The Pangean Wars

Chapter 30, I'm dying o'er here!

The pair of monarchs reached Philadelphia on the replacemant train with relative ease. King William checked himself in for some tests on the 16th of March, 1748. Napoleon bid his friend adieu and travelled back to Paris the next day. He arrived in time to celebrate his grandson Louis' 5th birthday. A dull and uneventful seven months followed until late October, 1748.

William had telephoned him and had asked him to come to Philadelphia. Napoleon arrived on the first of November, and visited William in the intensive care unit. "William, I presume?" smartingly jested Napoleon. " 'Tis I." "And what of it?" "The doctor, Dr. Sphilhelm, says that I have but a week to live." "Does he, now?" "Aye, and In that time, I would like to dictate to you my will."

Napoleon fetched his paper and pad. "OK, shoot." "I, King William VII Jefferson, being of sound mind and quite less than sound body, do hereby decree that this shall be my last will and testament. Alas, I have n children. And therefore, my title of King and Emporer shall be given to my second cousin, the old and wise Theodore Roosevelt. My possesions, personal and otherwise, shall be spread in equal divison amongst my family, only extending out as far as third cousin. I bequeath the entire collection of artwork privatley held by the monarchy, to be given to the Museum of Artwork in Boston. To my friend Napoleon..." He paused and both pair of eyes met for the breifest of moments. "Yes, to you, to my friend and colleauge King Napoleon XI Bonaparte. To him, I do bequeath my cellular phone and 200 talents of gold." "You know I'd be just happy with a cell phone" grumbled Napoleon. "And thus ends my last will and testament."

"Phillip?" called William. A balding advisor with black hair entered the room. "Tell the press I'm dying. High time they know. Get Teddy, he'll like to know he's king. Within an hour, Roosevelt and the media had arrived. Roosevelt entered the room, and found the two monarchs sitting alone. "Teddy, meet Leo, Leo, Teddy"

(More soon to come!)

No, Thank YOU e350tb for that marvellous suggestion! Now, why did you want me to include something about railroads?

P.S. Let me know if you or any others have any more suggestions! :)

I'm a railfan! :)

So, Teddy Roosevelt's going to be top bloke. Interesting!

Chapter 31, Wit to Waste

Teddy was an interesting felow. He was robust, healthy, and 60 years old. He had sixteen children and had been married for only eighteen years. He had a smile that showed both rows of teeth, and at the same time he viewed war a a sport to be conquered, literally. He had been the first member of the royal family to travel in a submarine, fly a plane, bungee jump off of a building, and survive six assassination attempts. And at 5'6", was close to Napoleon in heigth. This was one tough, jovial, rotund, cookie.

"How's the health son?" Teddy asked William. "Not as perfect, by this stage in life, as I had hoped." "Ah, well. Allah (Remember, most Americans are of the Islamic faith in this game, and most French consider themselves Jews.) will see ye to the place divine. Now, Young fellow!" Teddy reached out and shook Napoleons hand. Napoleon later swore he could hear his bones crack under the immense pressure of this shorter giant.The two conversed and struck up a friendship almost immediately. Both Napoleon and Teddy waited out another four days in the center before being called back into William's room.

"Gentlemen, I am dying sooner than expected." William barely managed to eek out this in a whisper. HE had been reduced to a stature of 5'2" and had grown extremely frail ince 4 days ago. "When I die, I want to be buried in the American Royal Cemetery, next to my father." He whispered one last time, "Its your time, not mine gentlemen. With it, do what ye will. As I could not do so for long, the kingship of my realm is in your hands, King Theodore III Roosevelt." And with that, he smiled, turned on his left side, and passed away. William VII Jefferson, 1-28-1706 to 11-5-1748. He was just 42...

Napoleon had seen much death after ruling the French empire for the almost exact legnth of William's life. Yet on this occasion, he couldn't help but breakdown in tears. "Teddy, you know *sniff* you're the fourth King of America I have *sniff* met while beeing emporer. Oy Vey, I'm younger than you by 2 years and you're in better shape, and will probably out live me..."
"Non-sense! By my starry skies! You need more exercise! After the funeral, I'll take you hunting in the mountains!" "No thanks, that brings back bad memories..." "Why, did... Oh, you did shoot William... Hmm... Well no matter, I'll be in touch."

With that, Teddy left te room to alert the press of William's death, leaving Napoleon thinking, "I wonder when my time is..."

(Next post soon!)

That chapter was sad. Poor William! *sob*

(Sorry, I do that when I review.)

Terribly sorry for the prolonged absence, 'twas a family emergency. I shall resume writing within 24 hours, thank you for your patience!

P.S. Yah, that chapter was kinda sad...

Chapter 32, Bad News

Napoleon hadn't seen a doctor in forty-five years, since 1703. After William's death, he decided to check up on his own health. He had an appointment at Le Parie d'Generale Aflicion Clinique for December 10. After the doctors gave Napoleon a full physical, they ran 200+ tests on every thing imaginable. After two weeks, the results were in. Napoleon skimmed over the results with a trembling finger. Every one came out fine except for one. He had the beginings of Parkinsons disease.

The report said, "Unfortunately, the disease will affect you rapidly. For now, your hands will shake very lightly. Within a year, however, you will have little control over your basic motor functions. It is with regret that we inform you of this devastating conflagration of your body." He set the report down slowly, and raised his hands to eye-level. They were shaking ever so slightly, but it was noticable.

He decided not to tell his son or any of his grand children, for he did not want them to worry. Instead, he confided in the old King Theodore. Napoleon asked him what he should do. "Well, I'm going horseback riding next week, perhaps you'd like to join me. Do stuff like that before you...err...can't. Sounds good?" "Alright, I'll see you then." "Bully! I'll see you in Boston on January 2. Ser Goot?" "Ser Goot."

(Next Update Soon.)

Sorry for th delay again. The person who had the medical emergency died on July 26, and I had to help take care of the arrangements. I will post VERY soon! I like your story, Charles Li !!!

Chapter 33, Chickahamunga

Early on the morning of January 2, Napoleon rose and put on an old coat and hat, and set off for the train station. He enjoyed disguising himself and mingling amongst the people. As he stepped onto the platform, he put on a pair of dirty spectacles and set off for his train.He sat in coach and took up a conversation with a group of mine workers. They talked until the workers got off at the Mt. Pelastiue Mine Station. From there on, it was uneventful travel without conversation.

Teddy was there in similar dress to greet him. They walked for aways in silence before bursting out with laughter. They had fooled hundreds of people! They went to the governor's house and changed before setting off into the mountains. On the other side of Mt. Schott, there was a large horse farm where they got Teddy's horses and set off into the forest.

Be fore long, Napoleon and Teddy were deep into the Russian forest. Named so, because there the ruins of the ancient cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg can be seen. As dark fell, they set up camp on the banks of the little Chickhamunga Creek. Their tent was large enough to accommodate sixteen people, but they managed to squeeze in.

The next morning they packed up and set out on horseback through the forest once more. They emerged from the forest back into the farm, where they returned the horses. "You know, I'd like to thank you Teddy. I've never been camping before and that, let me tell you, was fun." "I'm sincerely glad you liked it! Maybe we could do it again sometime?" "Sure! Why not in March, eh? Good?" "Perfect, We'll be in touch!"

Uneventful months went by. They went camping, fishing, hiking, etc... Then, on the morning of September 19, 1749, it awoke as a normal day. But suddenly, a scream emanated from the palace. The Parisians looked up to see Napoleon cry out in horror high on the sixth story bedroom of the Trefonieve Palace...

(Next Update Soon!) :)

I would like to add that the website 'gamertales' is posting my story on their website. It can be found under the Civilization section, at www.gamertales.com Check it and the entire website out! :)

Chapter 34, The Surgery

Napoleon stared at his hands in horror. They were wriggling faster than normal. He just couldn't keep still, so he screamed as loud as he could out of anger and fear. He ordered that a coach take him to Le Bastillieon de Genetices ouf Huemans aund Appes (The Bastion of Genetics of Humans and Apes).

When he arrived he strode up to the head scientist and held up his hands, which were moving out of control. "CURE ME! TEN FOLD SALARY BOOST IF YOU DO!", Napoleon shouted. The scientist hesitated for a momet before rushing to the labs on the 84th floor, where the Parkinson's department was. They began running alll sorts of tests and combing Napoleon's genetic code for any unusual patterns. Three days later, and after round the clock teams had gone over thousands of feet of paper, they found the discrepancy.

Apparently, Napoleon's Paternal Grandmother was half Russian, and that disease was known to be common in Russians over 55. Napoleon must have drawn the short straw on that one, and collected that jucy 2,000 letter long code. The scientists were able to Identify where this small strand was on his code core, a place on the body that has not yet yielded its secrets to modern scientists.

After a 50 hour operation, they managed to remove this part of his core. Unfortunatly, this left him absolutly NO, NONE AT ALL, control over basic functions, so he immediately took a poo all over the table. After this mildly funny-embarassing episode, they replaced this section of his core with a freshly dead cadaver's. Bodies have full access to the core for one hour after death, and lucky enough, a man droped dead right outside the bastion in the middle of the operation.

