AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

You're welcome!

I think the bolt of lightning is a much more distinctive symbol than the grey coin. It stands out more easily and isn't easily confused with anything else.

I agree the lightning is easier on the eyes.

AND had a 2nd Config file that was Zappara' Enhanced Tech Conquest mod. Is that now no longer used?

Did current changes make it no longer viable?

Thanks

JosEPh

I've removed it because the config in this file were not used as they are defined directly in the python file! "Assets\Python\EnhancedTechConquestUtils\EnhancedTechConquest.py"

AND had a 2nd Config file that was Zappara' Enhanced Tech Conquest mod. Is that now no longer used?

Did current changes make it no longer viable?

Thanks

JosEPh

I think it's been removed recently by Afforess but I think it's not being used since a very long time now.

Finally I met that event, and wow, it is a cool idea! :goodjob: I'd love to see more like that (e.g. Black Tuesday market crash and Black Death epidemic).
However it seems to have a graphical bug:
View attachment 390281

And an other graphical "feature" that exists for unknown times:
What is the symbol of Hellenism? A Silver drachma or the "We have power in the city by Zeus' thunder"
View attachment 390282
I think it would be better to see always the coin.

45* the art file is there (it's the same art as for the volcano random event) but I may have forgot to include the XML to reference in the art interface XML.

45* the art file is there (it's the same art as for the volcano random event) but I may have forgot to include the XML to reference in the art interface XML.
Check trello, I was wrong, it's not volcano art, it's dark ages art that's missing. Also meteor art too.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13703684 said:
Check trello, I was wrong, it's not volcano art, it's dark ages art that's missing. Also meteor art too.

Well there is no art specifically for the dark ages. The pop up just shows the art that was for the event image too.

The art was defined in the art inferfaces XML, so I am betting I simply failed to commit that particular file.

I think the bolt of lightning is a much more distinctive symbol than the grey coin. It stands out more easily and isn't easily confused with anything else.

I agree the lightning is easier on the eyes.

I don't get the point. From what do you want to distinguish it?
Drachma in History Rewritten:
Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
There is no other religious icon that is near similar to it :dunno:
It's only a Lightning bolt in the civilopedia and in city screen above the resources, but both are BIG icons on a clear background, easy to see.
Every where else (where really matters) you see the Drachma: on the scoreboard, on cities in map mode, on F7 religion adviser.
And as it is not an option to switch to use the Lightning instead of the Drachma, it's pointless to keep the Lightning.

But speaking about distinctiveness:
There are two icons that are truly confusing: The Cross (Christianity) and the Ankh (Kemetism). I know everyone is used so much to the Ankh and it represents Kemetism quite well, but I still suggest changing it to the Golden Scarab used in Extreme mod for example.
Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0094.JPG

I don't know if it was discussed before, but in hope of being a help I just checked that signs placed by an event DO NOT DISAPPEAR after reloading the game
You're right, that a nice clue.

You're right about the drachma, I suppose, especially if the lightning bolt is also the power icon.

I don't think that the cross and the ankh are particularly confusing, but then I don't play on the highest resolution possible so that I can read the in-game text without straining my eyes.

You're right about the drachma, I suppose, especially if the lightning bolt is also the power icon.

I don't think that the cross and the ankh are particularly confusing, but then I don't play on the highest resolution possible so that I can read the in-game text without straining my eyes.

I had some cases when I was running Kemetism as state religion, and wanted to spread it everywhere but forgot to send Scribes to christian cities :lol:

The power of Christ denies you! :)

Hi, its me again.

Anytime after i play this mod, game sets in my _Civ4Config "Language = 8" (its russian). But default game dont know this language, and i cant see letters! And before start new game i need go to config and set it "0" to enable english. How can i make two different config files? One - for default game, with "Language = 0". Two - for mod, with "Language = 8".

Unfortunately, you can't. However, with our mod launcher, you can quickly change the language to english. Just set it to english when you want to play the game and russian when playing our mod! It will change the "Language =" value.

Top Bottom