Palmyra, Collab Mod

I think Regalman mispronounced what he wanted to say. What he meant was we were interested in Palmyra. However we have chosen different civs over it, Regalman just did the map back than because he likes Roman themes. To make it short we have no time for another collab, especially since we got two new ones on our hands with More Civs. You should have waited for ourresponse before suggesting it here.

Reposting what I said in another thread:

I have a certain way I want Palmyra to be. With a plethora of modders in there, it is sometimes hard to maintain quality control as I have no say in what goes in or what is cut out.

Also, it seems a lot of the assets in here have been decided on. I would feel uncomfortable as would COF taking 50% of the credit when about 70% of the work here is done.

Regalman never stated an interest in a collab. Thanks to Regalman anyway for offering his map to us.
However, Kujarim Weaver has now sent a map and some icons that he worked on.

Hi! The columns in the current background looks more Greek to me. Cmiiw but seeing from several pictures I think columns in Greece/Rome and in Palmyra are of different styles - maybe materials as well? I'll try to illustrate my point:

Spoiler :
Spoiler Greek-style column :

Spoiler Palmyrene-syle column :

or.. how about using the Lion of Al-Lat statue as base for the background? Obviously there are modern elements here that should be scrapped off..
Spoiler :

Anyway, it's really touching to learn that the community are planning to create together a tribute to the lost Palmyrene civilization... :') I hope this is the last civilization whose remains intentionally destructed by those barbarians.

Hi! The columns in the current background looks more Greek to me. Cmiiw but seeing from several pictures I think columns in Greece/Rome and in Palmyra are of different styles - maybe materials as well? I'll try to illustrate my point:

Spoiler :
Spoiler Greek-style column :

Spoiler Palmyrene-syle column :

or.. how about using the Lion of Al-Lat statue as base for the background? Obviously there are modern elements here that should be scrapped off..
Spoiler :

Anyway, it's really touching to learn that the community are planning to create together a tribute to the lost Palmyrene civilization... :') I hope this is the last civilization whose remains intentionally destructed by those barbarians.

Thanks for taking the time and effort into researching architecture. I simply read that Palmyrene architecture was Greco-Roman and never really considered looking that closely at pillars.
I'll see if i can turn the Lion into a good background, it may be difficult to make it look "new" as such. I'll give it a go.

We've got artwork sorted now, so that's fine thanks.

Your welcome. I'm really moved by the community's effort - since I can't mod, I'll try to help in the way I can. I have another idea, but obviously more complicated and time consuming. I'd like to present it anyway, maybe could help give some inspiration haha.

Spoiler :
This is the background:
Spoiler :

The ruin in the background could be restored this way:
Spoiler :

Add some camels like this in front of the restored palace but behind Zenobia:
Spoiler :

Hey everyone, things seem to have slowed down a bit here, but the main thing is that we need someone who has the time to do the XML code. Being very, very busy with irl, I can't basically, so we need someone who can!

I've been having issues with personal stuff, so i've not been doing the XML coding, basically everyone else was ideas only or lua, and the artwork is basically done (except for me compiling those backgrounds together and the Unique Improvement).
So if anyone wants to help by coding the xml, make a trello account and pm me the email you used to sign up.
Thank you.

my life is in a right state at the moment so if anyone wants to continue feel free but i'm not.

I'm willing/interested in helping out. What's done and what needs to be done yet?

Also, be well man.

Hey all - I know Firebug is busy with real-life stuff right now, but is anybody interested in teaming up to get Palmyra out there?

It's not 100%, but what about the rightmost building here:

Found from this set?

Could recolor the base to make it fit better as well.

Well, let's hash that out here then. What are our options?

Top Bottom