Me very dumb. Can somone show me step by step please? how to add a unit.

Davor

Prince
I have read and reread the How to add unit posts and I can't do it. Can some one please help me and go step by step.

I have PtW with the latest patch.

What I wanted was an exploer type unit used by anyone.

I called it Voyager used icon number 4, shiled cost 2 and move 2. and set ai strategy to explore.

I saved it but not shure now what to right down in the PedialIcons.txt files and what not.

can someone show me step by step how to do it.

my save directory is as follows.

D:Inforgrames Interactive\Civilization III\

Thanks for any help.

Davor

ps when I tried reading the PediaIcons.txt I finally figured out I was reading the wrong one. There is one for just Civ3 and anthour one for PtW.

Since the instructions never said this, I don't know what else was left out or I misunderstood.

Yes I have read it, and it makes no sense to me. Like what extactly to I put in the mediaIcons.txt? where do I find the location of the graphics to put in the .txt files? I just used the regular files from the game.

It was so much easier in just plain Civ3 to add units and no problem.

I thought an editor was suppose to do all the work for you, or for people like me who are brain dead when it comes to programing.

As I asked before, any takers for me?

Davor

ps as the above links, i read it but it talks about adding unique units and civs, and it confused me.

the other link is just for Civ3 and PtW.

Davor, try the "Adding Units" link in my sig if the tutorials here don't seem to work for you.

Thanks everyone for your tips. I have tried your links Ultraworld and still have a bit of problems, and thands pdescobar, I am reading it right now and see if it helps me.

I really apprciate for your help guys, will let you know how I do when I have time.

Davor

Adding your "Voyager" can easily be done in two ways:
Easiest first:
On the Civ3 editor you used to set his stats, did you change the civilopedia entry (for a copied unit), or did you leave it blank (for an in-editor add)? Either way, simply entering PRTO_Explorer (or PRTO_Scout) would give you icons and description--a workable unit mod.

Harder way: you have to add an entry in the civilopedia for PRTO_Voyager. Simply copy and paste an existing entry, then edit it's text to suit your description.
Now, if you want a custom pic to display, well that's a little tougher. Being a newbie myself, I don't have the stuff memorized, and since I am at work, I can't describe the steps for that.

If you just wanna see if your Voyager works, try the first method above. This will get ya going. It sounds like you have a handle on the game's editor, so I think you are ahead of me when I first started!

HTH,
kayelbe

Thanks kayelbel, I will try what you said about adding the

simply entering PRTO_Explorer (or PRTO_Scout)

and see if that works. thats all I would need.

thanks

Davor

Hmm... I have a question too about adding units. So I wouldn't open a new thread.

I added some units for a scn (PtW 1.14f ger). All runs fine. But now, I add another unit and there is a mistake but I can't find it.
If I start the Scn, Civ3 is closing with simply "Programm closed" or so.

I looked for many things like spelling again and again in *.ini and pediaicons-file. The unit itself seems to run with other mods, so they isn't corrupt, I think. What else is possible?

Please don't tell me, I have to read the tutorials "how to add...". Remember, I allready added some units same way. And that runs. But thisone didn't. :( Is there still a limit? Anything else?

Yup it worked for me. Thanks alot. I will try adding different graphics at a later date.

Davor

Couldbe if it is possible, to add a unit wrong to the *.bix. In wich way it could be wrong? I'm sure, I made a simple (oder may be stupid) mistake, but I couldn't find it.

Top Bottom