Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is the entire Civilopedia basically not working in 3.9.1? Not sure what could have happened...

It's just you.

Just wanted to register here - I am testing the latest version, with a bunch of other mods. I'm taking notes, but thus far, 100+ turns, I've had few issues.

France is so strong with the unit capture, I think the % chance could be cut in half (exact % TBD but it's very high atm) but add some XP to make each capture feel a little more special.

France is so strong with the unit capture, I think the % chance could be cut in half (exact % TBD but it's very high atm) but add some XP to make each capture feel a little more special.
The % is based on the Base Unit Strength. So if you have a 8 CS Warrior and 8 CS Enemy Warrior, you'll have a 50% chance of grabbing it while the differences will increase or lower the chance.

The % is based on the Base Unit Strength. So if you have a 8 CS Warrior and 8 CS Enemy Warrior, you'll have a 50% chance of grabbing it while the differences will increase or lower the chance.
50/50 on equal strength is too high I feel like. I'm currently sitting at 55 units on 33 supply and at this point I'm suiciding captured units into their lines as meatshields/diversions.

50/50 on equal strength is too high I feel like. I'm currently sitting at 55 units on 33 supply and at this point I'm suiciding captured units into their lines as meatshields/diversions.
Keep in mind the capture chance hasn't changed since it was on the Huns, its just that france tends to have more melee, and the musketeer gets a bigger bonus due to its large CS at the time.

This chance thing needs to be rid of anyway. What if we only count the adjacent units of the target when dealing the final blow, and capture if there are 3 more "enemies" than "friends" adjacent to the target?

It works similarly to flanking calculations, but only counts the units surrounding the target.
Spoiler Examples :

X = target
Blue = units hostile to target
Red = units allied to target
Green = neutral units
Assume any of the blue melee unit is dealing the final blow on the target.

ScenarioEnemies adjacent to the target (blue)Friends adjacent to the target (red)Capture?
1694578612586.png
30Yes
1694578864116.png
30Yes, it doesn't matter where the adjacent units are
1694578739855.png
31No
1694578833718.png
41Yes

AI doesn't know about unit captures at all, but they pick off lone units and use flanks very well, so I think they can handle this without meaning to.

If this feels too hard for irregular terrain (e.g. lots of mountains or water), an alternative way is to count the number of adjacent tiles the target can end their turn in (embarkation doesn't count), and only capture if more than 50% of these tiles have target's enemies. This means it's easier to corner the enemy and capture it.

Moderator Action: Thread closed due to new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom