Hahaha, Civilization V is all about military now.

Absolutely. I wanna say it was something as early as turn 3 that we met, didn't have a chance to go to war with anyone, and boom, denounced.

Granted, that was probably while playing Gods and Kings which definitely played by different rules, so I'm not sure that could be duplicated. Might explain why I only had it that early just once.

My first match in G&K made it clear that the AI was more aggressive. Early war with Greece, then Japan and the Byzantine decided that I was wasting good lands with my weak empire. The war with Japan lasted the whole match (was my third Civ match, I was doing a LOT of mistakes), with the Byzantines and Greece declaring war now and then. In BNW I'm rarely attacked in early game. IMO, the only thing that might make the AI denounce and declare war so early is if they covet lands you own, but depends on who is your neighbor and normally they do that when another civ agree to go with them.

So I'm playing France going for a tall Cultural Victory. Pretty much doing better than everyone else in culture. Whole world backstabs me. Insta rage quit.

I just realize now that this game is all about military. The AI will all gang up on you just for doing better than them.

Might as well just pick Germany and call it a day. The game; at least against the AI, is all about military.

You don't spend every last dime on military; you're screwed.

I wish.

The AI just wont attack me. Ever. Drives me mad. I actually want them to attack! I remember the AI attacking me big time in G&K but that seems to have gone with BNW unfortunately.

Top Bottom