Bug reports and technical issues

I don't think so. Collapsing, IMO, means you can't collapse to civil war..
As long as cities that declaring independence doesn't collapse you, I think s'okay.

Maybe exclude this option if it isn't possible to do as the Spanish (although I'm not sure what the Spanish trade market event is supposed to do exactly)? The first option gave me some muskets and cannons on the Indonesian island with Banana, Silk, Gold, Sugar and Copper on it. When mousing over it, however, it didn't say how much it would cost (it took 200 gold from my treasury).
You could perhaps include a settler with the army as it currently has nothing to conquer.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0334.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0334.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Civ4ScreenShot0333.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0333.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 45
Can you explain the Byzantine UU to me, in that case? I thought it prevented cities in your historical area from collapsing. So 'declaring independence' isn't collapsing? That's... weird.
"Collapse" means you lose all of your cities at once (except the capital for the player). Cities declaring independence works outside of that, so the UP doesn't mean you can ignore your stability completely. This is intended to mirror the historical decline of the Byzantine Empire that eventually reduced them to their capital.

Maybe exclude this option if it isn't possible to do as the Spanish (although I'm not sure what the Spanish trade market event is supposed to do exactly)? The first option gave me some muskets and cannons on the Indonesian island with Banana, Silk, Gold, Sugar and Copper on it. When mousing over it, however, it didn't say how much it would cost (it took 200 gold from my treasury).
You could perhaps include a settler with the army as it currently has nothing to conquer.
It's intended to give a settler in case there's no city to take over, that already worked at some point but apparently not anymore. The interface message should be adjusted as well.

There have been reports that Mongolia doesn't have techs in some games, but I haven't been able to reproduce this. Has anybody more information here?

It seems more like the RiseAndFall module fell apart previously due to another reason and this wasn't shown because Python exceptions were disabled.

Bug report: in any 600AD start game, there's no Islam Holy City. Mecca doesn't even have Islam.

Edit: and the Arabian capital is Baghdad, is that intended?

Has Mecca been founded? Capital in Baghdad is intended.

The first option gave me some muskets and cannons on the Indonesian island with Banana, Silk, Gold, Sugar and Copper on it. When mousing over it, however, it didn't say how much it would cost (it took 200 gold from my treasury).

The island is the Phillipines. The area for each country is listed under Trading companies>RFC concepts>Civilopedia

Has Mecca been founded?
Yes it has. It's not capital but has the Palace. But no Islam. Not even at Aztec spawn. The pic is from Khmer spawn.

Spoiler :

No holy city for Islam as said before. In every 600AD start game.

Ah, I know why that is. Pretty obvious actually.

The broken English UHV seems to be affected by conquered cities, since only Oceania (the only continent on which I founded each city) is marked as completed. Each other continent was a combination of conquest/foundation and they're all marked red. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1640 Turn 468.CivBeyondSwordSave
    891.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 51
Already fixed this. And you're right, thanks.

"Collapse" means you lose all of your cities at once (except the capital for the player). Cities declaring independence works outside of that, so the UP doesn't mean you can ignore your stability completely. This is intended to mirror the historical decline of the Byzantine Empire that eventually reduced them to their capital.

Is it possible for the capital to declare independence? Because in my Spanish game, I had them as a vassal (and thus had quite accurate information about them) and they collapsed, despite being in control of their capital. It is, of course, possible, that their capital declared independence and their other cities immediately followed.

But in that case, you might want to give Byzantium a new UP, as the current one is pretty pointless if you can collapse anyway that way.

Is it possible for the capital to declare independence? Because in my Spanish game, I had them as a vassal (and thus had quite accurate information about them) and they collapsed, despite being in control of their capital. It is, of course, possible, that their capital declared independence and their other cities immediately followed.

But in that case, you might want to give Byzantium a new UP, as the current one is pretty pointless if you can collapse anyway that way.
Were they in the Renaissance perhaps? There are other mechanisms that can collapse AI Byzantium to avoid them from blocking Turkey forever, are you sure none of their cities was conquered? Else, a save would be helpful.

This is not exactly a bug, but why does Egypt have caravels when he doesn't have Optics (or even compass) at all? I guess this is for the same reason why I saw independent conquerors in the other game.

Spoiler :

If it's respawned Egypt, they could've inherited them from Arabia or whoever held Egypt previously. Same with the independents: it's likely someone with caravels collapsed.

I see Saladin did have Optics already before Arabia collapsed. It's rather early Optics for them.

When you take control of a reborn civ, the cities all look the razed cities but they still function. You also cannot see the population, growth or production unless you open up the city screen.

I seems like Dutch Trading Company conquerors include a Galleon instead of East Indiaman in my Indonesia game.

Spoiler :
I suppose it doesn't matter though.

It has run away as the Dutch army was defeated.

If it's respawned Egypt, they could've inherited them from Arabia or whoever held Egypt previously. Same with the independents: it's likely someone with caravels collapsed.
Regarding that, you may want to fix it.

I had an American game where Germany (my top ally and trading partner) invaded the Middle East and then Collapsed. Russia was really behind in tech (no Rifling) but then about 20 Panzers and 10 Fighters (and many more Infantry too, of course) flipped to them. I got so pissed that I entered the WB and deleted those units.

Top Bottom