The Emperor Challenge Lineup - Game #4 SPAIN

I'm looking forward to it. If you post it now, I'll start it later today. :)

Okay, as you will see i made a thread for it and i hope everything works as expected. I just couldn't make the Screenshot directly viewable so i posted a link to the image but that's not so super important i think. And yeah, my settings are very low as i play on a laptop currently. Haha

Have fun and everything else can be talked about in the new thread then.

I urge those who've never stepped up to Emperor to give this OP map and civ a try.

C'mon King and even Prince players.

Spoiler :
I don't expect to bother to finish what is an easily won game (my level is Immortal) as I eliminated the two civs on my continent and have 3 natural wonders settled with One with Nature patheon.

Not sure when I would be able to post the final, but looking at a sure win.

Spoiler :
Settled in place, warrior went northeast. found mt. fuji after the Mongols. Built scout first and he went west, met Hong Kong and found Uluru. Bought settler and sent him to settle next to Mt. Fuji on the coast. This way I could get the horses before Mongolia. My settlement upset Genghis. I promised not to do so again. Settled 3rd city on hill SE of Uluru. Faith monster. First to religion and nearly had it before anyone else had a pantheon. Went with Natural Wonder bonus for pantheon, tithe and cathedrals. Then Pagodas and Religious texts for faster spread. Kept my promise and was friendly with Mongolia, but I was flying through the techs. Had Xbows and Conquistadors. No iron and Mongolia had ivory and dyes....war it is. Completely wiped them out, which only upset Babylon. They were next. Unfortunately, met the other civs before I could finish him off. So I stopped after crippling him. Babylon had some nice wonders, including Petra. Madrid had a bunch of wonders as well. ToA, Hanging Gardens, National College on Turn 84. Colossus in Barcelona. More to come too...
At this point, I am friendly with everyone on the other continent and decide to go for SV or DV. Am now in the Atomic Era around 1800 (cannot remember the turn...140 maybe?) Rome has wiped out Siam (who was annoying with missionaries and refused to stop...so good riddance) Sweden took out Persia. China is holding fast against both. I went Freedom. Rome went Autocracy. Sweden went Order. China joined me in Freedom. rome and I have DoF and enough modifiers to ignore ideology. China wants a DoF but I hesitate to pick up the negative vs Rome. Rome beat down Sweden. I think they only have Persia's old Capital left. I have a nice lead in tech and my army is fine considering I have an ocean between me and the others. Will update the end soon.

t275 SV
Spoiler :

Settled Ularu first then Mt Kailash second. Only 1 war and that was a DOW from Genghis but as soon as I built some comp bows he gave me a nice peace deal. My game suffered from a very slow AI, and myself was pretty slow only getting my Ideology on t192. My problem was :c5culture: not :c5science: probably as result of a very late World's Fair. I'm going to play this map again and if I don't get a pre t250 SV then I'm a noob.

t2675 SV
Spoiler :

Done the same as before but only settled 4 cities. No wars this time. The problem for a 4 city(observatories in all cities) is getting 3 trade routes to Madrid so it grows quickly. You need a 5th city in between where I've settled Madrid and Barcelona on the same coastline.

Attachments

• t275SV.jpg
    t275SV.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 138
  • t267SV.jpg
    t267SV.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom