Played two games so far with the beta.

Thank you for testing and providing feedback :)

My friend played Khazad and he also had no complaints except that the civilopedia entries for the vault changes were not updated yet.

Oh, I missed that! I will fix it once I'm done with the new victory sharing feature. I have created a task so I don't forget: https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extramodmod/issue/237/update-civilopedia-for-khazad-vaults

This time we got an OOS error for which I attached the log.

Thank you, there is one random OOS error remaining (which I suspect to be caused by events) but I still don't know what is exactly causing it. Sadly, a single log from one of the players is not enough information for fixing an OOS. A different OOSLog is generated in the computer of each player in the same game, and in order to have enough information to fix the OOS I need at least two of them (and preferably all of them). It is also desirable to attach the SynchLog and BBAILog files of at least two players too. A single save from a few turns before the OOS happened sometimes allows me to reproduce it, so it is also something great to have. Check the OOS errors section at the end of the testing guide for details: https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extramodmod/wiki/Testing

In this particular case, I understand that you continued playing so SynchLog and BBAILog will have been overwritten already, but it is possible that your friend still has a log file called "OOSLog - [NAME] - Turn 73.log". If you could send it too maybe it will be enough information to check what happened.

There was also a bugged event called EventTrigger_Patron_of_Knowledge with some text "A wealthy family from ... discovered a cache of lost... etc.".

I don't understand. The bug was that the text is incorrect? Or did it actually had an alert about the event being buggy?

The Sheaim changes were nice although the portal spawn rates seemed to be a bit high. At least I got a chaos warrior and 2-3 Mobius witches almost immediately in subsequent turns and then a very long time nothing anymore, though I might have reached the spawn maximum.

I had the same experience. The spawn rate increase of 0.5.0 could be tweaked down a bit.

I was a bit surprised to see that the top tier demons like manticore's weren't restricted to 4, but I can certainly live with it.

I did not think about this, and I believe that you are right; their limit should at least be smaller than the one in other summon units. I have asked about this in the Erebus in the Balance subforum.

Overall, a nice game too, despite the OOS and event error.

I'm glad you enjoyed the beta, these testing reports help me a lot in knowing what needs fixing before a full release :)

I don't understand. The bug was that the text is incorrect? Or did it actually had an alert about the event being buggy?
The event itself looked correct, but the upper half of the event box was an alert message from Civ itself in blood red and font-size gargantuan that this event is bugged and I should report it in forum thread xyz. I don't remember the precise text anymore though.

I couldn't find any SynchLog or BBAILog files but I've sent my friend an E-mail about his OOS log. Still waiting for an answer though.

This seems really interesting. Look forward to trying it out!

EitB + updated MNAI and some additional content looks like a winner for my mod of choice.

Just a question - how does it behave in multi, in regards to OOS's? It seems that you have added a fair number of events, and from what I remember reading, events tend to cause OOS in multi quite often.

Is there anything I should be aware before playing EMM in multi? I seem to remember reading about Kurios and Infernals causing OOS often. Has that been fixed.

The event itself looked correct, but the upper half of the event box was an alert message from Civ itself in blood red and font-size gargantuan that this event is bugged and I should report it in forum thread xyz. I don't remember the precise text anymore though.

I see, that message comes from Events Enhanced. If I remember correctly, the error is that the event appears but none of its options are valid. I have created an issue for this bug: https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extramodmod/issue/239/bugged-event

I couldn't find any SynchLog or BBAILog files but I've sent my friend an E-mail about his OOS log. Still waiting for an answer though.

You (and everyone else playing the same game) would need to enable logging in your INI configuration to get those logs. I will ellaborate on how to do tgis at the end of this post.

This seems really interesting. Look forward to trying it out!

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it :)

Just a question - how does it behave in multi, in regards to OOS's? It seems that you have added a fair number of events, and from what I remember reading, events tend to cause OOS in multi quite often.

Is there anything I should be aware before playing EMM in multi? I seem to remember reading about Kurios and Infernals causing OOS often. Has that been fixed.

