Deadly Chemicals Nov. 5, 2009

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
I needed to make this simply Unit for EFZI2 Complete and thought I would upload it for any of you who might want such a unit.

It is a Beaker filled with What ever "Deadly Chemicals" you prefer :lol:
It is meant to be an Bombardment Unit, set as an immobile Cruise Missile.
I re-colored Smoking mirror's Chemical Attack Flc for the simple effect that looks good in game.

It works well to have a Chemical Plant auto produce this unit and you can use the Chemicals Resource and Images I have uploaded if wanted.

Included files:
Large and Small Civilopedia images and units_32.pcx.
DeadlyChemicalsDefault.flc (also used for the Fortify flc)
DeadlyChemicalsRun.flc
DeadlyChemicalsAttack.flc
DeadlyChemicalsDeath.flc
Adjusted .ini file
Sounds:
DeadlyChemicalsRun.wav
DeadlyChemicalsAttack.wav
DeadlyChemicalsDeath.wav
Read Me File

You can get the Zip here

Previews are separate due to different Flc speeds...Much Faster in game and the Previews do not show the speeds they were made with:

Default - Run

Attack - Death

All Made from primitives in Poser 6:

Last edited:
Very nice Vuldacon!

p.s. those run and attack previews are trippy :crazyeye:

That`s a cool fun addition ! All Mad Scientist wil be happy now.:lol:
Good Unit , Good Job. :goodjob:

Indeed! Igor! Fetch..... THE FORMULA! Muahahahahahaha! Ahahahahaaha! :mwaha:

...Ahem, I don't what came over me there... Nice unit. :D

:lol: "Igor! Fetch..... THE FORMULA!"
It could be what ever you prefer it to be. I use it as an immobile Bombard Unit that is set as an immobile Cruise Missile. Tactical Missile is also flagged so it can Load into special Transports that only transport Tactical Missiles. Naturally, the AI will not use Land transports but the Human Player can :)
Otherwise, they serve to help the Defense in the Cities (Buildings) where located.
Auto Produced Only from a Chemical Factory and it uses Airlift, which is set up as Sewers between buildings so units can go from one building to another with a Sewer Access.
...Zombie enters building area... Deadly Chemicals are launched at him... Zombie is "Melted" :lol:

A+

Great work!:goodjob::)

Most useful.
:goodjob:

Thanks guys... Glad some of you can use this simply unit.

Great stuff, I could use this.

Would it be much work to change the colour, actually only the death flc, maybe a gradient white-thru-brown.

Goldfool... it would be very simply to recolor the death because that only uses 6 colors :)

One idea for this unit in the "Mad Scientist"/Steampunk vein would be to represent Jaegerdraught... I.e. give it the ability to "mutate" (enslave) victims into Jaegermonsters or something like that...

From what I've seen in the Warhammer Fantasy mod, if you give units with lethal bombardment the enslave ability, they CAN, in fact, enslave. :D

..Now where's Igor at? :mwaha:

Hikaro Takayama... Yes, that does open some other possibilities.
...It is odd how some of the most simple things can offer more than other more difficult to make, complex things for a game. I think of these things as "embellishments" that can add Fun Flavor and variety to a game.

From what I've seen in the Warhammer Fantasy mod, if you give units with lethal bombardment the enslave ability, they CAN, in fact, enslave. :D
True, just remember that any unit with Cruise Missile flag will never enslave while bombarding since cruise missile units dies => loses combat.

Top Bottom