FiRe! - Fall into Revolution

[to_xp]Gekko;7412955 said:
in my current game I started next to a goblin fort with NO defenders, not sure if that's supposed to happen.

Its always possible that Clan of Embers cast For the Horde and took the only defender(s).

Does somebody have a good idea how to name the three Fall from Heaven technology eras? Ancient, Classical, Medieval sounds inappropriate.

"Still Cold", "OK, I Guess", "Too Hot" (AC counter 40+)

[to_xp]Gekko;7414780 said:
what about Rebirth, Renaissance and Enlightenment? seems more unique and kinda appropriate ;)

Sounds ok.

"Still Cold", "OK, I Guess", "Too Hot" (AC counter 40+)

:D

Had two ideas myself:

Spring, Summer, Autumn
End of Winter, something, Last Days

not sure if it's a base FFH issue but I'll post it here since FiRe! is what I'm experiencing it with: it seems like Deer resource spawns on tundra tiles that would actually be plains/grasslands if it wasn't for End of Winter ( you can tell that because it's just a couple tundra tiles in a valley made of mostly plains ( end of winter doesn't seem to work correctly, as noted before ) . start as minors is still not working, I'll try changing the cveventmanager back to default and see if that fixes the issue.

Ok Gekko, I'll check out the End of Winter option in more detail. Will have to do this anyway, because I really want to add some of the flavour changes, we talked about earlier.

Concerning your Start as Minors problem, I can't really help you. It's working fine for me under all circumstances I could imagine. I'm really sorry. If the old EventManager doesn't solve the problem, I can't think of anything else, than a complete reinstall of Fall from Heaven 0.34h and FiRe! 0.0.4. I would also like to know, if anybody else is experiencing the same problem? Maybe we can narrow it down this way.

Btw, I've just played a FiRe! game together with a friend in multi player mode. It turned out to work surprisingly good. I really wasn't expecting this with all the civs popping up in the midlle of the game and so on. We've made it to turn 220. As long as you don't try to bribe one of your cities you'll probably not experience any problems. If one of the players does this, you'll get an OOS. Fortunately we could narrow down the OOS to the act of bribing already. Let's hope we find a solution for this soon.

good news, reinstalling FiRe! solved the issue. I think I had screwed up CvEventmanager with wrong indentation, but now everything is back to normal.

start as minors is working correctly. so does End of Winter ( no more "just a couple tundra tiles here and there" ) , no more deer in tiles that shouldn't have it, and defenders are back in their goblin forts. sorry for the inconvenience :\

of course, this didn't solve the base FFH issue of end of winter not working on tiles with features, nor did it turn marsh into anything different ( :p ) . if you can change this, I'm sure lots of people will be grateful and I'll be as well ;)

in case you're interested, I posted a couple ideas about frozen rivers in the "FF wishlist" thread. sorry for double posting ;)

You could make Ice (water variety) form on the land adjacent to any river. Would cause the land to be much more difficult to navigate until things thaw out and open up more passes.

Era Names:
Awakening
Rebuilding
Flourishing

is there a way to set the "remember game options" function back on? I've never had a problem with it honestly and since I play with a lot of custom options it's a pain to have to select them each time I start a game :D

[to_xp]Gekko;7418303 said:
is there a way to set the "remember game options" function back on? I've never had a problem with it honestly and since I play with a lot of custom options it's a pain to have to select them each time I start a game :D

A simple ini change again. Look for ...

Code:
; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 1

... in the Fall into Revolution.ini and set it to 0.

I noticed while playing that sometimes, in the box at the top of the screen where alerts are displayed ( like "someone has cast worldspell, city is about to grow etc." ) a message that says "processing revolution" is shown. what does that mean?

a couple bugs I spotted:

1) this one is probably a base FFH issue: the random event in which an adventurer offers a map for 40 $ came up. I had 80 $ , but the option to accept the deal was greyed out.

2) if you select the "lite city screen" ( i.e. the one that comes up if you click once on the city bar instead than double clicking the city ) causes the button "avoid angry citizens" to show, which looks kinda weird :D

Top Bottom