Many people including myself have been working on fixing many OOS errors in More Naval AI, and ExtraModMod includes all of those fixes. The Kuriotate and Infernal OOS errors were caught some time ago, and recently I fixed another Infernal OOS error that happened with Hyborem's Whisper. To my knowledge there are only two OOS errors remaining in the latest beta of ExtraModMod:

• OOS error when creating a puppet state: This one should be easy to fix, but I always forget to do it. I have created a task in my own repository so I don't forget to create a fix again, but as usual I will contribute it to More Naval AI.
  • Random OOS error in the late game: This is the last remaining OOS error with an unclear cause that I know about. It happens only in certain games, it happens rarely and seems to be related to events but I need more information.

I need as many logs as possible to fix the remaining random OOS error.

The following goes for anyone interested in helping me kill the last OOS error. You only need to grab ExtraModMod's latest version, and everyone playing should enable logging. This is explained in the Testing Guide:

TestingGuide said:
Civilization IV allows to enable the generation of different files that can be very helpful in order to check why a certain bug happened. To enable them, you need to modify your CivilizationIV.ini file (usually found in the "C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword" folder). The following values should be set from 0 to 1:

• GenerateCrashDumps: Generates a dmp file when the game crashes to desktop. Very useful for debugging crash to desktop (CtD) errors.
  • LoggingEnabled: Allows the game to create logs. This is essential for reporting all kind of bugs.
  • SynchLog: Enables synchronization logging. These logs are very helpful for errors in multiplayer games.
  • OverwriteLogs: Logs are overwritten each time the game is restarted. This allows to discard old logs easily, but bear in mind that you should copy any logs related to an issue before you restart the game or they will be lost.
  • RandLog: Enables random event logging. These logs are very helpful for errors in multiplayer games.

When a player enables logging and logs into a multiplayer game, other players will get a message saying "Player X has logging enabled. Verify that this is a trusted player". This message can be safely ignored (as long as you trust other players to not look at the logs :)). Bear in mind that in order to debug OOS issues properly all players should enable logging.

After everyone does that, you only need to play the game normally. Whenever you have an OOS error, you should stop playing for a little while and try to get the following log files from all players and post them here:

• C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\OOSLog - (PLAYERNAME) - Turn N.txt
  • C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\BBAILog - (PLAYERNAME).log
  • C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\SynchLog - (PLAYERNAME).txt

A savegame from a few turns before the OOS happened would also be extremely helpful, even without the logs, as in many cases it will allow me to see the problem by myself just by passing a few turns.

I think we should nerf combat I-V promotions. 20% per level is too high, it makes single unit too important. Once you get a single unit of doom like lv 15 Aeron's chosen assassin with blitz and 4 movement, you win the game.

I think we should nerf combat I-V promotions. 20% per level is too high, it makes single unit too important. Once you get a single unit of doom like lv 15 Aeron's chosen assassin with blitz and 4 movement, you win the game.

To be honest I like the approach ... however I do have a middle ground solution.

Combat 1-6 (10%, 12%, 15%, 18%, 20%, 25%)

and added combat value to Drill 1-4 (2%,4%,6%,8%)

But ... in all honesty I think that the promotions should remain largely untouched ... particularly the primary (core) promotions!

I understand where you are coming from and I agree (to some extent) that once you get a high level unit it feels as though your win is assured, and usually in single player, it is. However, usually getting to a 'win condition' like that comes from more subtle factors like economy and diplomacy. Truly there are easy ways to win and there are harder ways to win ... however the game, especially when played against human opponents, isn't always so simple.

For one, Aeron's chosen is a once in a game event, and only w/ Pheonix of Blood wonder will you have a 2nd chance after death. Therefore, once that unit dies, there goes your 'win condition.'

I've played a very long Sheaim vs Calabim game once ... and eventually both Losha Valas and the Black Dragon (permanently) died. Granted perhaps some of it was due to sloppy play and tactical errors (on both sides) but such things do indeed happen. For instance, my Dragon was far too deep into Calabim territory, but I wanted to try and raze some core cities to tip the scales to my side since he was starting to get Vampire Lords.

I think we should nerf combat I-V promotions. 20% per level is too high, it makes single unit too important.

