Can't alter buildings with mod

DrunkenOrc

Chieftain
Hi there. I'm new to modding for civ 5. Using the various tutorials I've found, I've successfully added my own buildings to the game, so I think I understand at least the basics of how to get a mod to function.

But strangely, I can't seem to successfully make changes to buildings that are already in the game. Any time I try to alter them, they remain exactly the same.

For example:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 9/13/2014 5:00:51 PM -->
<GameData>
	<Buildings>
		<Update>
			<Set Culture="40"/>
			<Where Type="BUILDING_MONUMENT"/>
		</Update>
	</Buildings>
</GameData>

If I understand, this should change the culture made by a monument to 40, right? It doesn't change the game at all, though. I've also tried changing the production needed to make buildings or the maintenance required to keep a building. None of my changes have done anything.

I'm really at the end of my rope because none of the tutorials i've found seem to show any steps or text that i'm not doing/using. I'm especially confused because I know that I can get a mod to work, because as I said, I've gotten brand-new buildings to work pretty easily.

That example depends on the game. In BNW the Culture generated by a Monument has been moved to Building_YieldChanges (ie, not a column in the Buildings table anymore).

Code:
<[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Building_YieldChanges[/COLOR]>
	<[COLOR="Magenta"]Update[/COLOR]>
		<[COLOR="Pink"]Where[/COLOR] [COLOR="SandyBrown"]BuildingType[/COLOR]="[B]BUILDING_OPERA_HOUSE[/B]" [COLOR="Purple"]YieldType[/COLOR]="[COLOR="Plum"]YIELD_CULTURE[/COLOR]"/>
		<Set [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Yield[/COLOR]="[COLOR="Blue"]2[/COLOR]"/>
	</[COLOR="Magenta"]Update[/COLOR]>
</[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Building_YieldChanges[/COLOR]>

What this does is, when your code loads, it'll get to the Building_YieldChanges table, and, instead of inserting new data (<Row/>), it will Update an existing one. Which? Well, it will look at the code Where the BuildingType and YieldType are respectively BUILDING_OPERA_HOUSE and YIELD_CULTURE, so it will look for a Yield column and replace it with 2.

See LeeS? I learned! :lol:

Top Bottom