Great Wall border problem?

monkeymcbain

Chieftain
This glitch always seems to happen to me:

-Start building Great Wall. It goes up round my cultural border.
-It's built. Over time my border extends past it.
-Save and quit the game. When i reload the Great Wall has magically extended itself to my 'new' cultural border
-border extends past it
-same thing happens again next time i quit and reload.

This happening to anyone else?

It's not a glitch - it's supposed to do that. It's just like if you reload after exploring more of the map and it centers the continents/land masses

It will extend out to the 5th ring around the city that built it and will "refresh" every time the game is reloaded.

And, lest anyone be confused on this point, the GW's effects extend to your full culture borders, including culture borders of cities that are distant from the city that built the GW. What you see on screen is just a pretty graphic.

And, lest anyone be confused on this point, the GW's effects extend to your full culture borders, including culture borders of cities that are distant from the city that built the GW. What you see on screen is just a pretty graphic.

Yes, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on water tiles. :)

Considering I have been building pyramids, great libraries and other wonders on water tiles, I don't see why the great wall shouldn't extend into the ocean. Would be nice if it worked on ships too! :crazyeye:

I think it would be nicest if you could designate where the graphic went. Especially the beginning of the game the boarders can have weird shapes. which make little strategic sense. That, and IRL the great wall was mostly a (couple of) straightish lines, not encompassing China.

Perhaps in civ6 the great wall could actually be a line of forts or something, strung between cities or on the border of another civ. I always thought this "Mega City Wall" graphic was quite silly.

Considering I have been building pyramids, great libraries and other wonders on water tiles, I don't see why the great wall shouldn't extend into the ocean. Would be nice if it worked on ships too! :crazyeye:

I think it would be nicest if you could designate where the graphic went. Especially the beginning of the game the boarders can have weird shapes. which make little strategic sense. That, and IRL the great wall was mostly a (couple of) straightish lines, not encompassing China.

Perhaps in civ6 the great wall could actually be a line of forts or something, strung between cities or on the border of another civ. I always thought this "Mega City Wall" graphic was quite silly.

But the great wall is and was essentially a "mega city wall" as you put it.

I don't have that issue. When ever I am around the great wall, the great wall stays in the same position it was built.

@reddish.

The great wall re-adjusts when a new game is loaded primarily because of the fact that the game re-loads the terrain from scratch.

There is something I don't like. I'm Poland, and I built the Parthenon, the Temple of Artemis, the Great Library, the Oracle and the Terracotta Army

I quit. Next day. I start playing, but I notice something weird. When I first played, the wonders all were built in a spot(I also noticed the Great Library collided with the Terracotta Army), and when I reloaded, they had been teleported. The Parthenon was on the other side of the city, and the ToA was gone.

I met once Shoshones with the GW, and Longbow gift from a CS. I didn't plan to invade him...

Top Bottom