Is there any way to turn off UN voting?

shaunism

Chieftain
Is there a way to stop UN voting? I've gotten to the point where most things have passed (other than diplomatic victory). I'd like to stop seeing votes pop up every few turns.

Cheers,
Shaun

Destroy the UN.

Otherwise before the game use custom game and turn off the diplo victory.

But once the game's started, you can't uncheck the box.

If razing the city that the UN is in is too much of a problem, and you don't mind technically cheating, you could probably use WorldBuilder. I assume just removing the UN would allow another civ to rebuild it. However, you could add a barbarian city, move the UN there, and then raze it and that should do the job.

Pretty sure razing the UN would invalidate all the existing resolutions, which may or may not be bad.

I wonder... would it be possible to create a mod that allows the creation of the UN / Apostolic Palace, but suppresses the option of diplo victory?

I wonder... would it be possible to create a mod that allows the creation of the UN / Apostolic Palace, but suppresses the option of diplo victory?
I don't see why not, though you'd probably have to do it in the SDK.

The thing is, Diplomatic Victory is already a game option that you can turn off. I can't remember if that means you can't build the UN or AP, though...

Turning off diplo victory turns off both the AP and the UN. Can't even choose which one to turn off.

Ahhh. Then you would have to mod it. I don't think it would be that hard, though...

Pretty sure razing the UN would invalidate all the existing resolutions, which may or may not be bad.

I haven't actually tested it myself, but according to these guys, razing the UN leaves all resolutions as they are for the rest of the game.

If by suppress you mean remove the victory votes entirely, then yes, it would be incredibly simple. You'd just have to go into Civ4VoteInfo.xml and remove the relevant votes. You could get rid of any vote you don't want that way. Though you should always make such modifications in files copied into custom assets or mods, not on the originals, lest you need to reinstall the game to get the original back.

Top Bottom