Warmonger penalty changed after reloading the save

HCB

Chieftain
This is what happened:

- captured and puppeted Utique, got major warmonger penalty but no denounciation followed
- a couple of turns later, paid 1k gold to CS
- immediatelly noticed I paid it to the wrong CS so decided to reload the last autosave
- reloaded auto saved game about 3 turns before, right when was about to retake Utique
- captured Utique again but now got extreme warmonger penaly, generating denouciations
- wtf?!?!?! Why different warmonger penalty now?
- Doesn´t matter how much I reload the save it always gives me extreme warmonger penalty and denounciations.

Thank you

Sounds exactly like in the first case the civ in question had another city left and that in the second that was the last city. (change in result of the RNG due to human doing things differently? Even changing order of attacks?)

Spoiler :
Most RNG are algorithms which at the rawest level produce a number between 0 inclusive and 1 exclusive in which you can calculate the next value if given both the algorithm and the previous number it produced.
If used as a coin flip, the result gets multiplied by 2 followed by dropping the fraction.
If used as a pure 6 die roll, the result gets multiplied by 6, the fraction then dropped and 1 added.

Hi Joncnunn, thanks for the comments.

In both cases there was just one more city left, their capital.

I have reloaded a dozen times and all of them gave the same result of extreme warmonger penalties.

My fault for not saving before reloading.

Really weird...

Taking the last city of a civ should result in the most extreme warmonger penalty, so avoiding that the first time through was the anomaly!

Just to be clear, the city I took was not the last one. After capturing it, there was still one more city left.

Top Bottom