TheGangstarTY

Chieftain
PLEASE NOTE: STEAM ACCOUNT REQUIRED

CURRENT TEAM (3):
- TheGangstarTY - Lead Dev/Research
- BurntOutAsh - Programmer (XML)
- dabeastlybeast - Programmer (XML)
- CHAPPERSTENTEN - Icon

So obviously things have changed during the planning things, like adding new ideas and taking away the impossible ones, so the Steam post is a little bit outdated. Upon joining the team, I will allow you to view one of our Documents which will tell you a LOT more details about what we're doing. We have not yet started, however planning shouldn't take long.

Looking to join the team? Here are who we're looking for and the requirements:

- Programmer: Must have some knowledge of XML and the Civilization SDK - ModBuddy
- Designer: Must have knowledge on how to use Civilization SDK - Nexus
- Animation Artist: Let's just clarify, I have no idea about this role myself but if you can change animations of Civs then you're in.
- PROGRAMMERS + DESIGNERS: Must have some knowledge of Star Wars, otherwise you probably wont enjoy this or catch onto the idea.

You match the requirements? Yes? Great! What are you waiting for? Join now!
We need more people on board so we can get through this project faster!

Like the idea but don't meet the requirements? If you would like to support the mod, in the Steam group page here for updates on how the mod is progressing, and future opportunities with the mod.
ALL SUPPORTERS WILL HAVE THEIR SAY IN DIRECTING THE MOD AT DIFFERENT PARTS OF DEVELOPMENT.
We may even need more people in the dev team that you may fit to too.

STEAM POST:
Hello!
So I'm currently looking for people who have the correct skills to take this on. It will take quite some time, I presume, seeing how big this idea is. So I'll start off with the backstory of how I got this, then to what it'll roughly be like:

I thought this would be a great idea since Star Wars is having a new movie coming out by Disney in months to come, along with EAs reboot of the Star Wars Battlefront franchise coming in just over a months time, and the Beta already passing by. This would be a great fit for Civilization fans. Whether they're Star Wars fans too, or not, this would let them fit in without paying a penny.

So this is what it'll be like:
If you look at the Elder Scrolls Vanilla mod for Civilization V by kingchris20 (or the Elder Scrolls BNW + G&K Version), this is roughly what I want this to be like. Except Star Wars version.

So the changes that'll be made?
As for the changes, it would be good to have the Civilizations as Species/Factions.

So, what I mean is there's the Tuscan Raiders, and the Jawas. Then there's the Clones and the Droids. Then there's the Ewoks. Then the Empire, then Rebels etc...
They could also be matched to different conditions around the map. For example; the Ewoks live in Endor which is a world of forests. The Clones were made on Kamino. That's a stormy location with cities above the water. This could be place somewhere along the coast line. The Tuscan Raiders were born in Tatooine which is a hot map of deserts, so they would spawn in a dry, sandy location of deserts etc...

Research?
Me being a Star Wars fan all my life, I could provide with most information, however if it comes to it, I'll be willing to research.

If you're interested in taking this on, comment here. Or if you have any concerns, etc...

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Civilization5StarWarsModding

And to anyone wanting to help this is our group page
Supporters of the mod are also welcome :)
END OF STEAM POST

Hope this is enough information!

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY

PS: We are currently in Development now. We're starting with the largest first. The Civilizations and Leaders. If you want to tag along, message me on Steam.
IF YOU CAN'T FIND ME ON STEAM, GO TO THE GROUP PAGE AND FIND ME IN THE ADMINISTRATOR SECTION!

Top Bottom