This final surgery took a 'mere' 29 hours and all was well. The last question to be answered was, would his body accept it or not?

(Next Post Soon!) :)

Chapter 35, Don't cha know?

An exhausted and heavily bearded Napoleon awoke slowly. He was tied down to a bed, lying flat on his his back. He suddenly remembered why he was here, and his eyes flew open. "Nurse?" called a weak Napoleon. Immediatly a red headed Nurse came over. "Yes." "What day and time is it?" "It is 6:30 AM, September 23, 1749." "Thank you child, now get the Doctor." "Yes."

"Wow, what a conversationalist." muttered Napoleon under his breath. The Doctor who had done 26 hours of the 69 hour surgery came over. The others could not, as they were sleeping. "How do ya feel." "What the hell do you THINK I feel like?" "Welp, your cured. We'll have ya oout a haer in eh jiffe, ay?" "You're not from around here, are you?" "Nope, nope, nope, I'd be from thar natharn whastes calleid San Antonio, In America, don't cha know? But me family's from down south in Minneapolis, don't cha know?" "Mmmhmmm, alrighty then..."

As soon as the doctor turned away, Napoleon couldn't resist mimmiking the poor man, which Napoleon did almost scarily well... No matter, for Napoleon was oout, ahem, out, of there in a jiffie. (Dang it all, I'm stuck in Minnesotan Voice, Don't cha know. D'Oh!) He went back to the palace and laid low for a few days. Teddy visited on September 30, and much to Napoleon's suprise, was a mere shade of himself.

"What ails you, Teddy?" "Well, it shurely isn't 'The state of my country', but 'Tis something." "You've been reading my book of favorite quotes, haven't you?" (This is in refrence to the remark Adams made when asked the same question. Favorite Quotes of Napoleon XI is a copyrighted trademark of the Royale Booking Company, London, Copyright 1733, 1741, and 1746.) "Why yes I have, Napoleon. As to my illness, I have a small case of the flu, nothing big." Both leaders talked back and forith for awhile before Teddy returned and Napoleon went back to his tough schedule of eating and sleeping.

(More to come soon!) :)

Chapter 36, "It goes to Franklin!"

Unbeknownst to Napoleon, Teddy was not in the last throes of his cold. Days after his visit, it turned into a paticularily awful case of pnumonia. He went to the largest hospital in the world, on the out skirts of New York in a village called Oxford. As Napoleon's health increased, Theodore's deccreased. When Napoleon learned of his friend's condition, he took a train to the hospital immediately.

On the suprisingly wintry night of November 1, 1749, the train equipped with powerful head-lights chugged into the station in Oxford (Pronounced Ahx-furd by the locals.) Four feet of snow lay untouched on the groud as Napoleon stepped off the big 2-6-2 and onto the platform. He came alone, and dressed as a commoner once again. He walked over to a man renting horses, "I need your fastest horse." "That'll be 3 gold for two days, sir." "Say I give you seventy and I keep him."

At this point, Napoleon pulled off his glasses and hat to reveal himself to the man. The horsemen was shocked and said, " D-d-deal." "Thank you," said Napoleon as he put his glasses and hat back on. As he jumped on the horse, he tossed a bag with gold in it into the snow. The poor man took the bag up and was shocked to count out 150 gold pieces. Napoleon was a generous fellow, but this had been an unusual bit.

He galloped his horse off into the chilly night and through the forested throughfare that led to the hospital. He reached it around midnight, and threw his horses' reigns to the sleeping stable boy and marched in. "Where is King Theodore's Room?" The nurse on duty gave him a look and said, "What the hell would he want with you, you dirty nothing?" Napoleon realised he had not taken off his disguise yet.

"Because, dear madam," he took off his hat and glasses, " I am his counter part, Emporer Napoleon." The night nurse fainted and another came forward, "Sorry about that, my Liege. He is in room 824. Would you like me to show you up there?" "No thank you, I can still walk." Napoleon turned and went up to the elevator and went up to the eighth floor, and found his room to be a large area, with a beautifal view of the Mosque in down town New York.

Theodore was still sleeping, but he awoke shortly. "Hello old friend," said Theodore weakly. Suddenly, his eyes grew bright and he shot straight up and stood stock still for a few moments.He screamed," It goes to Franklin!" and with that he laid down and breathed his last.

(More to come soon!) :)

Franklin. Benjaman Franklin?

Well, its either Benny Franklin, FDR, Franklin Pierce, or Capt. Benjamin Franklin Pierce, MD MASH 4077 :) Which one will it be?

Very nice! democratickid has done a good job with this story, please check out my Man of Steel story!

Top Bottom