Bug reports and technical issues

Indonesia also start with Machinery and Archery... but without Crossbowmen.
Was that intentional? I doubt it.

Oh, and Indonesia should start with Currency too.

Is this a known bug? Happened when I switched from Russia to Iran on 600 AD start.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 387
Yeah. Saving and immediate loading should get rid of it.

Well, I got a new laptop. Yay...but: I can't seem to get DOC running again :( .
I did install Civ IV, Warlords and Beyond the Sword (all in English) and the game runs just normally, I unzipped the DOC file in the bts-mods folder as I did (succesfully) several times before on my old laptop, but now I can't load the mod, neither from the main game itself nor by rightclicking on the scenario maps. An error pops up every time I try to load the mod.
Could someone please give this highly uncompetent potato a hint what I might be missing here?
Laptop specs: win 7 prof (64bit), 8gb ram, intel i3 core (2x2,4).

P.S.: sry if this is a rather frequently asked question and I just didn't find the posts dealing with this problem.

Did you update BTS to version 3.19? It was my error when i installed the game after formatting.

Did you update BTS to version 3.19? It was my error when i installed the game after formatting.
Ummm...I'm going to do that right now :D
Gosh, I feel stupid about forgetting to update to 3.19...thank you very much!

I have another crash to report, similar to my American problem a few months ago, if you recall.

I was playing a game as the Mughals, and upon ending the turn in the year 1380 the game crashed. Upon investigating, I found that the problem was (apparently) linked with the Koreans, as removing them from the game allowed me to successfully end the turn. I'm not really sure what's causing the problem with Korea, maybe you'll have an idea?

Attachments

• Akbar AD-1380 Turn 404.CivBeyondSwordSave
    692.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Akbar AD-1380 Turn 404 no korea.CivBeyondSwordSave
    690.8 KB · Views: 44
Current version of the SVN, when playing with the Mongols the civic Warrior Code doesn't make the barracks and ger at half of the production speed.

Not sure if this problem is unique to me.

I still can’t trigger Buddhism by being the first civilization that build Hindu Temple.
Is there a requirement that the civilization = India OR Tamil?

Also, in my opinion, if Human built the Oracle right on the same turn the AI does; Human should always be prioritized.
So does on founding religion (Ethiopia), discovering Tech (Babylon, Greece, Korea), getting Tech effect (Liberalism), discovering world is round, etc.

It’s very annoying to lose not because you’re incapable, but because at the same moment another AI coincidentally did the same and the game favor the AI.

It’s very annoying to lose not because you’re incapable, but because at the same moment another AI coincidentally did the same and the game favor the AI.

Actually it's about turn order.

Yeah, turn order (i.e. order of the civs in the starting screen) determines who wins these things. That rule also applies to everything you mentioned.

BtS makes it seem as though human players are always preferred but that's because they're always in first slot in singleplayer games.

that's disadvantageous to civilization that start late.
Can you exclude the Human from the turn order? So the game check first whether the wonder builder is human; if not = granted according to turn order.....?

Not really. In most cases the player array is just iterated in order, any other approach would be really tedious to realize.

So I just tried DawnOfCiv out for the first time and everything goes smooth so far except that suddenly the user interface started to totally screw with me. I think it was related to me building war elephants.
Anyway symptoms are that if I zoom into the city a lot of the UI is simply missing. Luckily I could deal with that by waiting until by building list was finished and when I then went from the pop-pop asking me to what build now, when I went from that to the cizy zoom the UI returned. Hooray!
Anyway, if I select a war elephant of mine which got promoted I do not see promotions to choose from. And when I have this elephant selected and try to go from there to city zoom and then move out of city zoom I got the elephant selected while the city zoom UI is still displayed (though only displayed, I can not actually use it). So that and other minor things like that I believe.

I am running windows 8 and never had a similar experience related to civ4. I tried to close the game and reloads, but no effect.
Help?

edit: Yeah it is definitely those war elephants. Are somehow totally messed up and mess up things on the same plot - be it other units or cities.
I also use the diversity package in case this matters.

I'm aware of this bug, but have no clue why it happens. Saving/reloading usually got rid of it for me.

Top Bottom