Multiplayer Issue?

texasAAD

Chieftain
Hello everybody, I seem to have a problem playing Realism Invictus with a friend.

When we (Myself and another player) are setting up a game in the multiplayer lobby, we both Ready Up, and then whoever is the host clicks Launch.

After that, we are both stuck on the loading screen, and nothing happens. The both of have to restart our computers afterwards. After several attempts, we finally gave up and started playing regular Civ 4 BTS.

So, is this mod able to be played as multiplayer game? Is there any way to fix this?

As always, any response will be greatly appreciated.

Side note: Also, I did modify one of the game files to make Texas playable, as well as replacing the Texan Worker with the American Worker to have their unique improvements.

I also sent that file to my friend so we could have Texas playable in single-player and multi-player, if that means anything.

Does it work fine playing solo? Which map script are you using?

Hi texasAAD,
I use the LAN setting to create multiplayer games over our Local Area Network. So that settings should work for that purpose.
If you are multiplayering over Steam or thru a Direct Connect method, the multiplayer method you use has to match. I believe it is "Internet Connection" for Steam.

Hi texasAAD,
I use the LAN setting to create multiplayer games over our Local Area Network. So that settings should work for that purpose.
If you are multiplayering over Steam or thru a Direct Connect method, the multiplayer method you use has to match. I believe it is "Internet Connection" for Steam.

Thank you, but my friends and I use the gaming platform Evolve to play regular Civ BTS (Which allows us play over LAN, i believe)

It seems that we just can't play this mod through multiplayer like we do with regular Civ.

Any suggestions?

I play multi-player SVN Realism Invictus (RI) with 2 other players. I also use Evolve.

You have to make sure everyone is using the same version of everything. From Vanilla Civ to RI. Even down to small modified files if anyone has changed anything in the mod or vanilla Civ. For example I use my own map scripts and my own changed XML files (Everyone has a copy of these).

We have to play 'Direct IP Connect' games in MP. None of us use Steam versions though as we had issues when we did try that method.

We set up our own 'parties' in Evolve, everyone joins the party and then you have to use the IP's in Evolve to connect to the MP staging room.

I hope this helps as RI really is amazing in MP.

Top Bottom