Howard Tafty

Minister-Chairman
Civilization 5: Colonies Lost to Time

Current Civs in Progress:

Spoiler :

French Algeria

Thomas Robert Bugeaud

Régime Du Sabre
Upon capturing a City receive a free Gunpowder Unit. Military Units are healed within a 3-Tile radius of a City upon being captured.

Spahi
Replaces Cavalry. Gains a 15% :c5strength: Combat Bonus in Enemy Territory. May instantly be trained in a Conquered City at the cost of 1 :c5citizen: Citizen.

Tirailleur
Replaces the Rifleman. Much less costlier to produce and has the "Red Guard" promotion allowing it to generate :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points when garrisoned if the City is celebrating a WLtKD.

Steam: TBD

Direct Download: TBD

Spoiler :

Belgian Congo

Henry Morton Stanley

Bula Matari
Rivers extend length of land trade routes as if they were roads. +2 :c5production: Production from Plantations.

Force Publique
Replaces Great War Infantry. When stationed on a Plantation it generates +2 :c5gold: Gold and when stacked with Civilian Unit it increases Improvement Construction by 33%.

Company
Replaces Factory. Comes much earlier at Economics instead of Industrialization. Plantations may not be pillaged and grant +1 :c5production: Production for every :trade: Trade Route to and from the City.

Steam: TBD

Direct Download: TBD

Drafting Stages:

Spoiler :
Kingdom of Italy

Umberto I

Nova Roma
Receive Culture upon annexing a Puppet that has not been in Resistance for 10 turns. This wait time is halved and bonus doubled in coastal cities.

Cacciatori d'Africa
Replaces the Rifleman. Earns a +5% Combat Bonus for every Promotion it has adopted. Ignores terrain cost when on another Continent.

Re Umberto Class
Replaces the Ironclad. Has a much higher Combat Bonus against Cities than the Ironclad than it replaces. Starts off with Supply I.

Spoiler :
Kingdom of Portugal

Carlos I

The Pink Map
Founded Cities claim additional territory if settled on a Continent other than your own. Naval Units generate :c5greatperson: Great Admirals twice as fast during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages.

River Gunboat
Replaces the Ironclad. Has an additional +1 :c5moves: Movement when commencing its turn next to a River and ignores Enemy Zone of Control. Much less costlier to produce.

Aquarium
Replaces the Garden. Ocean Resources provide +1 :c5production: Production and :c5culture: Culture in addition to the regular :c5greatperson: Great Person bonus that the Building it replaces provides. Much less costlier and does not require a River.

Spoiler :
British South Africa

Cecil Rhodes

The Rhodes Colossus
Border Growth in Conquered Cities connected to the :c5capital: Capital is increased by +25% and may grant a Mining Resource if by Railroad. Upon demanding Tribute from a City-State receive a free Luxury and Unit of their possession.

Maxim Gun
Replaces Gatling Gun. Although cheaper to produce it is slightly weaker but may force Enemy Units to retreat upon entering combat.

Lovat Scout
Replaces Great War Infantry. Appears Invisible in Forest or Hills and ignores Rough Terrain.

Spoiler :
French Republic

Jules Ferry

Spoiler :
Kingdom of Spain

Alfonso XIII

Restoration of the People
Upon adopting a Social Policy recieve Production bonus in all Cities equivalent to 5% of the Culture expended. post-Industrial Buildings in the Capital contain a slot for a Great Work of Art which provides Happiness instead of thier base Tourism yield.

Bandera
Much stronger than the Great War Infantry and start with the unique promotion "Mistica Legionaria" which increases Cultural Great Person generation from kills or when adopting a Promotion.

Metallurgic Plant
Provides +1 Production and +1 Gold from Strategic Resources. Mines provide Production outside of workable range of this City unlike the Factory it replaces.

Post Colonial Civilizations (Tentative):

Spoiler :
Botswana

Seretse Khama

Spoiler :
Maps!

other civs may be pending*
Credits: Docktor Applejuice for the fantastic Icons

Well, you should post this in the main C&C forums.
Idea seems... Like it could use a rework.
The UB is overpowered(as you could gain a free trade route per each coastal city).
But I do like the UU. I like things with free promotions. :D :good job:

Thanks alot, its good to know I got something right considering I have only played for 3 months :), anyway I plan on having a lot of future ideas such as Italian Somaliland and New France, although I do have on question what is C&C?

Creation and customization, I believe. New France sounds nice.

Well re-update I have established my new future Ideas currently:
Italian Somaliland led by Prince Luigi Amadeo
New France led by Jacques Cartier

They are all subject or change currently (due to the fact that I need research on New France)

New France
Leader: Samuel de Champlain
UA: The Hundred Associates:Receive an additional +3 happiness when receiving preferred luxuries and lose -2 culture
UB: Habitation:Built when discovering construction, receive an additional 20% city defense and +1food and production, however it may only be built once an only in the capital
UB: Valley Posts: May only be built adjacent to rivers, receive +2 gold per turn, if there is another luxury resource within the vicinity of the city, receive an additional +1 happiness and +1 gold per resource. Next up Italian Somaliland

Well Italian Somaliland is finished
Spoiler :
Leader: Prince Luigi Amedeo
UA:Villabruzi:Receive an additional +3 food per turn during golden ages
UB:Banca D'Italia: Receive gold based on your wonder production (5 per wonder)
UU:Somali Colonial Troops: 15% defense when stationed in in Forests or Farmlands, can rebuild razed tiles only within the capital
Remember all ideas still need revision.

