Which new civ do you think will make the challenging to play against? (Version 2)

Whci civ is the most game changing?

• Poland

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Assyria

Votes: 40 33.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Portugal

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Zulu

Votes: 47 39.8%
  • Morroco

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
Culturally: Brazil
Militarily: Zulu
Scientifically: Assyria

I still think Portugal has an advantage economic over everyone therefore if it can stay in the game culturally it can use its money and navy to keep back the zulus.

I still think Portugal has an advantage economic over everyone therefore if it can stay in the game culturally it can use its money and navy to keep back the zulus.

That's why I voted Portugal. They could support a massive Army with all of their economic perks and bonuses.

On an old preview I remember the human player was the most advanced technologically and an AI Assyria managed to steal the city of Salvador from Brazil.

On today's preview, the guy said the AI Brazil was successful at tourism and the AI Zulu were kicking asses at war. Poland was getting bullied.

I think it all depends on the AI personalities, a civ not so good for humans may get a very good AI personality. I think Assyria and Zulu, for no special reason, will have such personalities.

I'm guessing the Zulu are going to be a tough, early aggressive civ. I know its not a unique role in the game, but I'm glad they're giving us another. I enjoy having atleast one super aggressive civ on the map. It keeps me from just sitting back and pumping out science, forcing me to have somewhat of a standing army.

The Zulu I think are going to end up like how Rome, France and Germany do in my games and that's either they've conquered their entire continent and are a super power that everyone hates or they tried to conquer their continent, failed miserably and are a weak shell of a state that everyone hates

I feel the Zulu will become less threatening as time goes on. They're purely military based. As you become more dominant in science and culture the Zulu will be nothing a nice tank can't handle. You don't want them as neighbors, though.

I think Portugal.

Shaka will probably just be another Monty - so aggressive that he gets dogpiled by everyone and never makes it to the Renaissance. I hope not, though.

Portugal & Zulu are strong. If Morocco has desert start bias then they might be really tough with that mounted unit and Kasbahs.

Portugal & Zulu are strong. If Morocco has desert start bias then they might be really tough with that mounted unit and Kasbahs.

I can't see Morocco not having a desert start bias, so fighting them once they get any of their desert combat bonuses up will take longer and be more annoying, but they are a defensive civ and all.
Voted for Zulu, not because they change the game the most, but because it will really suck being adjacent or even moderately close to them in the early game.
I'd say Indonesia changes how you play the most, which is always neat even though they seem to be very unfocused.

I think what's interesting about the Civs so far is that, aside from Indonesia, they all look like pretty powerful civs even when the AI is in charge. Still though, I'm surprised that the count for Brazil is so low. 2x Tourism during a golden age, which are likely to be significantly easier to come by now with more great people knocking about, is pretty huge given that it directly relates to a victory condition.

Pcgamer said that Assyria is the new Greece. Take that for what it is worth.

Assyria is terrifying - a mixture of wanton aggression and fast techs. They will be a nightmare if the ai isn't stupid.

I think what's interesting about the Civs so far is that, aside from Indonesia, they all look like pretty powerful civs even when the AI is in charge. Still though, I'm surprised that the count for Brazil is so low. 2x Tourism during a golden age, which are likely to be significantly easier to come by now with more great people knocking about, is pretty huge given that it directly relates to a victory condition.

I think people will fear Brazil more when they actually play the game and realize how competitive culture affects them. I see a lot of people who aren't used to going for the culture victory coming to the forums on day one and complaining about Pedro flipping their cities. :lol:

For game changing I had to say Indonesia as we have not seen a civ with it's own unique resources yet. I must say that Assyria scares the heck out of me as the explaination I have seen about the siege tower is very frightening to someone who tends to play passive. It is a tough call though, Portugal with the Feitoria and Zulu for early war are similar and could be difficult as well.

I went with Assyria. UA doesn't require much strategy from AI. Attack and pick a tech. Easy enough. UU is a catapult replacement. This could be powerful as AI will likely build in abundance. UB useful for research bonus, past AI behavior leaves me skeptical that masterpiece slot will be used.

Zulu - AI is generally better at warmongering against other AI. I can see a close resemblance to Germany. Which I consider a success as far as AI handling.

I see a steep drop off after those two.

Poland I'll place as third due to production bonuses from UB. Its one thing the AI will actually utilize.

Morroco - Roll depenency and AI being "selective" in its use of UI's means it won't be a "Petra everywhere" bonanza. UA is gold and culture, two things the AI isn't the best at using.

Brazil is a culture/toursim player. Given AI's past effectiveness I'm not expecting much.

Indonesia looks to be weak in AI hands. UA is happy, which the AI already has in abundance. UU gives a promotion, which will be wasted by AI as their units don't last long. UB is faith and comes later than others.

Portugal A darkhorse on lower levels. Emperor and above AI doesn't need gold or happy.

Of course it all depends on the flavors. Highly expansive and aggressive AI's will trump the other stuff.

Portugal, Indonesia and Poland strike me as civs that have the potential to falter in the AIs hands

I actually think that the AI can manage being Indonesia: the AI mostly likes to colonize and settle and its not that hard of a UA to use strategically by the computer itself.

Top Bottom