AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I've just experienced the second volcanic 'dark age' of the game: one in Renaissance, one now in early Industrial. How can I turn them off? Are they also 'strategic events'? Might have to look into the XML...

They're pretty annoying, you can't do anything about them. Seems the only effect is to shrink everyone's cities a bit.

Update: tried turning Strategic Events off the turn before the stupid volcano happened. Well, I got no message but food production decreased over the next few turns. Perhaps it's not a strategic event. After all, strategic events supposedly make the player make significant choices. There's no choice to be made with this event.

Dumb.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13704805 said:
Yes, it can be tweaked in A New Dawn Global Defines, if I'm not mistaken current value is product of two factors in GD and growth percent in gamespeed. On snail I think it could be around 180 turns. I think I could scale it down a bit

What should I be looking for. I searched all through several Global Defines files, didn't see anything which sounded like it was relevant.

Cheers, A.

I'm also experiencing the bug where Great People (in this case Great Generals) settled in a city by the AI disappear after I conquer the city.

See attached saves: the city of Sicca (former Carthaginian, in the north-west corner of my territory), which I conquered on turn 665 (so the turn before the save on T666), has 3 settled GGs (the only reason I've kept the city, in fact).
On Turn 667 (second save) these GGs have disappeared.

3 GP in one single turn seem too many for it to be an Assassination mission.

EDIT:

What if this happens to the AI as well?

Also, could we introduce Platyping's Migrating GP module? This way we can resettle the GP on our own and keep them, since it seems that GP settled "manually" do not suffer from sudden disappearance.

EDIT 2:

On turn 667 the espionage screens shows that Massinissa (the Carthaginian leader) had used about 600 espionage points, for what I don't know.
Checking with WB on turn 666, there are no spies in Sicca, so the GGs couldn't have been Assassinated with spies.

I've just experienced the second volcanic 'dark age' of the game: one in Renaissance, one now in early Industrial. How can I turn them off? Are they also 'strategic events'? Might have to look into the XML...

They're pretty annoying, you can't do anything about them. Seems the only effect is to shrink everyone's cities a bit.

Update: tried turning Strategic Events off the turn before the stupid volcano happened. Well, I got no message but food production decreased over the next few turns. Perhaps it's not a strategic event. After all, strategic events supposedly make the player make significant choices. There's no choice to be made with this event.

Dumb.

What should I be looking for. I searched all through several Global Defines files, didn't see anything which sounded like it was relevant.

Cheers, A.
You might have been simply unlucky. I've not yet experienced that event, it should be rare enough.

As for global defines, look for Contact Decay Sampling Rate and Contact Decay Num of Failed Checks Before Contact Lost.

Be aware that this feature is still in development, sometimes contacts are lost for no apparent reason and it might cause slow downs later in the game. Just in case, switch it off, reload, and you'll be fine.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13710769 said:
You might have been simply unlucky. I've not yet experienced that event, it should be rare enough.

As for global defines, look for Contact Decay Sampling Rate and Contact Decay Num of Failed Checks Before Contact Lost.

Be aware that this feature is still in development, sometimes contacts are lost for no apparent reason and it might cause slow downs later in the game. Just in case, switch it off, reload, and you'll be fine.

Hi, thanks.

If I'm not interested in the losing contact mechanism (which is optional, isn't it?), can I set those two values to zero or one so that if volcanos do happen, they will be very short?

Cheers, A.

Hi, thanks.

If I'm not interested in the losing contact mechanism (which is optional, isn't it?), can I set those two values to zero or one so that if volcanos do happen, they will be very short?

Cheers, A.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Those global defines are for the contact decay feature, which is optional anyway and can be turned off under BUG options. As for volcano/meteor event, they shouldn't always trigger a dark age. That's not optional anyway, I fear. But we'll make it more rare in next revisions.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13711482 said:
Sorry, I misunderstood. Those global defines are for the contact decay feature, which is optional anyway and can be turned off under BUG options. As for volcano/meteor event, they shouldn't always trigger a dark age. That's not optional anyway, I fear. But we'll make it more rare in next revisions.

Oh ok. Is there any way to find out (not necessarily in-game) how much longer the stupid dark age will last? Two dark ages within 200 game-years... (1700's and now late 1800s) I'd just like to know when it'll be normal again, it's been some tens of turns already.

Could it be made optional, like random events?

Cheers, A.

Oh ok. Is there any way to find out (not necessarily in-game) how much longer the stupid dark age will last? Two dark ages within 200 game-years... (1700's and now late 1800s) I'd just like to know when it'll be normal again, it's been some tens of turns already.

Cheers, A.
I don't know, afforess coded it but I'm sure he'll scale it down. I don't think it should be optional anyway, just more balanced.

Cheers, A.

The length is dependent on game speed, on normal speed that is usually 40 turns.

Dark Ages are tied to random events, turn off random events and they will not occur.

I've had dark ages 3 times in my most recent game (playing on snail), and I haven't even hit 500 A.D.. As others stated, they happen way too frequently.

Yes, it seems the volcano event occurs fairly frequently, so that the 15% dark age chance after a volcano is still too often. I think that three changes are in order:

1.) The chance of a dark age after a volcano is reduced to 3% (from 15% previously)
2.) The game will track the total number of previous dark ages, so each dark age cuts the odds of a future one in half. This should make double dark ages rare and three very unlikely.
3.) The maximum length of dark ages on slower speeds needs to be reduced.

Aaargh! Please fix those stupid dark ages, please! (Yet another one, just (approx.) 20 years after the last one (1895 now)! Hopefully the XML edit I did will mean it's not long).

Cheers, A. (appreciate your efforts b.t.w.)

Hi
After updating to rev. 895 I find that when hitting Tech or Ressources tab in Foreign Advisor (F4) everything disappears. (screenshot).

Also when this occurs BTS startscreen text are gone (screenshot). Links are there though. Don't know if this is related.

I have reinstalled BTS 3.19 and latest New Dawn, revision 901. (screenshot)

If you reload game from desktop tabs are back and working fine - except Techs and Ressources.

Thanks to everybody for all your hard work.
Peter

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 69
Did you started the game from the launcher ? In which language do you play (it looks like English) ? In which language your PC is set on ?

I'll try to look at this issue.

EDIT: I cannot reproduce that with French language.

EDIT2: Peter, when you have reinstalled the mod, did you uninstalled the mod first?

Hi
Problem solved. Play from launcher on Danish PC. Until now I've assumed that default was English and haven't touched language settings in launcher. Now I've set language to English and then it works fine. Bonusinfo start menu in BtS is also back.
Thanks for Your swift response
Peter

I've forced the language change from the launcher as it allows more flexibility when it comes to make specific settings for languages. It is a bit more restrictive for those who use only SVN but it opens the game from 5 languages to more than 50 ;) (including Danish).
For convenience, it is set by default on your locale.

this city has a maintaince cost of 155.33 gold. I will build district court that gives +25% gold equaling +25.22 gold.
155.33 - 25.22. that does not equal 25% reduction. Why is it like this?

I noticed this bug that when you do have multiple great people and try to use the discover technology button. The first one will work correctly, but then the second one will have the exact same technology as the first great person and will be wasted. The third (and rest) great person won't even have the discover technology button available. Can someone fix this bug. Thanks.

Could you provide us a savegame where this happens ? It will save us time. Thank you.

Top Bottom