...

UPDATE 2: YnAEMP works, so it's either R.E.D or x2 aircraft speed causing it. Still odd. Neither mod affects the UI...

UPDATE 3: Mods individually do not cause problem. But it's weird if together they cause a problem, since none are in conflict. Maybe the issue resolved itself.

UPDATE 4: Definitely something with mod synergy. Don't know how those 3 are incompatible though...

UPDATE 5: Confirmed, R.E.D and YnAEMP are incompatible. Strange, since they shouldn't interfere, but stranger they're made by the same author. I guess he's the solution.

Strange, because I have the exact same problems and I've never installed any mods for Civ 5.

the game worked perfectly during 2 days then i cant even load, it crashes on the loading screen, tried to change the compatibility and it works on windows 98 but very slow, i have w8, and it crash with every other compatibility.

Same problem here. Only when I use yanemp the graphical glitches occur.
Red mod pack with a random map works perfectly.
Maybe we should post this in the custom maps thread ....?

Posted it in Gedemons Yanemp thread and used your screenshots. Maybe you can have a look and add something.
The post didn't show up yet though (moderator check needed ...)

Uncheck in video options "GPU Texture Decode" and the issues are gone. At least it worked for me (thanks to Gedemon who gave me the solution)

Uncheck in video options "GPU Texture Decode" and the issues are gone. At least it worked for me (thanks to Gedemon who gave me the solution)

it worked for me too, but now i wanted to start a new game with other civ and even with that unchecked the issue turns back :mad:

I'm having this same issue but I can't disable the option. I've poured over the ini files looking for it but can't find anything that matches up (I've found one that MAY but it, but I'm not sure and don't want to mess with it without knowing). Anyone have any ideas?

I am having this issue to has anyone got anything on it, I will really appreciate any help

I'm having the exact same issue. Here's my specs.

Civ V + All DLCs and Expansion (Latest version .144)
Mods Installed...
1.) RED Modpack v.27
2.) RED Xtreme v.27
3.) Smart AI Ver. 2
4.) Calypso Colored Religious icons

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
DX 11.1
Nvidia GTX 680
16GB Kingston HyperX Memory
Intel i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz

Dust-Free computer and plays Skyrim and League of Legends perfectly.

It's so weird because I'll be playing just fine for about 10 minutes - 1 hour and all of the sudden the icons for the City States, the Civilopedia Resource icons, and pop up messages including unit icons become black or red squares. Just like the pictures above.

A follow up to last night's post.

I tried this work around <Uncheck in video options "GPU Texture Decode".> So far in my current game it has worked great! I played for 2 straight hours without any issues so thanks for this suggestion.

Luziadus made a post saying that this worked for him until he started a new game and then the issues came back. I'm going to try a new game tonight to see if the icons bug out again. I'll report in once I know something.

Ok so last night I started a new game with "GPU Texture Decode" unchecked. I am proud to say that I played 3.5 hours with 0 glitches, it was flawless. It appears this suggestion worked and I want to thank Gedemon for telling us about this. I'm not sure why they put this as an option in the Video Setup but hey, it's fixed now so I'm super happy. I can play Civ V with maxed out graphics perfectly smoothly now without graphical issues. I couldn't be a happier camper!!

Thanks for this!
Been searching for a "recent" solution and came across this post.

Hopefully, the keyboard impression embedded into my forehead will eventually heal now... :wallbash:

Been having graphical glitches too, as of the 1st of November. Started happening after I upgraded my AMD drivers to the latest ones (14.9).

Problem is that, even after having rolled back to the driver I used before (14.4) the glitches keep occuring.

Must add that I play with a ton of mods and that I started a new game with a few new mods too (added 6 or 7 new Wonders like the White House, Twin Towers, Petronas Towers plus a Korean Wonders pack). But, on the other hand, I have played over 500 turns in a previous game with these newly added mods, bar the Korean pack.

Now, disabling the Korean mod doesn't do anything at all. Game starts normal, but some icons get a black square (civ anouncements, great person anouncement, some civ icons like the Iroquois, Ethiopia) after a while (as short as 10 minutes gameplay). Reloading the game makes everything normal again, but after 10 mins, it's back to glitch-city... :(

Am exclusively playing with Robrecht Of Flanders (Flemish Community pack) on a "Legendary Earth mod" map with Don Quiche's InGame Editor...

Did everything I can think of; clean instal of the 14.4 drivers (after having swiped clean any trace of the "old" drivers, cleared the cache, etc.
Not a game-breaker as there's no crashes, but bloody annoying nevertheless :/

Tools of the trade: i7-3770k, AsRock Extreme11, MSI 7970 Lightning (non-GHz edition), 16GB KHX Genesis...

This is probably why I'm sometimes feeling like going mad. Read a few times about this GPU Texture Decode thing in the past but thought it was an NVidia option only, since I couldn't find it under my GPU's options in the CCC.

Now, with fiddling about thanks to the corrupted graphics, I finally found out that it's a setting in the game's "options" :rolleyes:

Unchecked the GPU Texture Decode and all seems fine for the time being. Which is making me eat my hat as I've been playing since 2010 with this option checked without any problems whatsoever...

Beats me...

Thanks Grimster for pointing that out ;)

Top Bottom