MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

First the things,why I think it can't work. Please explain why it does :)
1) Which version of CSD+C4DF do you used? I made a small modpack with only these mod before and used the versions from whoward, which were compatible with his "various dll". Normally these both mods require each one dll, but with whowards version it is possible to play with only whowards dll. I think you don't have the "various dll" in your modpack, so how do they work?
I did not need to use the whoward dll because the Community Patch dll has the whoward dll included as well as a number of other fixes. The Community Patch dll is actually a better dll to use because it has the CSD and C4DF components of the dll code already activated without the need for the whoward CSD and C4DF dll minimods. I used the normal version of CSD and just deleted its dll. The C4DF version I used actually was a modified version that whoward himself put together to fix a few issues. The thread can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13703429&postcount=346
2) I use the EUI with my modpack, you too? I ask because in my CSD+C4DF modpack was a small comptibilty issue: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13773999#post13773999 and I guess there are some more which I did not found so far.
I did not use EUI. Seems like too much trouble and I'd rather have CSD+C4DF. If all other issues are resolved, then perhaps it would not be too difficult to resolve that particular issue.
3) It seems you uses mods from my modpack/from whoward that need the "various dll", don't you? If so, those mods won't work without the dll...?
Community Patch has everything from 'various dll' included in its code. So anything that requires 'various dll' will work as long as CP is the first thing loaded. Just to clarify as well, I am only using the Community Patch Core. I am not using Community Balance Patch. CBP caused problems with MPMPM so I avoided using that.
4) InfoAddict: I don't know why, I also had this in my modpack before, it causes crashes to desktop when I clicked "Back to main menu" in about 70% of the time. Since the game needs alot of time to load(especially on old computers), I decided to remove it and now there are no crashes.
I have never experienced CTDs when using InfoAddict in game, however in my test game so far (223 turns in), there was only one CTD that the other person experienced. I have not isolated the cause of this CTD.
5) Quick Turns (v 10): I had this in my modpack, too. But it does not work in multiplayer. If one of the player change the settings, it will change for everyone, but without showing this in the UI. Also the exact settings, like "only barbarian move slow" or something like that do not work in multiplayer. That's why I removed it.
So you're saying it doesn't work in multiplayer? I have not tried changing the settings as the default settings are what I wanted. I remember reading in the Quick Turns page that you wouldn't want to have the barbarians quick turned anyways because it'll disable animation of your trade routes. I'll test this out further and if the mod does indeed have no effect in multiplayer, I will remove it.
6) R.E.D. Modpack: I thought this modpack need a own dll? That's why I only used the Ethnic Units mod in my modpack. I think there are multiple versions of R.E.D. modpack out there, from where you got it?
I am using the R.E.D. modpack from the steam store
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=76153116&searchtext=R.E.D.+modpack
I just double checked and it does not have it's own dll.
Now my comments to the use of the mods ;) :
6) Fortress Borders (v 2) (Unaltered Version): I don't think the Unaltered version is good... If you want the forts to have this ability, just change my lua script that way. But I added some other important functions in the lua code that are really improtant for balancing. I don't think it is wise to play with the unaltered version, since you can exploit this mod in many ways (e.g. just build forts around your city and remove them -> you get land for free which will not go back to nature).
7) Units - Colonists and Pioneers: I also expierenced a runtime error with this mod. It was every time a non Colonist/Pioneer founded a city. Therefore I added this line into the lua script: " if (pPlot:GetUnit(i) == nil) then return; end " . If you use my version of this mod: Is it still the same part of the lua that causes the runtime error? Or is it another line?
I wanted to test the game with the regular mods first to see if everything would work. For the next iteration of my modpack and with your permission, I will try and incorporate your modified mods.

Finally, I'd like to add that I have no programming experience and that I was only able to do anything by simply reading page after page of thread comments on this thread and others on civfanatics forum and following others' lead. So thanks to everyone for making Civ 5 a more enjoyable gaming experience.

@ civaddiction:
thanks for your explanation! :) I only read on CP that it uses a dll and did not read more, because I wanted the whoward mods :D Really interesting that CP includes all this... maybe I will try it some time... at least if they add Active AI, what could happen within the next months I guess :)

How to make a multiplayer modpack with more than one language.

Til Cicero has time to implement something to choose languages, you can make the following steps to get a multiplayer modpack with your prefered languages:

1) Open the MPMP_Maker.lua file with an text editor (eg. notepad++).
2) Scroll down to the line were textFileName = "CIV5Units_Mongol.xml" is defined.
3) Add another local variable e.g. textFileName2 = "CIV5Units_Korea.xml" (any other .xml name will work, if this file is usually an empty one in the Override Folder from a finished modpack.)
4) Scroll down to the function CreateMP(). In front of CopyTextDatabase() you add a new command line, e.g CopyTextDatabaseGerman() (you can use any name you want).
5) Now scroll down to the definition of function CopyTextDatabase().
6) Copy the whole function CopyTextDatabase() and paste it right under it.
7) Now you change the name from CopyTextDatabase() to CopyTextDatabaseGerman() (or any name you gave it)
8) Replace any "en_US" in it with your prefered language, e.g "de_DE".
9) Replace any "textFileName" with your new variable "textFileName2".

Now the MPMPM copies the english text in "CIV5Units_Mongol.xml" and the german text in "CIV5Units_Korea.xml".

Possible Bug:
Some characters of alphabet are missing, e.g ö,ä,ü,ß and other non romam alphabet characters. Then it should help to load this language text before the english text. So do CopyTextDatabaseGerman() before CopyTextDatabase() in the CreateMP() function.

I think this works, at least I can play this "multi language" version in german. Cicero can you confirm that this works? I will upload this multi version in my moppack post, containing english and german. Please anyone with english version test, if it works :)

Til Cicero has time to implement something to choose languages, you can make the following steps to get a multiplayer modpack with your prefered languages:

2) Scroll down to the line were textFileName = "CIV5Units_Mongol.xml" is defined.
3) Add another local variable e.g. textFileName2 = "CIV5Units_Korea.xml" (any other .xml name will work, if this file is usually an empty one in the Override Folder from a finished modpack.)
4) Scroll down to the function CreateMP(). In front of CopyTextDatabase() you add a new command line, e.g CopyTextDatabaseGerman() (you can use any name you want).
7) Now you change the name from CopyTextDatabase() to CopyTextDatabaseGerman() (or any name you gave it)

Now the MPMPM copies the english text in "CIV5Units_Mongol.xml" and the german text in "CIV5Units_Korea.xml".

Possible Bug:
Some characters of alphabet are missing, e.g ö,ä,ü,ß and other non romam alphabet characters. Then it should help to load this language text before the english text. So do CopyTextDatabaseGerman() before CopyTextDatabase() in the CreateMP() function.

I think this works, at least I can play this "multi language" version in german. Cicero can you confirm that this works? I will upload this multi version in my moppack post, containing english and german. Please anyone with english version test, if it works :)

I'm not sure I'm going to have time to test anytime soon, but just noting that I put civaddiction's pack link in the OP and on steam.

That general procedure does in fact sound like it will work though. It's obnoxious if each language has to go into its own file, though...

The missing special characters mean the current text copying function probably doesn't have unicode support, and transitioning to unicode support is just :sad: . Oh well.

Hello, i'm back testing the community balance patch.
It works correctly except for the text: it wont load any new text Tags. At first it seems it wont load the text database, located in override/CIV5Units_Mongol.xml.

I tested more, i deleted the whole database and added just a few elements. It loaded that elements correctly.

So it seems maybe it has trouble reading the file with all the data. Maybe it has an invalid character or something?

Hello, i'm back testing the community balance patch.
It works correctly except for the text: it wont load any new text Tags. At first it seems it wont load the text database, located in override/CIV5Units_Mongol.xml.

I tested more, i deleted the whole database and added just a few elements. It loaded that elements correctly.

So it seems maybe it has trouble reading the file with all the data. Maybe it has an invalid character or something?

Aha! look what i found inside CIV5Units_Mongol.xml.

Code:
<Replace Tag="TXT_KEY_TP_CARNIVAL_EFFECT"> 
	<Text>
		Because of your unique Carnival bonus, Tourism output is
 		currently +100% with all civilizations and you are earning 
		Great People 50% faster.</Text>
	</Text>
</Replace>

Double </Text>. Why is it doubled? The lua line that does the copying is this one:
Code:
sDatabase = sDatabase .. "<Text>\n".. tostring(result.Text) .."\n</Text>\n"
This means that the problem is inside result.Text, and is therefore an error of the mod.
But we can fix it searching for this substring and erasing it. I'll make some test with this solution and report later.

That's interesting... however, after digging around, it's not an error with the mod. The game text is:

Code:
Because of your unique Carnival bonus, Tourism output is currently +100% with all civilizations and you are earning Great Writers, Artists, and Musicians 50% faster.

which is slightly different. A global Great Person +50% for Brazil comes from Community Balance patch. It's actually a typo in Community Balance Patch. Line 220 of BNWLeaderChanges.sql in the Balance patch says:

Code:
SET Text = 'Because of your unique Carnival bonus, Tourism output is currently +100% with all civilizations and you are earning Great People 50% faster.</Text>'

That last </Text> shouldn't be there.

Unfortunately, because of the way MPMPM is, one single text error like this breaks literally the whole file. This possibly explains missing text problems for other people trying to use community patch.

In Community Patch itself, since that SQL line will run no problem, the rest of the file loads fine and it probably went completely unnoticed.

I can probably fix MPMPM to circumvent <> tags inside text, though. It already converts >> and << to something else...

(Sidenote: I've been moving, so no time to do anything whatsoever with the thread right now. Sorry...)

Yeah, i meant the CBP mod, sorry.

I can probably fix MPMPM to circumvent <> tags inside text, though. It already converts >> and << to something else...

I just did that change. I search for any <> tag inside and then delete it. I'll make a pull request on the github repo.

Another problem with CBP that i found is the first turn construction times are messed up.
For example in the attached picture, i can build a scout in 1 turn, and it costs 52 production, and my city is making 5.
The monument costs 82 production and i can build it in 6 turns. (82-52) / 5 = 6.
jaguar is 67, i can build it in 3 turns. (67 - 52) / 5 = 3
Worker is 112. (112 - 52) / 5 = 12
It looks like my city is starting with 52 production somehow.

Other internet players don't seem to have this issue.
Any clues?

Attachments

• other problem.jpg
    other problem.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 222
Yeah, i meant the CBP mod, sorry.

I just did that change. I search for any <> tag inside and then delete it. I'll make a pull request on the github repo.

Another problem with CBP that i found is the first turn construction times are messed up.
For example in the attached picture, i can build a scout in 1 turn, and it costs 52 production, and my city is making 5.
The monument costs 82 production and i can build it in 6 turns. (82-52) / 5 = 6.
jaguar is 67, i can build it in 3 turns. (67 - 52) / 5 = 3
Worker is 112. (112 - 52) / 5 = 12
It looks like my city is starting with 52 production somehow.

Other internet players don't seem to have this issue.
Any clues?

Did you settle on forest? That gives you an initial production boost for clearing the forest.

Hi,

I am using a Mac Appstore Version of the game, applying your instructions I still can't get the game to run at all when the Mod packs are added to the DLC folder. The game simply attempts to run but then quits "Unexpectedly". Does anyone have any advice they can offer me on this? Cheers

Hi,

I am using a Mac Appstore Version of the game, applying your instructions I still can't get the game to run at all when the Mod packs are added to the DLC folder. The game simply attempts to run but then quits "Unexpectedly". Does anyone have any advice they can offer me on this? Cheers

If it has a dll in it it won't run.
EDIT: Also, if you are trying to run more than one pack at a time it will likely break. Will need more information such as what pack you were trying to use.

Possible Bug:

Serp, can I ask how the languages in your version of Civ V work? Does it somehow have both English and German? I ask because my default English Civ 5 only loads the English database...the rest of the languages aren't in there. I fear that it may be possible only to have a modpack with a certain language if that language is part of the maker's Civ 5 configuration.

EDIT: to be clear, I actually have the new version of MPMPM ready, but right now it's copying blanks for the other languages because they're not loaded into my game.

Serp, can I ask how the languages in your version of Civ V work? Does it somehow have both English and German? I ask because my default English Civ 5 only loads the English database...the rest of the languages aren't in there. I fear that it may be possible only to have a modpack with a certain language if that language is part of the maker's Civ 5 configuration.

EDIT: to be clear, I actually have the new version of MPMPM ready, but right now it's copying blanks for the other languages because they're not loaded into my game.

When I go to Assets/Gameplay/NewText I have German (because it is my system language) and English (I guess standard for everyone) texts there. So yes, I'm sure my mutli modpack works in english and german. But it would create blank files, if I try to add another language, cause I don't have the textfiles for these languages.

I read that you can set your language on steam for each game and then steam will download the textfiles for these languages. That way you would be able to create a real multi language modpack.

I think the best solution for MPMPM would be to create a textfile for each language that appaear in the game textfiles or in one mod textfile. *

Or/and you could add an additional download, which includes all major language textfiles for the game. And everyone who want to create a multi language version have to download this first (would make sense, if you have to select and download every single language on steam and are not able to download it in a packet...)

edit:
When I make a modpack with german textfiles only, but the mod has no german translation, ingame will be a "text missing" message for the mod textfiles.
I wonder why...
Anyway, I tested something: I deleted one german text entry in the override file (deleted the whole replace tag). Ingame this missing text was replaced by the english one automatically. So I guess, if no english text is in the override, the text is missing. But if an english text is there, it will replace the missing texts.
-> Every modpack, regardless which language it should be, needs the english texts as standard.

* from this test we know, that missing text entries will be replaced by the english ones. So I think blank override files/missing text entries will be no problem...
...but you should test this, if this is also the case for game textfiles... Because when I play with a modpack, that has english language only, my game language is still german, only the mods are english...

... I'm stucked now :D I don't know if my last sentence mean, that we don't need all gametextfiles... =/

For now my Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay is finished :)

I will test it more deeply in some weeks, but I think it is playable already, I found no bugs during a quick testing.
So it is kind of a beta version. You can test it and report bugs.

The aim is to not change gameplay, but improve it! That means there are alot of great mods out there. But some of them would unbalance the game, so I only use balanced mods or balance them myself with some changes.
I translated most of the mods into german. But not everything, since it would be too much work (e.g the 90 new pantheon beliefs). Feel free to translate it and send me the translation :D
And of course you can play it in english ;)

It should be played with EUI: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263
(since I deleted some files (YieldPlotManager from Various Components DLL) to make it compatible with EUI)
Also try the communitas map, it's great! (just download the map and copy paste it in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps . Now you can also play it in multiplayer)

Download:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10579372/MP_MODSPACK_Improved_Gameplay_multi_v14.zip.html - multi version v14 beta

Known Bugs:
-

Installation:
Simply unpack the zip file with 7zip/winrar or simular and copy paste the result into Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC .

Now a list what my modpack contains, with a short description and in some cases my changes. You can find the original mods (with more detailed description) simply by google the names ;) I took about half of the mods from the great collection from whoward: http://www.picknmixmods.com/main/home/home.html
  • (BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1):
    Desc: Harder and smarter Barbarian with some special promos depending on the age and sometimes barbarian Generals in their camp.
    Settings: settings_BarbarianNames = 0, settings_BarbarianChangeAll = 0, settings_BarbarianPromos = 1, settings_BarbarianGenerals = 1, settings_BarbarianUnhappiness = 1, settings_BarbarianEvents = 0
    My Changes: You can gain up to 150 XP via fighting barbarian. Reduced value "BARBARIAN_CAMP_ODDS_OF_NEW_CAMP_SPAWNING" from 3 to 2. Raised "BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_CAPITAL" from 4 to 5. Raised ""BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_ANOTHER_CAMP"" from 5 to 6.
  • AI - Smart (v2):
    Desc: AI acts much smarter, especially in fights.
  • AI - Warmonger Adjustment (v1):
    Desc: Adjustments to the warmonger threat received from capturing cities
  • Buildings - Guilds Great Work Displays (v 2):
    Desc: Adds three Great Work slots to each guild. To maximise the theming bonus the slots must be filled with Great Works from consecutive eras
  • Buildings - Storage Yard and Stockpile (v 1):
    Desc: A stockpile is a reserve of building materials (production) that can be used to jump-start the city's next building project.
  • Buildings - Upgrade System (v 12):
    Desc: Most basic buildings in town can be upgraded, which will increase the gain +50%, but costs +100% maintance.
  • Civ5ModVorposten (v 1):
    Desc: My own little improvement, it does provide +50%defense and costs 3 Gold/turn maintaince. I use the graphics from the Lookout-Tower Mod and the abilities from the Fortress Borders mod, to create a new improvement to expand your territorium without building cities. (More details see Fortress Borders)
  • Diplomacy - Auto-Denounce (v 1):
    Desc: Human players will auto-denounce AI players before going to war with them
  • DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66):
    Desc: Whowards mod components, to play with all his awesome mods/bugfixes with one single dll.
  • Ethnic Units (v 31):
    Desc: Most units gets great new graphic designs depending on their civilization!
  • Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3):
    Desc: like the name says ^^
  • Fortress Borders (v 2):
    Desc + My Changes: Normally this mod would give Forts culture borders. But I deactivated that (because we need normal forts), now only my new improvement "Vorposten" has this ability (german for outpost/picket). You can build it everywhere, except ressources and water/ice/mountains.. :D. You will gain controll over the tiles next to it. But: If more than 5 turns no unit is stationed there (or the Vorposten is removed), the land goes back to nature. And if an enemy unit is stationed there, the land and the Vorposten become the own from this enemy. So you should not build this near your town, since you could loose land you already captured with your city. In this new territorium you can improve your units, heal faster and also build improvements to get access to ressources, so everything you can do in your own territorium! (I also fixed some problems from the original mod)
  • Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101):
    Desc: Better placement from these Natural wonders on maps.
  • Global - 2 Units Per Fort (v 1):
    Desc: Two Units at once can be in one Fort!
  • Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1):
    Desc: Two Units at once can be in one City! (yes only two, not three ;) )
  • Global - City Bombard Range (v 2):
    Desc: The city bombard range depends on your age. In the first age it is just 1 tile. Then 2 tiles. And someday up to 3 tiles range ;)
  • Global - City Forest Bonus (v 3):
    Desc: Give initial production boost for cities founded on forests, as if the forest had been chopped down by a worker (so in the beginning it could help to found the city on a forrest ;) )
  • Global - City States Gifts (v 4):
    Desc: While discovering a new city state, they will give you a gift of gold (mercantile), food (maritime), culture (cultural), faith (religious) or (possibly) a unit (militaristic). In addition to the specific gift a friendship boost is also given - city states are sociable, they like meeting great nations! The first team to meet a city state gets more than subsequent ones, and the leader of the team gets more than the other team members.
  • Global - City Working Distance (v 7):
    Desc: The cities can now work at up to 5 tiles away from the city and you can also buy these tiles with gold!
    Settings: To work on 4 tiles you have to research Civil Service. To work on 5 tiles you have to research Railroad.
  • Global - Commander Influence Borders (v 1):
    Desc: You can see the Influence of Genreal and Admiral.
  • Global - CS Liberate After Buyout (v 1):
    Desc: City States can be liberated after being married into the Austrian Empire or assimilated bt Venice
  • Global - CS Raze Rarely (v 2):
    Desc: City States will only raze captured cities if it will make them very unhappy (happiness less than -10) as opposed to just unhappy (happiness less than 0)
  • Global - GA Happiness (v 1):
    Desc: During a Golden Age, any excess happiness continues to accumulate towards the next Golden Age
  • Global - Grateful Settlers (v 2):
    Desc: Other player's settlers captured from Barbarians will sometimes remain as settlers and not convert to workers. The chance depends on the relationship between the original civ and the capturing civ and the popularity difference between the two civs
  • Global - Local Generals (v 2):
    Desc: Great Generals and Admirals gained from combat experience spawn in the war-zone and not in a distant city
  • Global - National Wonders Exclude Razing (v 1):
    Desc: National Wonders (NW) requiring a building in every city exclude those being razed (in addition to excluding puppets)
  • Global - Naval Nearest Water (v 2):
    Desc: Fixes the problem where the naval units jump to the nearest city and not the nearest available water plot
  • Global - No Conquered Spaceships (v 2):
    Desc: Capturing a capital will destroy any parts of a partially assembled spaceship. Parts in transit are not affected.
  • Global - No Followup From Cities (v 3):
    Desc: Units attacking from a fortified position (cities, citadels and forts) will not follow-up into the hex if they kill the defender, but they will remain within their walls.
  • Global - Passable Forts (v 3):
    Desc: Ships may enter forts/citadels
    Settings: Only Forts/Citadels next to a coast tile are passable.
  • Global - Pro-rata Buildings Purchase (v 2):
    Desc: Partially constructed buildings in a city can be rush bought for a discount
  • Global - Religious Settlers (v 1):
    Desc: Settlers (and other units capable of founding a city) from a city with one or more religions will take a random religion with them. When the new city if founded it will fully adopt that religion. If the "Global - Grateful Settlers" mod is active, if the re-captured settlers are of the religion founded by the liberator, there is a greater chance they will remain a settler unit.
  • Global - Spice Islands (v 1):
    Desc: Changes Indonesia's trait such that the bonus luxuries appear around the city as workable resources, instead of under it.
  • Global - Truly Free Great People (v 1):
    Desc: Great People from policies, traits, buildings, etc, do NOT increase the cost of earnt GPs
  • Global - Venice Keeps Resources (v 1)
    Desc: Mercantile City States acquired via a Merchant of Venice do not lose their unique resources
  • Goody Huts - No Auto-Mapping (v 2):
    Desc: Removes maps and barbarian camps from automatic goody hut outcomes, units that can pick their goody hut outcome may still choose a map.
  • Goody Huts - Tech Refund (v 7):
    Desc: If a Goody Hut gives the currently being researched tech, transfers a percentage of the research lost to a tech dependant on the one discovered
  • Improvement - Airbases (v 12):
    Desc: Adds a buildable airbase improvement that permits up to three aircraft to be stationed on a tile, or five after radar is researched.
  • Improvement - Farm Replacement (v 1):
    Desc: Fixes a bug from farm improvement. This mod replaces the layout handler used for Farms with RANDOM and adds new, non-era specific, graphics for farms.
  • Improvement - Lookout Towers (v 1):
    Desc: I only use the graphic from this improvement for my "Vorposten". The rest is deactivated.
  • Improvement - Tunnel (v 4):
    Desc: Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) construct tunnels through mountains. Like workboats, once the tunnel is built the unit is consumed. Tunnels create a rail link across the tile and once the link is established ANY unit may traverse the mountain tile
  • Improvement Upgrades (v 1):
    Desc: Alot new improvements, that can be build over the old improvements, to further improve outputs E.g.: Enchanced Mine, En. Quarry, Fair Trade Plantation, Hunting Lodge, Ranch, Sawmill... Adds also improvements like Ski-Resort, Beach-Resort, Suburb and many more. They all can be build in the middle/late game.
    My Changes: There were some bugs with some of these improvements. I did my best to solve them and I think I did (although I tested not every building, only the ones used the most). Also these improvements are very powerful, that's why now you can't place two of the same kind next to each other. And I added the new luxuries to the enchanced mine/plantation.
  • Jungle Yields Mod (v 100):
    Desc: Lumbermill/Sawmill can be build on Jungle. And if you remove Jungle, the next city will gain a production boost. Ths mod makes the jungle more equal to the forest.
    My Changes: The mod removed the science boost from university+jungle. I deactivated this, so jungle can give science.
  • Low Resolution Improvements (v 4):
    Desc: The file size of the improvements' art is reduced allowing the game to load them quicker which can reduce lag from many improvements without changing their appearance noticeably.
  • Maps - Random Goody Huts (v 6):
    Desc: Generate random goody huts on fixed maps (ie .Civ5map files, not map scripts)
  • More Luxuries (v 155):
    Desc: Adds new Luxuries: Amber, Lapis, Jade, Coffee, Olive, Perfume, Corall, Tabacco, Tea, Glas (Glas only from mercantile city states)
  • NaturalWonders - Equality (v 5):
    Desc: Changes Natural Wonders such that the combined Happiness, Food, Gold, Scrience, Productuon, Culture and Faith yield is eight
  • Policy - Free Warrior:
    Desc: Free combat unit with the Honor Policy (in much the same vein as you get a free Settler and Worker with Liberty policies)
  • Policy - Reveal Capitals (v 6):
    Desc: Patronage reveals City States and Commerce reveal Capitals of other civilizations. You will still have to trek to each location to meet the City State, but at least you will know where they are.
  • Promotions - AntiAir Specialisations (v 1):
    Desc: Replaces the land-attack Drill and Shock promotions for AA units with air-attack Interception and Flack promotions.
  • Promotions - Extra Cargo (v 5):
    Desc: Two promotions to increase cargo capacity (ie extra planes or missiles for Carriers, Cruisers and Subs)
  • Promotions - Jet Long Range Recon (v 3):
    Desc: Jet Fighters gain +2 reconnaissance range
  • Promotions - Terrain Crossing (v 3):
    Desc: Some new promotions like Alpine Corp, Arctic Corp, Ice Breaker, Ocean Explorer and Deep Water Embarkation. To make units to be able to walk over ice/mountains and so on.
  • Rebalanced warfare (v 2):
    Desc + my changes: Changes ranges and some starting promotions from units. I set the following: All Siege Units get the promotion Indirect fire, allowing them to shot over forest/hills/mountains. All siege units after the catapult (catapult still has 2) will have a range of 3! So now they are really powerful against cities. Gatling guns, machine guns and bazooka units have range 2 and reduced melee strength. Normally Infantry units would get the siege promotion with this mod, but since this would be much to powerful, I removed this.
  • Reforestation (v 8):
    Desc: You can plant a new forest with workers! In addition to that there is a small chance a forest ressource will appaer at this tile!
    My Changes: It takes now twice of the original time to build a new forest, since otherwise it would be too powerful.
  • Religion - Beliefs Expansion Pack (v 25):
    Desc: Add approx. 90 beliefs, These beliefs are mostly an expand from existing beliefs for a wider choice for all beliefs type. For example: Vanilla belief gave (+1 Happiness from shrines), i expanded this belief and made 6 of them out of it with all a different ressource bonus (Culture, science etc..)
    My Changes: Added the new Luxuries Lapis, Amber and Jade to the Mine God. And added the new enchanced improvements to the improvement gods.
  • Religion - Fixed Pantheons (v 1):
    Desc: Increases the faith for a Pantheon to 20 (from 10) but removes the per-Pantheon increment (so all players get their Pantheon at 20 faith) [in my test games it's alway 13.. but it does not increase, so everything is fine]
  • Religion - Fixed Prophets (v 2):
    Desc: Removes the random element from how much faith is required for pre-Industrial era prophets
  • Religion - Improved Customization (v 15):
    Desc: This mod allow any civilization to choose a bonus belief to give you more choices when you found a new Religion. (Just like the Byzantine). Accordingly, Theodora's trait have changed to: 'All cities get a Free Shrine. Holy Sites provide 50% more Faith'
  • Resource - Granary Includes Bison (v 3):
    Desc: like title says.
  • Ressource - Mint Include Copper (v 2):
    Desc: like title says.
  • Speedy Starting Settler (v 1):
    Desc + my changes: The starting settler (and only the starting one) is faster. It ignores tiles costs and as a movement of 6 (original was 10, but I think 6 is enough).
  • Tech - Satellites Reveal Cities (v 9):
    Desc: Satellites reveal cities, making them targetable without line of sight.
  • Terrain - Brazilwood Camp Extension (v 3):
    Desc: This mod extend the ability to build the improvement : Brazilwood Camp, to every civilization. Accordingly, a unique building has been added to Brazil civilization: the 'Jesuit Church', wich replaces the Garden.
  • Terrain - Kasbah Extension (v 3):
    Desc: This mod extend the ability to build the improvement : Kasbah, to every civilization. Accordingly, a unique building has been added to Morocco civilization: 'The Riad', wich replaces the Garden.
  • Terrain - Polder Extension (v 3):
    Desc: This mod extend the ability to build the improvement : Polder, to every civilization. Accordingly, A Unique building has been added to Netherland civilization: The 'Polder Mill' wich replaces the Windmill.
  • Terrain - Pontoon Bridge (v 3):
    Desc: A pontoon bridge permits land units to cross small, shallow bodies of water. Can be build be an embarking worker, which is consumed building it. Can only be build on water with at least 4 land tiles around it.
  • Terrain - Poor Tiles Tweak (v 2):
    Desc: This mod gives a minor base yields and unlock some worker improvements possibilities for poor or useless terrains like snow and desert. Removing the irritating penalty of having tiles that cannot be worked by the city within the city range and making Nordic or 'Oasisless/floodplainless' Desertic cities a little more viable.
  • UI - Trade Routes Enhancements (v 6):
    Desc: Adds * View/Recall/End option to Trade Routes Overview * Reduces city entry size when re-homing a trade unit * Display destination cities in the tooltip when rehoming. Domestic trade routes (shipping food/prod) can be cancelled immediately (ie don't send any more stuff). International trade routes (gold) can be recalled, and will end when the trade unit reaches its home city
  • Unique Policy Buildings (v 4):
    Desc: This mod adds a unique building unlocked by each policy tree. Each building is unlocked by the policy opener. (More info see steam workshop)
  • Units - Cheap Workboats (v 2):
    Desc: One Worker (cost 70 hammers) can build/repair an unlimited number of improvements, but one Work Boat (cost 50 hammers) can build/repair only one. This mod reduce costs of Workboats.
  • Units - Colonists and Pioneers (v 2):
    Desc: Adds the Pioneer and the Colonist: Midgame and lategame settlers that founds cities with additional population, territory and buildings. turn into a workers upon founding a city. Unlocks at Compass and biology. Spanish conquistadors found cities like Pioneers.
  • Units - Mech Infantry (v 9):
    Desc: Mech Infantry - Power Suits for the Modern Infantry Man
  • Units - Multiple Upgrades (v 2):
    Desc: Warriors have an alternative (non-iron) upgrade path via Spearmen and Pikemen. Pikemen have an alternative (non-mounted) upgrade to Musketmen. Crossbowmen have an alternative (non-ranged) upgrade to Riflemen
  • Units - Population (v 7):
    Desc: Refugees from captured cities that are being razed. Units spawn at random from captured cities that are being razed and represent the displaced population that are willing to settle elsewhere in the new empire. Move the unit to a new city and garrison it to add the unit to the population of that city.
  • Units - Prospectors (v 7):
    Desc: Prospectors can extract gold and resources from Gems, Gold, Silver, Marble and Copper (G&K) outside the civilisations borders
    MyChanges: Added the new luxuries Lapis, Amber and Jade
  • Units - Starting Scout (v 1):
    Desc: You start with a Scout instead of a warrior.
  • Units - Subs Immune Under Ice (v 2):
    Desc: Like title says.
  • Units - Visible Trade Units (v 1):
    Desc: Trade Units does not disappear in fog. Now you can always see them.
  • War - Less Damaged Captured Cities (v 3):
    Desc: This mod reduce the damage to population and buildings that is instantly applied to a city when you capture it.
  • Workable Mountains:
    Desc: Mountains can now be worked by cities once they have a yield. They don't start with one, but a small number of buildings can improve them. (For more info see workshop or CivFanatics)