Having some very strong units is in my opinion part of what makes Fall from Heaven fun. Also, I agree with Tasunke's arguments; modifying a core part of game balance like this one would end up changing the game too much. I also believe he is right about strong units' weakest point: taking them down can cost you a game, while losing cheap units if you manage to have very big number of them has far less risks while also being a very strong military strategy.

and added combat value to Drill 1-4 (2%,4%,6%,8%)

I also believe that the Drill promotions are missing something, as in my experience they don't get a lot of use. I may be biased, though.

I've got the missing OOS log and attached it to the post.

I'm also against changing the combat promotions.

Not sure about the drill promotions. The main reason I don't use them very often is because I'm not 100% sure how they work.
However, I noticed that units with a lot of first strikes can almost get invulnerable against weaker units, so I don't think it's that bad.
Therefore I usually try to get combat maxed first and then drill after that.

Attachments

• OOSLog - Sharuman - Turn 73.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 49
I've got the missing OOS log and attached it to the post.

Thank you for posting the log :)

I've never seen an OOS log like this one. The only difference between them is that Kandros Fir decided to move one of their Soldier of Kilmorph in different directions. It is unlikely that this error was caused by events or any other entity messing with RNG, as those kind of errors cause a huge number of differences between the OOS logs. Therefore I conclude that we have an additional, unknown OOS error besides the one I'm currently tracking. Judging from th eminor difference it seems like an AI error of some kind, but without BBAILogs there is no way to know for sure.

I'll try to hack a version that can run multiplayer automatically and stop when an OOS error is found so I can find the missing ones. As I mentioned in my previous post, getting more information of OOS errors in actual games would be extremely useful.

Tried the latest beta version and I'd like to offer some of my thoughts.

1) Some of the new health resources seem rather tacked on, and don't contribute much.
- Bisons are already represented by cows.
- Penguins? Providing commerce? Really? I adore penguins personally, but this is really weird.
- Mushrooms being mined doesn't make sense. Plantations would be better. Also, they shouldn't appear both on map at start and by event.

Overall it disrupts the balance, offering too many health resources and making it much easier to keep your cities healthy, making those health buildings unneeded.

I think it would be better if there were more fantasy resources, offering slightly different gameplay. Like Unicorns giving +1 strength to mounted units and so on, functioning like early nightmares, but being extremely rare, which bring me to another issue....

2) Events - I have really bad vibes from Unicorn events. In practically all fantasy settings, unicorns are extremely good and pure creatures. It felt really weird to have my elves wanting to kill it for food of for its horn and not a single option to keep it alive.

Some of the EMM events also don't offer explanation why a certain option is unavailable to you.

3) The options I choose when I want to start a custom game aren't being saved, so I have to select Living World, All Unique Features and so on... every time I want to start a new game.

4) There is something weird with Sheiam, and I'm guessing it's tied to playing with AI No Building Requirements option ON. Sheiam is building Minotaurs, Mobius Witches and Manticores from the beginning. It might be because they are now buildable but have no tech requirement, so with No Building requirement, AI can build them from T0.

5) Barbarians are acting weird - walking around my territory with no clear goal, only occasionally pillaging and attacking cities. Goblins often leaves their forts empty, while animals are now supersmart and it seems they often won't attack unless they have good odds which is rather weird.

I think it would be better if there were more fantasy resources, offering slightly different gameplay. Like Unicorns giving +1 strength to mounted units and so on, functioning like early nightmares, but being extremely rare, which bring me to another issue....

2) Events - I have really bad vibes from Unicorn events. In practically all fantasy settings, unicorns are extremely good and pure creatures. It felt really weird to have my elves wanting to kill it for food of for its horn and not a single option to keep it alive.

Some of the EMM events also don't offer explanation why a certain option is unavailable to you.

You must be new here. This is Fall From Heaven. "Good and Pure" do not last long. Ask Ethne.

Also, unicorns are delicious.

Some of the new health resources seem rather tacked on, and don't contribute much.

The idea of the new resources in ExtraModMod is not to offer new options, but to give more diversity in one way or another. I'll ellaborate later in this post.

- Bisons are already represented by cows.

