The Deity Challenge Line-up - (Future Challenges)

consentient

Domination!
For those that may be interested, a little bit of a teaser on what is coming up, without naming civilisations or map types.

DCL #16 was posted on Friday, and is aimed at encouraging people to try for less turtling victory types, by having China (who are quite a war-mongering civ) to play with.

DCL #17 will follow in the same vein, and will provide a chance for newcomers to Deity to enjoy quite a strong early game, but with still enough challenge for medium players like myself. Pros can compete for early win times.

DCL #18 will offer something to the turtlers by ways of compensation. After two explicitly warmongering maps, there will be a map that evens things up a little bit. There will also be an interesting feature seldom seen in ANY game, and not yet seen before on the DCL.

That takes us through to the end of the month. Having planned a little ahead, I can now concentrate on finding something truly special for a Valentine's Day special.

For valentines day, you could throw in the leaders who were, historically, the most...hm...how to put this delicately...

For valentines day, you could throw in the leaders who were, historically, the most...hm...how to put this delicately...

I vote for a backstabbers/high deceptiveness AI game. Dido or Catherine maybe? Do it quite the opposite of the "dream" Valentine's day.

Hm...maybe. However, the player must be Ghandi either way. And the required suggested victory is domination. This valentines day, enforce the reign of celibacy across the land!

Valentine's should totally be the player against China/England/Carthage/Russia/Celts/Byzantium/Austria on a small pangaea

For valentine day you could look at the poll "hottest female leader" on general :p

I'm sorry, is that a thing? That better not be a thing. I mean, it probably is a thing, but I'm in denial.

Theo wins hottest hands-down. Haven't even looked at the poll. If it disagreed with me, I'd DoW the entire CFC community to protect my favourite heteron.

That's...not a word. Maybe it was some old Byzantium thing, but...it's not a word google gave a definition, which is a very bad sign.

Cathy was rumored to enjoy a good horse ride, so I'd steer clear of her for hygiene reasons, if nothing else. After Theo, I think Isabella, Wu and Dido all have a certain something about them that merits closer investigation.

That's...not a word. Maybe it was some old Byzantium thing, but...it's not a word google gave a definition, which is a very bad sign.

Sorry, I've allowed my interest in philosophy to overlap with my Civ 5 hobby. Just ignore this.

...I'm gonna go hit my head with a desk real quick.
*SMACK*
Okay, that was a very dumb idea...agh, that hurts...

Sorry, I've allowed my interest in philosophy to overlap with my Civ 5 hobby. Just ignore this.

Alright, I will...I forgot what we were talking about. Was it fictionalized versions of historical figures or the challenge? Because I still support Ghandi as supreme ruler of his personal celibate empire.

Alright, I will...I forgot what we were talking about. Was it fictionalized versions of historical figures or the challenge? Because I still support Ghandi as supreme ruler of his personal celibate empire.

So Ghandi as the only dude AI so he can be bribed to drop his celibate nukes of death on all the female leaders that have wronged him. :lol:

So Ghandi as the only dude AI so he can be bribed to drop his celibate nukes of death on all the female leaders that have wronged him. :lol:

I actually wanted to play as Ghandi so I could do it myself, but...sure, why not?

For those that may be interested, a little bit of a teaser on what is coming up, without naming civilisations or map types.

DCL #16 was posted on Friday, and is aimed at encouraging people to try for less turtling victory types, by having China (who are quite a war-mongering civ) to play with.

DCL #17 will follow in the same vein, and will provide a chance for newcomers to Deity to enjoy quite a strong early game, but with still enough challenge for medium players like myself. Pros can compete for early win times.

DCL #18 will offer something to the turtlers by ways of compensation. After two explicitly warmongering maps, there will be a map that evens things up a little bit. There will also be an interesting feature seldom seen in ANY game, and not yet seen before on the DCL.

France of course.

That takes us through to the end of the month. Having planned a little ahead, I can now concentrate on finding something truly special for a Valentine's Day special.

France of course.

I've updated the Finisher's spreadsheet. I've taken away what was before the main page, a big list of players and their finish times, and spread it out amongst the numbered challenges.

I've done away with the notes, since if people really want to learn about the games they can read the write-ups on the threads.

I have, however, added a list of 'Top Finishers' to highlight the sterling work that the regulars have put in.

Also, there has been a real drop-off in contributions since the Indonesia map. I'm wondering if everything is alright with my hosting, or if there are problems that aren't being aired.

As you can see from the 'Downloads and VCs' page on the Finisher's sheet, compared with the peak time under DingleBirdy when there were 20+ submissions for the Inca map, things have really dried up lately.

I'm not moaning for moaning's sake. Just want to know if everything is OK. Perhaps everyone is just a little busy?

Top Bottom