Prehistoric Era Reborn (20,000BC)

Novu

Warlord
Prehistoric Era Reborn (20,000BC) v26
build 3.12
Stable Release

DOWNLOAD http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23994
Now Available on Steam:

BUG FIX patch and gameplay enhancement of the old mod Prehistoric Era (v13)

Release Notes (v14)

Start the game in 20,000BC.

Improved game pace and corrected year / turn.
Adjusted Unit Balance.
Adjusted Economic Balance.
Limited city growth in the Prehistoric era (Limit 3 cities before 4000BC or 4 with Freedom)
Adjusted barbarian warrior and archer models

ALL NEW feature:
Giants
"There were giants in the Earth in those days. Great warriors of old, men of renown."
- The book of Enoch

The giant is a new type of great person that is used to crush your enemies. You only get ONE. If it dies you can't get another.
-Giant names based on historical and mythological giants.
- Strength 10 :c5strength:
- Moves 2 :c5moves:
- Promotion City Assault

Spoiler :

NEW National wonder: Meeting Place.
- Yields +1 :c5happy:
- Gives one giant unit
- give +2 :tourism: after discovering archaeology (Giant Skeleton artifact)

Release Notes (v15)

The long awaited water expansion is here!
-New Building: Dock
-New Sea Unit - Kon Tiki Raft
-Explore the prehistoric coast including rival territory

Coastal building progression is now Dock -> Lighthouse -> Harbor -> Seaport.

Spoiler :

New Special Unit: Obsidian Archer
- More powerful version of the normal archer but requires obsidian resource to build
- Strength 5 :c5strength:
- Ranged 9 :c5rangedstrength:
- Movement 2 :c5moves:

Spoiler :

Release Notes (v16)

Lions are now a major threat in the prehistoric era.

New hunter Unit that uses FLINT.
- Strength 7 :c5strength:
- Movement 2 :c5moves:
- Heals after every kill.

Takes more faith to found a Religion.

Release Notes (v17)

-Lion combat increased to 9 :c5strength:
-New graphic for hunter
-NEW game mechanic (minor religions)
*All civilizations will get a minor religion that will persist even after the founding of the major religions.

Release Notes (v18)
-Two new Units (Great Hero and Great Shaman)
-Four new buildings (Copper Weapons, Copper Jeweler, Hero's Hut, and Shaman Circle)
-New Technology: Copper Forging
-New Luxury: Copper Jewellery
-Longer deals duration on Standard speed
*Bug fix with removing outposts
*Goodyhut revamp

Release Notes (v19)
- NEW process Gather Food converts 25% production into
- New building Copper Tools +3 production
- Custom graphics for Prehistoric era settlers.

Release Notes (v20)
- Female Shaman added
- NEW unit priestess

Release Notes (v21)
- Female Savage added
- improvements to the Female Shaman

Release Notes (v22)
- Economic Balance Patch
- Less gold from campfire

Release Notes (v23)
- Settlers from Chieftain hut and Campfire

Release Notes (v24)

- Maya Atlatlist moved to "Scouting" tech
- Chieftain hut requires more Production :c5production:

Release Notes (v25)
- Mounted scout upgrade fix at Horseback riding
- Palace costs increased :c5production:
- New Luxury Cintamani stone.

Release Notes (v26)
- Arrow maker and Obsidian Jeweler added
- Obsidian Jewellery added
- Gather food :c5citizen: moved to Hunting tech

Release Notes (v27)
- Barbarians will now spawn Mammoths
- Strength 11 :c5strength:
- Movement 1 :c5moves:

Release Notes (v28)
- Megalith Building +1 :c5science:
- New national wonder "Great Shrine" +2 :c5faith:
- Tunnel +1 :c5production: and engineer slot
- Farmer's Market +:c5food: and merchant slot

Recommended optional Download mods:
Bronze Age Units
Gobekli Tepe Wonder
Hattusa

More Features to come in future updates.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23994

---

Original Mod credits:
Muppets for:
- original prehistoric idea and g&k mod

CarlosCodex for:
- BNW prehistoric era

Androrc for:
- wildlife & animals

- Muppets! For the original complete mod that I played for hours and hours and inspired me to make other mods.
- danrell and Patum333 from civfanatics.com for their fantastic unit models! (See a complete list below.)
- framedarchitecture for help on making this mod a lot more compatible with other mods!
- JFD, who provided a new trait for France with his "New Beginnings" mod!

Wulfgar, Deliverator, WHoward, danrell, lemmy101
- Horemvore for the resources examples and base art.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there were any coders here that could help crack this nut.

I have created a new unit that requires the resource obsidian. The problem is the obsidian stopped spawning on the map. I suspect there is either something wrong with the values in the XML file or the resource LUA script needs to be rewritten to accommodate obsidian as strategic resource.

UPDATE: Bug FIXED.
- Recommend re-download the latest version of (Prehistoric Era v15)

Spoiler :

Sample XML code
Spoiler :
Code:
<GameData>

<Resources>
    <InsertOrAbort>

<Type>RESOURCE_OBSIDIAN</Type>
      <Description>TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_OBSIDIAN_TITLE</Description>
      <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_OBSIDIAN_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
      <Help>TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_OBSIDIAN_HELP</Help>
      <ResourceClassType>RESOURCECLASS_RUSH</ResourceClassType>
      <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_RESOURCE_OBSIDIAN</ArtDefineTag>
      <TechReveal>TECH_COMPLEX_TOOLS</TechReveal>
      <TechCityTrade>TECH_ARCHERY</TechCityTrade>
      <AIStopTradingEra>ERA_CLASSICAL</AIStopTradingEra>
      <AITradeModifier>5</AITradeModifier>
      <AIObjective>1</AIObjective>
      <PlacementOrder>4</PlacementOrder>
      <ConstAppearance>50</ConstAppearance>
      <MinAreaSize>3</MinAreaSize>
      <MinLatitude>1</MinLatitude>
      <MaxLatitude>90</MaxLatitude>
      <RandApp1>25</RandApp1>
      <RandApp2>25</RandApp2>
      <Player>0</Player>
      <TilesPer>5</TilesPer>
      <Hills>1</Hills>
      <Flatlands>1</Flatlands>
      <IconString>[ICON_RES_BERRIES]</IconString>
      <PortraitIndex>1</PortraitIndex>
      <IconAtlas>RESOURCE_ATLAS_PRE</IconAtlas>
    </InsertOrAbort>

</Resources>

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    20.9 KB · Views: 239
Does this mod change the source code/dll? I use the CCTP mod and I am just wondering if it will be compatible.

From a guess, no it will probably not be compatible. I think this mod change some files that we also alter.

But i could be wrong...

Does this mod change the source code/dll? I use the CCTP mod and I am just wondering if it will be compatible.

What does the CCTP mod do?

There is nothing in Prehistoric Era Reborn that changes the dll. This entire mod is only written in XML, LUA, and SQL.

It is compatible with most mods including R.E.D.

This mod only conflicts with other mods that change the Tech tree or remove buildings such as the Faerun mod. It won't work with that.

There are few bugs with player made civilizations that are installed AFTER down loading Prehistoric Era Reborn. This mod has to be installed last. If you want to add a new civilization then delete this mod. Install the new civilization and then reinstall Prehistoric era.

Hope this helps.

Great to see this mod being continued. Are you planning to include the features that were planned for the original somewhen? So, starting with a 'mobile settlement' and re-covering the tiles/not storing the map?

Also, could you readjust the city states? They're totally overpowered in the beginning right now. Religious city-states should also grant maybe only half of the original value when you discover them, especially at quick speed.

I don't suppose this mod will play nice with JFD's Cultural Diversity mod? It gives bonuses to civs at the start of a game (such as starting with Animal Husbandry, starting with a free Worker, starting with Liberty opened, starting with WLTKD).

I don't suppose this mod will play nice with JFD's Cultural Diversity mod? It gives bonuses to civs at the start of a game (such as starting with Animal Husbandry, starting with a free Worker, starting with Liberty opened, starting with WLTKD).

That will break the game badly.

Most of the early techs in prehistoric era have been moved around. Animal husbandry would be a 400 turn head start.

Spoiler :

That will break the game badly.

Most of the early techs in prehistoric era have been moved around. Animal husbandry would be a 400 turn head start.

Spoiler :

Thanks! I'll make sure to disable it when I try out this mod. It looks like a lot of fun :)

Thanks! I'll make sure to disable it when I try out this mod. It looks like a lot of fun :)

You can disable the starting bonuses separately so that the rest of the mod will work with this one, unless that's what you already meant.

You can disable the starting bonuses separately so that the rest of the mod will work with this one, unless that's what you already meant.

Actually, I was just going to deselect it in the in-game mods folder. But now that you mentioned it, disabling the start bonuses and keeping everything else intact sounds much better. Thanks for the heads up, JFD.

Looks great. But I fear this mod might clash with Arbogli's "Beyond The Future" mod, as that one also alters the tech tree in a major way, though only through adding techs at the end, not by swapping stuff around in the original tech tree...

Any clarification on if your mod clashes with the aformentioned? Thanks.

Looks great. But I fear this mod might clash with Arbogli's "Beyond The Future" mod, as that one also alters the tech tree in a major way, though only through adding techs at the end, not by swapping stuff around in the original tech tree...

Any clarification on if your mod clashes with the aformentioned? Thanks.

I somehow forgot that finding out these things was most easy when checking for oneself :D

This is what the world comes to when sitting ones lazy arse in front of a PC day and night.

To answer my own question: yes, your mod works flawlessly with Arbogli's "Beyond The Future" mod and with a ton of other mods as well.

Props to you for such a well worked-out mod, Novu

Little update:

Played a couple of hundred turns and all works flawlessly. Extra buildings and wonders are great and art looks nice as well; except for the "camps" on flints and Obsidian and stuff: they're like mini Barbarian camps. I would have gone for something akin to quarries.

A minor "issue" I have is with City States asking for impossible tasks/quests right from the go, like wanting a trade route 15 turns into the game, or my second city requesting furs 11,000BC.

The fact that your mod works a-okay with Arbogli's "Beyond The Future" mod is, I guess, because the latter doesn't alter the original tech-tree, but in fact replaces it...

*EDIT*

Something that needs checking is the fact that City States also get an extra settler (which hangs around doing nothing) because they can also create a "Chief's Hut" or whatever building it is that gets you a settler early on in the game.

Also, City State borders are expanding way quicker than Civ's cities ("stealing" away valuable tiles when near one of your own cities) and they are spawning more units than they have tiles available, making those city states units swarm the vicinity. This quickley becomes a problem for oneself too, having to get Savages or Autchtones at an unwanted rate.

Barbarian Autochtones and Lions keep popping up everywhere, long after having reached later eras, which means that you don't get the amount of culture you get from Barbarian Warriors or Archers (when adopting the "Honor" policy early on). Granted, Lions give 9 culture points throughout, but the rest of the earlier Barbarians only give 3 culture points and are far more abundant than Lions.

For the above reason I feel the policy tree should also be adapted, with additions specific for the Pre-Historic era. Something like a "Tribal Policy" where you'd be able to add a "Menhir Stone" and/or "Dolmens Hill" and get a Druid/Healer (Adding 1 happiness and/or faith); a "Hunting Trail" which adds a "Tracker Route" making it possible to set up one early trade route with a city state only; a "Mastery Of The Sling" where you'd get plus 1 food; a "Significant Grunt" (first form of language) where you'd get plus 1 culture; "Ancestry Worship" (burning of the dead/burial at sea) which would add an "Ancestor's Totem" and give plus 1 religion...

Just my own thoughts and examples, of course...

Top Bottom