The Russian Assault

The Mass Leader

The One and Only
I played World War II standard scenario that comes with the Civ 2 CD.

I played as the Russians.

At the beginning of the game, I concentrated troops in the soviet-german borders, on an attemp to avoid repeating Stalin´s mistake.

Germans launched a massive attack during winter/1942. It was totally useless that I have all my forces concentrated in the frontier. Germans decimated my whole troops. Cities were taken wuickly. At summer 1943, I had lost the entire Wastern Europe. Germans were near Moscow just 3 squares.

Allies signed a peace treaty with nazis, and then, all german troops came into soviet union. Leningrad was almost taken. The city of Riga fell under massive attack of german armors and bombers.

But, I found a way to solve this situation. In Siberia and eastern USSR, I started to produce Armos as quick as I could. At that time, I saved a lot of money and blackmailed the Allies to keep on war against Germany.

Germany gave me some time to rest, as they needed to make war against Allies. With this break on german offensive, I builded a large force of Armors in the eastern cities, and concentrated them all in Moscow. I also produced some good Bombers and put them into Moscow too.

By the winter 1943, Axis and Allies signed peace again. I launched a massive blitzkireg against all German invaing forces, and liberated Kiev. I also destroyed all 13 units in six squares with two Bombers and some Fighters, saving Moscow from suffering a huge attack.

With all German army destroyed in USSR, I started to ounter-attack. I was quick and easy to take all cities going west from Moscow with my concentrated attack forces.]

By the end of 1945, the red flag with a hammer and sickle was flying on a mast in Rome. The Axis was totally destroyed, but for 3 cities near Finland. I also left a moderate number of units near Spain.

Then, I made peace. It was over.

That looks like a nice game. A bit like what happened in the real world, only you did better then Stalin :goodjob: You sure conquered the Axis quickly if you started in winter 43-44 and was in Rome in 1945!
When I play with the Russians I usually try to keep peace with the Axis, to give me some time to build up a large Armor/Artillery force, mostly in the Ural region (as you did). Then I first conquer Turkey, to give me an extra front against the Germans, and when I feel I've build up enough Armors and Artillery and attack. Most of the time the conquest of the Axis goes fairly easy (also depending on the difficulty level of course). When playing chieftain, I remember having London in 1943 already! I then set sail for America and conquered it in 1945.
With deity it's a bit more difficult, but if you play it right, both diplomatically and military, you can easily win.

I played as Turkey on chieftain and by 1950 had completely conquered the USSR, Germany, Italy, Spain, France and southern England and Wales. Aint cheiftain great

I always play as Axis, because they have the most advantages. Hitler would have won WWII if he did not attack Russia.

Top Bottom