Is this an exploit/cheat??

Siv

5 more minutes!
Just curious - What are your opinions

Using a "right of passage" to move your troops to surround another civs cities, then using you workers to irrigate their mines to slow down production to soften them up before you attack. Is this an exploit/cheat?

I am currently in a dem gov and want to avoid the ww.

I think players normally frown upon this trick. It's just so easy to abuse a RoP to surround enemy cities it's tantamount to cheating. Plus it's pointless because where's the challenge for you, then? It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. I would suggest, IMHO, other strategies, there are just so many...
Regarding workers changing improvemnets in AI tiles, I read in some thread that you could no longer do this in v.1.22 C3C and would be considered an Act of War, but I'm not sure on that. It's also an exploit in my opinion and your victory ends up being marred.

Siv said:
Just curious - What are your opinions

Using a "right of passage" to move your troops to surround another civs cities, then using you workers to irrigate their mines to slow down production to soften them up before you attack. Is this an exploit/cheat?

I am currently in a dem gov and want to avoid the ww.

Isn't this rather a question you should ask yourself? To me it's quite obvious it isn't fair play, but in your game, you are free to do whatever you like and no one else will be bothered.

:hammer:
Thanks. Thought so. Just have deal with ww or anarchy for awhile before going communism. Thanks for setting me straight.

Now it might be considered an exploit (or more precisely an abuse), but you know, once in a while... It's fun ! :lol:

I do it when the AI really made me mad.
"Hey you, want a ROP ?"
"Yes sir ! Oh boy, thank you sir ! A ROP ! Thank you !"
"Now just close your eyes..."

Muhahahahaha ! :)

Masquerouge said:
Now it might be considered an exploit (or more precisely an abuse), but you know, once in a while... It's fun ! :lol:

I do it when the AI really made me mad.
"Hey you, want a ROP ?"
"Yes sir ! Oh boy, thank you sir ! A ROP ! Thank you !"
"Now just close your eyes..."

Muhahahahaha ! :)

I like this approach.
If you are playing a game with a human and you both agree it is against the rules, then don't do it. But against the AI, anything is game, in my opinion. If you are beating the AI too easy that way, then stop doing it. If you are having trouble, then go ahead, you won't hurt the AI's feelings.

Obviously a human player would not stand for this strategy, but I don't see why it would be a "cheat". As far as I know this action is allowed in games to submit to the high score HOF.

I have never tried this. What would happen if the AI was in communism and could draft lots of units due to the extra pop. Wouldn't this backfire then?

Doesn't the AI ROP rape too? I don't really see how ANYTHING in a game is really cheating unless it's of course a complete out and out cheat.

Like camping in FPS games. So what? I'm staying in one spot with a rifle, how is that cheating? if you were any good you'd kill me. Spawn camping may be going too far but that's what a sniper rifle is for, sniping.

Seanirl said:
Doesn't the AI ROP rape too? I don't really see how ANYTHING in a game is really cheating unless it's of course a complete out and out cheat.

Like camping in FPS games. So what? I'm staying in one spot with a rifle, how is that cheating? if you were any good you'd kill me. Spawn camping may be going too far but that's what a sniper rifle is for, sniping.

Too easy and I, who hate snipers and campers, think that hand to hand is better then a wuss way to gain a kill. And it is actually frustrating when u can't see whos shooting at u. Its part of the game yes but wheres the challenge.

Top Bottom