AI offers deal and then refuses to accept it....

Xink

King
Hi

I have noticed that since the G&K expansion the AI will offer me a deal and then when I have accepted it they will decline the deal saying that it isn't good enough.

At first I thought that it was me pressing the wrong button or something but it has happened now many times and in many games for it to be my mistake.

This is a vanilla G&K game and it is not really possible to include a save game as the issue seems random but it does happen often.

I have not had the AI offer a fresh deal then refuse my acceptance, but sometimes if i had a deal with them previously, they will come back in 30 turns with the same deal on the board, but the dialogue says something like " This arrangement has fallen out of favor. You'll have to offer us better than this."

so if you just don't read the dialogue and click ACCEPT, the AI will refuse...

is this maybe what you're seeing?

Honestly they just need to add (NOTE: This is not a trade request!) at the end of these renewals because it seems people think the AI offers them deals...

mmm I am now doubting what I thought that I saw. The next playing session for me will be soon so I'll do a screen grab before and after just to make sure.

Thanks for the reply though, I'm hoping that you are right :)

Top Bottom