"The" Last Two Civs Could Be Almost Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homusubi

Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe
Just wanted to point out to you all that that alphabetical order list isn't as Venice-confirming as you think it is. One of the letters that is still available is the letter T. This means that all civs starting with "the" could be in BNW.

So that means almost all Native American tribes, quite a few of the European semi-barbarian nations, and anything else that doesn't quite fit into a country. Remember that Firaxis did it with "The Iroquois" and "The Ottomans" to name two.

This is already accounted for in the alphabet theory..."the" is not considered part of the civ name. If you look at the G&K achievement list, you'll find "The Huns" listed under "H", not under "T".

Arghhhhhhh

Look I'm as anti Venice as anybody but if you are going to ignore the huge mountain of evidence that Venice is in then fine. There's maybe a 1% chance that it isn't at this point.

Technically it could be anything because of the way some smaller nations and cultures are grouped and merged into a large fictitious nation. Example being the merger of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Normans, Gauls into "The Celts." So for example BNW could bring an amalgamated "Slavic" nation by merging Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldavia. Leader could be something like Vlad the Impaler since he is part of the Slavic culture of the entire region.

Despite all these theories -- I hold true to my belief that one of the last two civilizations will be "The" Inca. Makes a lot of sense, and just as Spain fit nicely with the Gods and Kings motif, so does Inca with Brave New World. Mark my words.

Technically it could be anything because of the way some smaller nations and cultures are grouped and merged into a large fictitious nation. Example being the merger of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Normans, Gauls into "The Celts." So for example BNW could bring an amalgamated "Slavic" nation by merging Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldavia. Leader could be something like Vlad the Impaler since he is part of the Slavic culture of the entire region.

And Venice would of changed as a CS why?

And the colors from the flag would have been used why?

And the Serene comment was made why?

And the Slavic CS's we have seen are left out of that group why?

Unless you have a sound theory to explain those elements then any explanation other than Venice looks weak.

I'd have prefered Yugoslavia or Ukraine or the Visigoths or Florence or well haeps of other choices from Europe but frankly I have come to accept the sad reality that we are 99% likely to get Venice and it's time we sucked it up and learned to live with that fact.

Personally I'm planning on playing them on duel first game out just so I can kill them to get some of my anger out

Deep Blue Ocean ... Serenity ... Deep Blue Ocean ...

This is already accounted for in the alphabet theory..."the" is not considered part of the civ name. If you look at the G&K achievement list, you'll find "The Huns" listed under "H", not under "T".

Exactly.

We've been through this many times before in the appropriate "Brave New World's 9 new civs" thread.

Despite all these theories -- I hold true to my belief that one of the last two civilizations will be "The" Inca. Makes a lot of sense, and just as Spain fit nicely with the Gods and Kings motif, so does Inca with Brave New World. Mark my words.

You know the Inca is already in right. ... I just spent the last 2 hours building Terrace farms and slinging rocks at my enemies. You need to buy DLC to get them unless you got the pack with all the DLC included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom