Mod Ideas:Civilization 5: Colonies Lost To Time

If I may ask, any idea when we may say Belgium Congo? Really excited to play as them :D

After Franch Algeria probably even though I have been considering bundling the both of them in one pack since they already have been to a somewhat playable state. So if I had to guess probably early next year

RawSasquatch also offered to do some art for the LS but he hasn't reported back to me in a while, probably due to his Fallout Civ development and Fallout 4. Although I wouldn't blame him because I've actually dedicated a good time to Fallout 4 myself

Do you by any chance have a larger copy of that Congo Free State map? I kind of want one for my wall.

(serious)

Well your going to have to ask Regalman because he put me at the disadvantage of not giving me the DOM sized map...

The good news for you is that Morton's leader scene is almost finished, though I may make a few more adjustments between now and the time Regalman gets the full-sized map to one of us so I can make the DOM. So with that in mind, here's the current final version:
Spoiler :

It's been a wild ride trying to get this done between all my other civs and Fallout 4, and every time I got something done I wasn't happy with it. I started with a different model for the body and hated it when it was almost done, so I switched out to the rifle-toting one, which took a long time, then I decided I didn't like the background, but halfway through putting a new one together I realized it didn't work well and switched back to the current one, and I'm STILL not 100% happy with how his face turned out after all that, but I decided it's acceptable enough to present. I'm looking forward to seeing the civ in action!

And here's the DOM!
Spoiler :

And here's the DOM!
Spoiler :

That is beautiful sir. No really thanks Sasquatch I really appreciate it and hopefully I'll have those Belgians released by next year or so after Francophiles get thier own quickfix. I'm also looking foward to your Biafra extensively...

Heres something I came up with after some research:

British South Africa

Henry Bartle Frere

On the 9th Frontier
Pillaged Tiles containing Improvements damage Enemy Units ending thier turn on or adjacent to them.

Askari
May receive a free Promotion dependent on the Terrain* of the City where it was trained was founded on.

Blockhouse
May only be built in Open Terrain. Units stationed on it gain +20% :c5strength: Combat Bonus and may establish a Zone of Control as if it were a Unit. Available at Masonry.

Spoiler :
*Promotions:
Desert and Desert Hills: Survivalism I

Grassland and Grassland Hills: Scouting I

Plains and Plains Hill: Mobility

Some of its not codeable but I would like to see if there is a viable alternative and of course something additional part for the UA.

What happens if an Askari is trained in a city on a desert hill, grassland hill, or plains hill? Or in tundra or snow?

I specified a bit more. Tundra or Snow would be ignored because I don't think there has been a prominent part of the climate and environment in South Africa.

How can a pillaged tile not have an improvement?

It would sound really short and not very technical if I didn't.

EDIT: So some feedback would be nice...

Way, Way too simple. Single effect UAs gotta be strong, and this UA isn't enough. I do like the UU's concept, as I found scouting promotions quite useful on regular units. I do not like the naming though, askari should probably be reserved for other colonial civs IMO. About the blockhouse: I didn't quite like it...

Top Bottom