Remember, you can edit your post,
I will try to post some ideas for those civs.

This was my own idea for an Italian Somaliland:-

---

AOI (Amadeo Savoy-Aosta)
Start Bias: Desert
Capital: :c5capital: Addis Abeba (note the E)
UA: Bande Irregolari
Occupied Cities stay in Resistance 50% longer, but gain a +25% :c5gold: Gold bonus while training Military Units after their Annexation. Land Units gain a +20% :c5strength: Combat Bonus while attacking for each point of :c5moves: Movement they are faster than the target unit.
UU: Meharisti (replaces Landship)
Requires Horses instead of Oil, and has a lower :c5strength: Combat Strength than the Landship it replaces. However, it starts with Charge and a unique promotion, "Penne De Falco", which grants a +5% :c5strength: Combat Bonus for each promotion the unit has earned. Upgrades as normal.
UU: Gruppo Maletti (replaces Infantry)
Weaker and more expensive than the Infantry it replaces (60 :c5strength: vs. 70), but much faster, with both a base movement of 3 and the unique promotion "Operation Compass", which grants it double movement on open terrain. Upgrades to Modern Armour.

---

This is slightly reworked from a design that showed up in Jifford's thread to make the UA not be made redundant by an Autocracy tenet. Hopefully it's at least a little bit interesting. =]

Thanks, wow your design Is very synergetic and unique how were you able to make design work in conjunction with everything, UA and UUs, in fact it almost kinda looks something tpangolin or jfd would do

Basically by squinting at Google Books for Too Bloody Long (tm). For real, though, the history of sub-Saharan Africa is very dear to my heart, and it's a question of making something out of it that fits the setting. The Italians, for instance, are basically the villain civ, being Nazi colonists responsible for the massacre of thousands of civilians during their occupation of British Somaliland. It's unpleasant, but there you are. =]

Wow I will make sure to take all of your information and ideas to mind:)

Here is a summary so far
Cabinda
Spoiler :
Leader:Antonio Bembe
UA:provincial Rebellion:When at war with another major civilization all military units gain an additional 15% defense per city difference (45% max.)
UB:Colonial Port:Only Cabinda may build it, gain an additional +2 gold per oversea trade routes
UU:FLEC Paramilitary:Replaces Great War Infantry, slightly stronger than the unit it replaces, receives an additional 10% exp when fight enemy units adjacent to allied territory.

New France
Spoiler :
Leader:Samuel de Champlain
UA:The Hundred Associates: Receive an additional +3 happiness when acquiring preferred luxury resources,may demand city-states tribute in form of luxury resources.
UB:Habitation:May be built once you have discovered construction, provides an additional 20% city defense and +2 production, may only build 1 per city
UB:Valley Post:May only be built to cities adjacent to hills or rivers, produces +2 gold per turn, if luxury resources are within the city limits, receive an additional +2 gold per resource.
there is also Scapegraces' Italian Somaliland please recomend any changes, provide feedback or criticisms.

Ain't Cabinda that Angolan Enclave surrounded by Congo?

Feels like an odd place to make a civ out of.

At one point was temporarily a republic and Portuguese colony look it up "The Republic Of Cabinda" even though it was considered an unrecognized state, but there were a series of small conflicts between the temporary Republic of Cabinda and Angola but the Portugese viewed as a separate colony I think... If not please correct me.

Update: I will soon be hosting a straw poll sometime today to decide my next few ideas, if you have any recommendations then please say them and I might include them in the poll

Scapegrace, that's a bloddy idea.
(By all means)

http://www.strawpoll.me/4453734
Alright guys I have set up the straw poll. Civs will be created according to poll placement so please feel free to vote anyone of the preferable civs. NOTE: please advise if you already voted eg posting in this thread.

UPDATE: Well out of dissapointment since only one person has decided to vote my next project will be Cape Colony civ with all others in order of my preference.

I knew I had a design for the Republic of Cabinda kicking around somewhere. Have it free of charge:-

---

Republic of Cabinda (Luis de Gonzaga)
Start Bias: Forest
Capital: :c5capital: Cabinda
UA: Alvor Rejection
Bonus, Strategic, and Luxury Resources grant a +5% bonus to :c5gold: Gold, :c5production: Military Unit Production, and :c5culture: Culture respectively to the Cities that work them. Every Ideological Tenet selected grants a percentage boost to :c5culture: Culture in all Cities equal to the Tenet's Level (+1, +2, and +3% respectively).
UU: FLEC (replaces Marine)
Generates :c5culture: Culture per kill and has the unique promotion "Pointe Noire", allowing it to generate both additional :c5culture: Culture per kill and transform captured Civilian Units into a random, non-obsolete unit for which you have the requisite technology. Upgrades to XCOM Squad.
UB: Petrochemical Refinery (replaces Stock Exchange)
+3 and +33% :c5gold: Gold, as well as +1 and +10% :c5production: Production. Additionally, rather than 2 slots for a :c5greatperson: Great Merchant, the Petrochemical Firm instead contains 2 slots for a :c5greatperson: Great Engineer.

---

This is, rather obviously, a Gold/Production/Culture Civ. The reason why the UB is a petrochemical firm is that during the early years of the secession war, oil companies in particular were very much in favour of Cabindan independence. This might be due to the fact that Cabinda has a hell of a lot of oil underneath it, but, y'know, oil companies are also widely renowned for their humanitarian outlook and demands for the right of all mankind to freedom and self-determination. =]

Top Bottom