Bisons appear in tundras, while the rest of Animal Husbandry resources do not. In fact, tundras are mostly without health resources besides this one. Bisons were added to partially offset the disadvantage of starting in a cold area of the map. I'm open to a better option for a resource that fits this role, but I chose bisons because the Doviello seem to be able to find them in the tundra to train their Bison Riders.

- Penguins? Providing commerce? Really? I adore penguins personally, but this is really weird.

Penguins as a resource are based in the original Fall from Heaven event. In FFH2, the event creates an special improvement that provides happiness, and uses the following text:

Fall from Heaven 2 said:
Penguins have settled on a cold coastal part of your empire. Their antics entertain your people.

From these things, it makes sense to me to consider that the people of Erebus would use them as circus animals or pets. That's why they grant commerce, and why they grant additional happiness with Carnivals.

- Mushrooms being mined doesn't make sense. Plantations would be better. Also, they shouldn't appear both on map at start and by event.

Underground mushrooms are a common fantasy trope, and that's what I'm trying to represent with requiring mining to extract them. Why shouldn't they appear both on map start and by event? Mushrooms are far more rare than other resources by design, to take into account this. The same applies to Penguins (which are even more rare).

You didn't specifically mention other resources, but I'll explain my reasoning behind them in order to answer your conclusions.

ExtraModMod said:
Amber is a happiness resource that requires a mine.

Amber exists because I knew that I needed to offset the creation of health resources that appear in certain parts of the map by also providing some happiness resources.

ExtraModMod said:
Salt is a health resource that requires a quarry.

The same reasoning I used for Bisons applies to Salt. Salt only appears in deserts, which are usually devoid of all other health resources.

ExtraModMod said:
Shrimps are a new maritime health resource.

Shrimps appear at low latitudes, while Crab appears at higher latitudes.

ExtraModMod said:
Stone is extracted from quarries, and it increases the building speed of certain buildings.

Stone is meant to be a minor strategical resource. Many useful buildings and civilization specific buildings that are desirable to have in most if not all cities can be produced faster if Stone is available.

Overall it disrupts the balance, offering too many health resources and making it much easier to keep your cities healthy, making those health buildings unneeded.

All of these resources (except Amber, Mushrooms and Stone) share something in common; they are specific to certain parts of the map. It is unlikely that you will get them all at once, and in most cases you will only have one of them. This means two things: their impact is not as huge as you may believe on first look, and they encourage trade between different civilizations. This was one of my goals with the new resources, as without them you either have certain resources (if you happen to be in a temperate part of the world) or you don't.

Having said that, I would also like to add that having more health resources does not make health buildings unneeded; they allow to get bigger cities along with health buildings. I believe that on average you should have only one more health by city than in normal FFH2, which is not very game breaking.

Also, bear in mind that although some health resources have been added, the only new happiness resources are Amber and Penguins, with the latter being extremely rare. Therefore, in most cases you will just have slightly bigger cities that are less happy. This improves slightly the benefits of using slavery and other population sacrifice mechanics, and in my opinion fits with the FFH2 setting :)

That's more complicated from a lore point of view, as adding some kind of useful, fantasy resource that plays a significant role in the game without it appearing at all in FFH2 lore would be in my opinion changing the lore of the game. Something like what you suggest would not lead to slightly different gameplay as it would change balance too much, even if the resource is rare, as having the bonus implies a big advantage. It would also deprive the player of the usual plethora of options that FFH likes to present, as the optimal choice if you have unicorns would nearly always be to use mounted units.

I agree with what A Moon said; Fall from Heaven 2 is dark fantasy, and eating an unicorn is far less weird than some of the stuff you can read on the lore. For example, Os-Gabella story has some very disturbing moments that still manage to horrify me even when reading them for a fourth or fifth time. Having said that, I agree that the event should have a "good" option. Any ideas?

I have also never understood what option 4 is meant to do.

Which ones?

3) The options I choose when I want to start a custom game aren't being saved, so I have to select Living World, All Unique Features and so on... every time I want to start a new game.

I've always assumed that this was broken in FFH for some reason, but I have never really looked into it. Does it work in vanilla FFH2 or MNAI?

4) There is something weird with Sheiam, and I'm guessing it's tied to playing with AI No Building Requirements option ON. Sheiam is building Minotaurs, Mobius Witches and Manticores from the beginning. It might be because they are now buildable but have no tech requirement, so with No Building requirement, AI can build them from T0.

I even forgot that option existed. I have created a task to give these units a technology prerrequisite for beta2: https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extramodmod/issue/240/technology-prerrequisites-for-planar-gate

5) Barbarians are acting weird - walking around my territory with no clear goal, only occasionally pillaging and attacking cities. Goblins often leaves their forts empty, while animals are now supersmart and it seems they often won't attack unless they have good odds which is rather weird.

What this post says applies to 0.5.0-beta1 too: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13607344#post13607344

Please consider providing feedback using that form; we have learned that getting impressions for this particular topic without the whole context of the game leads to making wrong assumptions.

I don't believe that animals should attack mindlessly; a tiger should be smart enough to avoid an army.

Also, unicorns are delicious.

I agree; I always think of this when I get the unicorn event.

Bisons appear in tundras, while the rest of Animal Husbandry resources do not. In fact, tundras are mostly without health resources besides this one. Bisons were added to partially offset the disadvantage of starting in a cold area of the map. I'm open to a better option for a resource that fits this role, but I chose bisons because the Doviello seem to be able to find them in the tundra to train their Bison Riders.

Fair enough.

Penguins as a resource are based in the original Fall from Heaven event. In FFH2, the event creates an special improvement that provides happiness, and uses the following text:

Yes, I know, but they were relatively rare and the effect was insignificant. In EMM, commerce they provide is comparable to furs, and furs were essential for human clothing and were the driving force behind exploration and initial settling of many cold regions in the world (in reality). I know this is a fantasy world, but common sense is common sense.

Underground mushrooms are a common fantasy trope, and that's what I'm trying to represent with requiring mining to extract them. Why shouldn't they appear both on map start and by event? Mushrooms are far more rare than other resources by design, to take into account this. The same applies to Penguins (which are even more rare).

Fair enough.
That's more complicated from a lore point of view, as adding some kind of useful, fantasy resource that plays a significant role in the game without it appearing at all in FFH2 lore would be in my opinion changing the lore of the game. Something like what you suggest would not lead to slightly different gameplay as it would change balance too much, even if the resource is rare, as having the bonus implies a big advantage. It would also deprive the player of the usual plethora of options that FFH likes to present, as the optimal choice if you have unicorns would nearly always be to use mounted units.

Fair enough.

I agree with what A Moon said; Fall from Heaven 2 is dark fantasy, and eating an unicorn is far less weird than some of the stuff you can read on the lore. For example, Os-Gabella story has some very disturbing moments that still manage to horrify me even when reading them for a fourth or fifth time. Having said that, I agree that the event should have a "good" option. Any ideas?

A dark fantasy still doesn't justify "good" and "neutral" civs butchering unicorns happily, especially Ljosalfar.

Hmm, the usual would be a Happy Face for X turns, but there's already plenty of that already.

Maybe "Unicorn droppings are perfect as manure!" +1 food in a random tile in BFC.

Which ones?

There's been a few, but I can't remember from the top of my head now. I'll write it down next time I play and inform you.

I've always assumed that this was broken in FFH for some reason, but I have never really looked into it. Does it work in vanilla FFH2 or MNAI?

Worked in EitB.

What this post says applies to 0.5.0-beta1 too: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13607344#post13607344

Please consider providing feedback using that form; we have learned that getting impressions for this particular topic without the whole context of the game leads to making wrong assumptions.

Sorry, just found the mod, didn't know about that.

Anyway

Difficulty: Monarch
Civilization: Ljosalfar, Luchuirp,
Number of players: 7 AI
MapScript: MountainCoast
Map size: Large
Raging barbarians: (Y/N) N
Wildlands: (Y/N) N
Spawning rate: (Perfect, too frequent, too low and so on): Perfect
Barbarian unit strength: (Challenging but good, weak, too stong...) Good Balance
Other comments: Weird behaviour. Sometimes barbs pillage and attack cities, sometimes they just walk around. