Beta Version - November 30th (11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added information to TR target choosing popup: your influence over the civ (by %), whether or not you are already connected to the civ (only shows for morocco), and City-State personality information

Yes, a really great feature. I would like to have it extended to other civs as well - for maximizing tourism influence.

As an aside, I do greatly appreciate all the hard work that's gone into this project. I wouldn't bother posting here in the first place if I didn't love the mod. I just don't really think to actually say so very often. I obviously can't speak definitively for anyone but myself, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the posters here felt the same way.

Agreed. Thank you for the hard work.

I'm not trying to defend his actions, they are rarely worth defending :D.
But you did realize that was a joke from a 10 years old meme, right?
'Yo dawg, I heard you like science, so I put some science in your science so you can research while you research'
It wasn't really very funny, but I wouldn't say it was something worth blowing up over.

Ingratitude is never okay.
G

This is extremely asinine. I just completed a request for you for UI elements, and this is the thanks I get? Consider every future post, request, sentiment and discussion you make from here on out ignored.
In case you didn't notice, I wasn't referring to that request, which would be made without me anyway. Trading mechanic became much more complex and the interface didn't live up to that. Unless there are fans of checking 3+ windows before establishing every single trade route, and there are 10 of them in the Modern era.
But back to that science proc, how does it interact if I don't have the next tech queued after finishing the current one? I recall Great Scientist could be wasted for nothing if used without the tech to research selected.

I think you expect too much out of Strigvir, considering literally all he does in this forum is spread negativity.
What a meanie indeed. I guess should we kill all negative people so everyone would live happily afterwards?

Could we get this universally, to track tourism modifier?
Isn't it different from Moroccan UA? Morocco only needs a contact, while the tourism modifier requires a route from you to them.

You can already see it in the tourism screen, which I think is plenty. I haven't tried Moroccan trade routes to see if its at max clutter, but I guess if there's room then sure, why not?
Except the tourism screen is an absolute garbage. I think the whole idea behind the civ5 interface was to shove as least as possible info into as much as possible space.

Speaking of garbage interfaces, the coup cooldown was really uncalled for, especially with no indication whatsoever when it's ready. I guess I am supposed to remember 5+ different cooldowns each turn. Also there is no indication of a cooldown on a city-state, so there is no way of knowing it before moving a spy there.

Isn't it different from Moroccan UA? Morocco only needs a contact, while the tourism modifier requires a route from you to them.

The bonus tourism on ending a trade route requires one from you to them, but that applies on every trade route anyway. I'm talking about the 25% bonus to tourism, which works on a trade route going either direction.

Hey there! Would just like to ask if the Betas are compatible with the CPP MP Modpack (if say I were to update the Modpack with the Beta files)?

Hey there! Would just like to ask if the Betas are compatible with the CPP MP Modpack (if say I were to update the Modpack with the Beta files)?

I think (but cannot confirm) that you need to rebuild the modpack to add/remove files.

Edit: Also, for the curious, the inclusion of science on oxford is a beta test, and won't be in the release - I'm stress-testing the overflow model to see how it handles overflow from multiple instant yields. It was 100 because I was pushing the early game values to see how it handled them, and now it's 10 to see if it causes any mid-game problems. I would've preferred 100 for testing, but it does break gameplay at that level. The 10 extra science shouldn't break gameplay, but still lets us test the overflow system.

So, while playing (and after you've built oxford), keep an eye out for any science rate oddities related to overflow.

G

I think (but cannot confirm) that you need to rebuild the modpack to add/remove files.

Edit: Also, for the curious, the inclusion of science on oxford is a beta test, and won't be in the release - I'm stress-testing the overflow model to see how it handles overflow from multiple instant yields. It was 100 because I was pushing the early game values to see how it handled them, and now it's 10 to see if it causes any mid-game problems. I would've preferred 100 for testing, but it does break gameplay at that level. The 10 extra science shouldn't break gameplay, but still lets us test the overflow system.

So, while playing (and after you've built oxford), keep an eye out for any science rate oddities related to overflow.

G

Thanks for the reply! I had just rebuilt the modpack using the MMP tool thing, gonna try it out for myself~

Did something odd happen with map scripts or with the Maya start bias? In ten to fifteen games across Terra, Continents Plus, and Communitas I have not started with more than 2 forest tiles within range of my settler. As far as I know, Maya is meant to have a forest / jungle start bias.

Did something odd happen with map scripts or with the Maya start bias? In ten to fifteen games across Terra, Continents Plus, and Communitas I have not started with more than 2 forest tiles within range of my settler. As far as I know, Maya is meant to have a forest / jungle start bias.

I haven't changed it, no.
G

Hey gazebo,

Thanks for all your hard work. I wasn't playing civ 5 these last months but I will probably reinstall it again soon to see what you did with the CPP. This is basically the only reason I still play CIV5 from time to time, this modpack makes the game so much more enjoyable. Don't pay too much attention to negativism, unless it's constructive criticism.

A CPP Fan :)

This is extremely asinine. I just completed a request for you for UI elements, and this is the thanks I get? Consider every future post, request, sentiment and discussion you make from here on out ignored.

G

Can you explain to me? Because I don't even understand the joke, if it is indeed a joke... who is that guy in the photo?

Can you explain to me? Because I don't even understand the joke, if it is indeed a joke... who is that guy in the photo?

You guys are such internet-newbs :D
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/xzibit-yo-dawg

That's pretty much how bias have always worked, one or two tiles within 5 tiles-range

Joke or not, it's an utterly rude and ungrateful way to respond to a post.

You guys are such internet-newbs

I know what it represents – all the more reason why I dislike it.

In any case, let's be done talking about it.

G

I do like how you blamed me for your overreaction from a meme. The OP doesn't say anything about "testing an overflow" so I assumed you really gonna add a proc which contribute to proc'ing itself. Having Lebensraum is already bad enough, but at least the amount of border expansions per city is limited.

Moderator Action: Comments such as these are uncalled for. Gazebo and everyone else connected with the project work extremely hard to produce the CPP. There is a difference between airing views and posting this type of negative comment and it is not acceptable at Civfanatics.

I've started several continents games and have ridiculous amounts of rivers everywhere every time. Was going to ask if something changed with the maps too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom