More International Projects!

Xichael

Warlord
I really liked the addition to International Projects to the World Congress but I think we need more. I know chances are you only get two done by the end of the game (at least for me) but we need more variety, not that they all have to take place.

Provide some suggestions for new International Projects here! I'm sure we will see a mod in short time adding more soon, as it's such an interesting concept.

A couple I scribbled down at work last week, likely not balanced but it's a start (also, feel free to have some fun with it, especially late game, I mean we do have GDRs and Xcom Squads!). Also, I know these are mostly institutions but I feel they could be adequately represented by projects. Cheers.

International War Games
(Requires Radar)

1st (Hosted Games)

All military units receive +20% :c5strength: combat strength for 25 turns.

2nd (Contributor)

All military units receive +10 experience

3rd (Participant)

Receive a free Great General.

World Bank
(Requires Economics)

1st (Secretary-General)

Receive the World Bank (+25% :c5gold: Gold, +10 :c5gold: Gold) in your Capital. Receive one additional delegate.

2nd (Permanent Member)

+25% :c5gold: Gold from trade routes.

3rd (Temporary Member)

Receive a one time 40 :c5influence: Influence boost with all Mercantile :c5citystate: City States.

Security Council
(Requires Military Science)

1st (Council Chair)

Receive one additional delegate. Receive a further delegate for military-related resolutions (Standing Army Tax, Embargo).

2nd (Permanent Member)

Receive a Great General.

3rd (Temporary Member)

Receive a one time 40 :c5influence: Influence boost with all Militaristic :c5citystate: City States.

International Office on Tourism
(Requires Flight)

1st (Director)

Receive the International Office on Tourism (+1 :c5culture: Culture, +25% Tourism in this city) in your Capital.

2nd (Member)

+25% Tourism in all cities.

3rd (Observer)

One time +200 Tourism boost.

International Court
(Requires Mass Media)

1st (Chief Justice)

Receive the International Court (+1 :c5culture: Culture, reduces :c5unhappy: Unhappiness in non-occupied cities by 10%) in your Capital. Reduces cost of future social policies by 10%.

2nd (Supporter)

Receive one free social policy.

3rd (Member)

+5 :c5happy: Happiness.

And for fun...

Stargate Program
(Requires Computers)

1st (Stargate Operator)

Receive the Stargate (+1 :c5culture: Culture, 50 :c5science: Science, +50% :c5science: Science output in this city).

2nd (Partner)

Receive a permanent 25% :c5science: Science increase.

3rd (Contributor)

Receive one free technology.

Allow the games to be proposed more than once; But these things can distract AI and drain a lot of hammers out of the game economy.

Need to have balance or it would cripple the AI.

And yes, the AI will switch to international projects even when at war; this is not always good for them.

It also distracts me. I switched to world games project despite being at war against japan cuz I felt like i'm safe enough to do it.

I approve of the World Bank and maybe international office of tourism. Security council and international court sounds like a little too much, while "War games" sound both silly and a twisted nightmarish hell.

I wouldn't like the additional delegate rewards. The player can already get so many as to completely rule over the World Congress quite easily. Otherwise yes, more projects would be fun.

International War Games organized by a UN-like organization is code for, "We are at war with the Aztecs. We have always been at war with the Aztecs."

Stargate, likewise, sounds over the top. International Court is amazing for having a second place prize better than first place (as well as not making sense).

Still, repeatable international projects would be fun if the AI didn't think the Olympics meant more than the atomic war it is currently engaged in for its own survival.

I've been thinking of making a mod adding the Eurovision Song Contest. Not sure about the details, but something like this.

(Requires Mass Media)
1st place (Douze Points): 100% extra Tourism for 20 turns
2nd place (Huite Points): Free Great Musician
3rd place (Trois Points): 100% extra Culture for 20 turns

Eh, most of those international projects seem silly or don't have that much basis in actual events. The closest I can think of to that International Court would be a Human Rights Conference, a stand-in for the Geneva Convention like the International Games is for the Olympics.

The concept of an International War thingy is plausible, but it'd likely be more like a Global Defense Conference, where allied nations work together to develop the weaponry that will defend their lands and bring stability to the world (read: crush all those with weaker militaries). I'm certain SOMETHING like that has happened.

It appears that second place for international office of tourism is far superior to first place. Why is that?

It appears that second place for international office of tourism is far superior to first place. Why is that?

You get the first prize as well as the other two, so in total the winner would get a +50 percent bonus in the capital.

Yeah, 2nd and 3rd place has minimum thresholds but you essentially get rewarded for participating as long as you hit the hammer threshold.

It's a nice system actually. And yes, there can be more than 3 Civs winning as multiple could get 2nd and 3rd place.

You get the first prize as well as the other two, so in total the winner would get a +50 percent bonus in the capital.

REALLY?! I never even noticed that, yet I've placed first in 3 of the 4 international projects I've participated in. Are you sure? Huh.

REALLY?! I never even noticed that, yet I've placed first in 3 of the 4 international projects I've participated in. Are you sure? Huh.

Same thing if you win rank 2; you get Rank 3 bonus as well and multiples can win rank 2/3 as long as they meet the hammer treshold.

Yep, confirmed since Madjiin sis his video playthrough.

Same thing if you win rank 2; you get Rank 3 bonus as well and multiples can win rank 2/3 as long as they meet the hammer treshold.

Huh. Nifty.

Yeah the projects i've listed definitely would need some tweaking for balance. Like I said, I scribbled them down at work when it was somewhat quiet and straight up transcribed them here.

I know that they distract the AI but i'm not saying the frequency should be increased. I would never expect all of these to be implemented in a single game but I think variety is good.

And yes again most of the ones i've listed are institutions, so please feel free to come up with some that fit better! (The Stargate was obviously a joke, but come on, you know they have one! :D )

I wouldn't mind seeing more world events like the games, space station, and fair... especially since I actually ran out of proposals in my last game. I felt a little silly proposing things that I was going to vote against.

Of course if any events repeated on a regular basis, then they would need smaller benefits.

An international military exercise sounds pretty neat, as does an international court and bank.

An international military exercise sounds pretty neat, as does an international court and bank.

All controversial and I don't think there has ever been an international military exercise. Just ones between allied states.

Top Bottom