Indonesia Improved & No Bad Mystic Blade

KevinJK

Warlord
Indonesia's bonuses are too based on luck and don't have enough potential reward. This helps to fix that.

• Spice Islanders now gives 2 copies of 4 luxuries instead of 3. The new unique luxury is Turmeric. It also no longer cares where you place cities, which means it also applies to the capital itself. This fixes three things: 1) The AI will no longer have any trouble using the trait. Previously it almost never did except on Archipelago maps. 2) The trait was a bit too weak. Making it available earlier and adding a fourth luxury improves it enough. 3) The trait was unreliable. Indonesia didn't get any benefit on some map types at all, and even on water-heavy maps might not see much for quite a while.

• Candi now replaces Shrine instead of Garden. It never made sense to replace Garden; historically speaking, it should always have been a Shrine or Temple. I chose the earlier of the two so that Indonesia could have an early faith bonus and be competitive for religion. I also halved the bonus faith per religion represented in the city (+1 each instead of +2). This front-loads the faith while limiting potential, which helps to remove the luck reliance while still balancing.

• The optional, but suggested, No Bad Mystic Blade will remove the two negative promotions from the potential list for Kris Swordsman to earn. Some of the other six are better than others, but at least now you won't get anything actively harmful. I'm genuinely surprised no one bothered making this yet.

These are also available on Steam Workshop: Indonesia Improved and No Bad Mystic Blade.

Attachments

• Indonesia Improved (v 1).civ5mod
    89.5 KB · Views: 317
  • No Bad Mystic Blade (v 1).civ5mod
    1 KB · Views: 280
If you'd like, you could probably find someone to make a Tumaric icon for you instead of using the iron icon. I know Barathor's made quite a few resource icons and there's an art workshop thread.

Turmeric does have its own icon, I just apparently didn't set it correctly or something, because Iron shows up when your cities demand that luxury. That's the only case you'll see iron, though. At all other times it uses the correct custom icon.

Indonesia Improved does not like other resource mods. Every time Barathor's more luxuries is updated I have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to this one otherwise no resources show up. When I downloaded a resource expansion pack, the game crashed until I disabled Indonesia Improved.

Top Bottom