A big Thanks to all the modders who created these and other fantastic mods!

Changelog:
v11:
Bugfixes:
- Added Truffles to Hunting Lodge (en+de)
- Added Cocoa to Fair Trade Plantation. (en+de)
- deactivated some barbarion immmersion changes: tech percent, minimum distance, first turn percent (de+en)
- added some missing translations (de)
- fixed double files that I included by accident in the german file (de)
v12:
- a multi language version, which includes german and english
- Corrected some typos (german text)
- Fixed a bug in barbarion immersion, which removed the terrorists promotion
- Barbarian generals will spawn not before the average age of all players is classic or higher (that way the barbarian are not that heavy during the first exploration)
- Reduced the possibility of spawning barbarian generals from 1/40 to 1/120 per camp. With 1/40 after ~30 turns in nearly every camp was a general, which was too much.
- Added the mod "Wonder Race (v4)". Now you get a message, when someone else is building the same wonder like you.
- Translated the gifts-text of city states into german.
- Added +2 Sight Range to the Speedy Starting Settler.
v13:
- fixed a bug introduced in v12, which prevent barbarian camps from spawning (so in v12 are no barbarians)
v14:
- removed "Multiple Upgrades" mod, till I know how to make it multiplayer compatible
- Changed text from "Wonder Race" Mod. You now get only an info, if someone builds the same wonder, but you will not know if you are winning or loosing.

I wish I could add Active AI, but unfortunately I'm not able to merge two dll files =/ But I got the information from JDH, that he plans to make his dll code public after the next big update. Maybe there will be some guys that are able to merge this with other dlls like the community patch.

@cicero225:
After adding the german textdatabase function, the override files only contains the german text and no english text.
My CopyTextDatabaseGerman() function does look exactly like the en_US function. I just changed en_US into de_DE. Should I change more, e.g variable names to get more than one language, or isn't it possible to get a multi version?
I tried to do merge the english and german versions textfiles (this units_mongol file). But this seems not to work. When I try to start a game, it will crash back to desktop.

Hi Serps, I have a question regarding the Fortress Borders mod. I am using CP and CBP and the original Fortress Borders is compatible with CBP. The link to it took me to the Steam Workshop and I noticed you made some improvements to it in the comments section.
If I use your version will I still retain CBP compatibility?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi Serps, I have a question regarding the Borders Fortress mod. I am using CP and CBP and the original Borders Fortress is compatible with CBP. The link to it took me to the Steam Workshop and I noticed you made some improvements to it in the comments section.
If I use your version will I still retain CBP compatibility?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi :)
I'm not sure,...

Do you only want to use the bugfixes (eg. noticing that a fort is destroyed), or do you want to use more, like the improvement "Vorposten" ?

If you only want the bugfixes you need to change the scripts a bit and replace the vorposten with the forts again.
If you want it exactly that way I use it in my modpack, than you can leave it the way it is, but of course you also need the mods Civ5Vorposten and this Outpost mod, from where I took the graphics.

Anyway... If the normal fortress borders mod does work with CBP, I can't imagine a reason why my changes should not work. (since I only added a function to check destruction and replaced the fort with the "vorposten")

But the only way to find it out for sure, is to test it :D

edit: ...
I don't know for sure, how the CP works. Is the fortress borders mod completely included? Or do you have to download and activate it in addition to CP ? (and CP only checks if files from fortres borders are there..? then it could be important, that the improved files have the same name like the old ones... and I'm not sure if new files like my vorposten will work, if this is the case...)

edit2:
sry for editing again, it will be the last time :)
I took a look at CBP thread in it says "compatible out of the box". So I'm sure all my changes are also compatible ;)

Thanks for the prompt reply Serps. Yeah I am mainly using it for the bug fix which I think is needed (noticing fort is destroyed). I am not sure how to go about that though. Is it a simple edit to fix the original Fortress border mod? :)

The Fortress Borders mod is on the list of compatible mods on the CBP mod list which you have to download, I don't think it is included in CP.

Thanks for the prompt reply Serps. Yeah I am mainly using it for the bug fix which I think is needed (noticing fort is destroyed). I am not sure how to go about that though. Is it a simple edit to fix the original Fortress border mod? :)

It's quite easy to fix yes, but I can do that for you and upload a fixed version.

But, I will tell you about the differences from original to my changes:

Original:
- Forts and Citadels get cultural borders and cost gold to maintain.
- If an enemy conquer it , the land around it will go over to enemy.
- If you have no unit on it for 5 rounds, the land around it will go over to nature, BUT this does not happen for all tiles 5 tiles around a city from fort owner.
- If you remove a fort, the tile will not notice this. It will change borders like descriped above, but you have no maintance to pay.
-> you can build forts around your city and remove them, to get free land.

So now my reasons,why I changed it:
- I like to build forts in my land to get the defense bonus for my units. So I don't like the maintance costs and that this land could go over to enemy/nature -> I needed another improvement to get the borders.
- I don't like, that you can exploit it the way described above. -> therefore I changed this 5 tiles rule to 1 tile and added a check, when it gets destroyed. So in my version, if it gets destroyed, it is really destroyed and borders will disappear around that tile, even if you build it near your town (so you should not build it near your town).

So if you don't need forts/citadels do defend your land, you don't need the new improvement. But I need it ^^

So here is the version with the destroy-check only:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10597243/main.lua.html
Replace the original main.lua file with this new one.
With that new main.lua, tiles without a fort, will act like a tile without a fort. To prevent exploiting it, the 5 tile rule is reduced to 2 tile. So it's not wise to build a fort near your town and remove it some day, since you could loose territorium you already captured with your city. No more changes.
( I did not test it, so if you find bugs, please report them, though I don't think there are bugs in it)

Thanks for the full explanation and the reasons why you made the changes, It is very clear now. I also see that you also added a link in the steam workshop too, great stuff.

I really appreciate your time in tweaking the mod and uploading it for me which removes the exploit and keeping CBP compatibility :)
I will have a play through over the weekend and let you know how it plays.

below is the link where the original mod is listed, I think your version should replace the original in this list as it is now superior.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542679

Thanks for the full explanation and the reasons why you made the changes, It is very clear now. I also see that you also added a link in the steam workshop too, great stuff.

I really appreciate your time in tweaking the mod and uploading it for me which removes the exploit and keeping CBP compatibility :)
I will have a play through over the weekend and let you know how it plays.

below is the link where the original mod is listed, I think your version should replace the original in this list as it is now superior.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542679

During writing my post above, I forgot why I explained my reasons :D
Now I remeber:
In this new main.lua I added the destroy check, yes. But I did not change the 5 tiles rule. So you can exploit it even better now :D (since the land can't go over to enemies)

I/you could change this tile rule simply to 2, as I did in my modpack. But with that you should have in mind, that you could loose the land around your city, if the fort is empty/ you remove it. -> You should not build forts near your city...
And because I would like to build forts near my city, because of the defense boost, I added the new improvement :D

Anyway... without changing the 5 tile rule to 2, my destroy check is not able to prevent exploiting ^^
So I will edit the file and upload it again.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10597243/main.lua.html

You can simply edit this number on your own by open the main.lua file and edit the MAX_FORT_CITY_DISTANCE number.

Top Bottom