How to make the most out of a piety start?

Wuddel

Warlord
Any feasible openers with Piety as an early SP tree on Immortal and Deity?

Is it best on religion flavoured civs, or better at normal ones to balance out somehting?

Which Reformation believes to pick. (The Spy one does not seem to work.)

Are you sure the Underground Sect doesn't work? If it uses the normal mechanics you will need two sources of pressure to convert (eg. a spy and a trade route). Just the spy won't do unless the city is unreligious.

I dislike Piety myself, because most of the bonuses are fairly weak for early game. The most powerful thing in there is the reformation belief, no doubt - and supercharged holy sites. I rely more on Tradition and Patronage.

Are you sure the Underground Sect doesn't work? If it uses the normal mechanics you will need two sources of pressure to convert (eg. a spy and a trade route). Just the spy won't do unless the city is unreligious.

Well, it should change the pressure value should it not? Maybe not on CS?

If there's already pressure I think the spy should increase it.

A Piety/Rationalism combination can be very powerful for science victory. I was swimming in :c5faith: in my last game and purchasing an extra 4 or so GS a few turns after the Labs are up and running can make the end of game bulb fest a breeze. 2-3 saved GS plus 4-5 from :c5faith:, plus 2 from Hubble is 8-10 GS to bulb technologies.

A Piety/Rationalism combination can be very powerful for science victory. I was swimming in :c5faith: in my last game and purchasing an extra 4 or so GS a few turns after the Labs are up and running can make the end of game bulb fest a breeze. 2-3 saved GS plus 4-5 from :c5faith:, plus 2 from Hubble is 8-10 GS to bulb technologies.

Do you remember your believes?

Piety is tough. It doesn't give happiness directly, nor culture, which the other three branches do. If you know you either need a religion or can get a great Religion of the ground (say, you can build Stonehenge and grab Sacred Path for your cities surrounded by Jungle for a culture driver), then it's useful.

Like Wuddel, I've chosen the spy Reformation belief, and didn't notice any kind of effect. It may be worth testing.

Piety is tough. It doesn't give happiness directly, nor culture, which the other three branches do. If you know you either need a religion or can get a great Religion of the ground (say, you can build Stonehenge and grab Sacred Path for your cities surrounded by Jungle for a culture driver), then it's useful.

Like Wuddel, I've chosen the spy Reformation belief, and didn't notice any kind of effect. It may be worth testing.

It didn't seem to work for me either.

Top Bottom