Still GG points from barbarians

skodkim

Deity
Hi

It seems that the GG point from barbarian combat bug wasn't entirely fixed in the fall patch+hotfix.

Summary of what I know: GG points are earned when your archers (and ranged units) attack barbarian wariors (and other units). No GG points if you attack with warrior, spearman or if barbarians attack you.

Did a very simple test of the above mentioned GG bug using a non-modded game AFTER hot-fix, verifying game cache, deleting cache, etc.

The test: Started a no-modded game, founded a city and placed an archer, a warrior and a barbarian warrior. Attacked barbarian with my warrior->no GG points, then attacked with my archer->received two GG points.

Screenshot included.

\Skodkim

How do you think it should work?

The patch notes said: "Don't give GG points from Barbarian ranged attacks".

\Skodkim

Isn't that for incoming damage from barbarian? In other words, you can't park a guy by a barbarian outpost, getting shot, healing back 10hp per turn (or more with factors), earn xp, AND gg points.

Ok - I might have misunderstood it, but whats the point in having GG poins when you attack barbarians only with ranged units then?

\Skodkim

I don't know. "I" think you should get gg points as long as you get xp. Aside from the above obviously exploitable scenario, I don't know any reasoning behind it. It's interesting you caught this. I don't pay attention to it.

It isn't really exploitable, you still cap out at 30xp from barbs... unless it used to keep giving gg points after that?

I tend to agree that you should just get GG points from battle with barbarians (up until XP cap). The machanics now are inconsistent to say the least - bug or not.

\Skodkim

Top Bottom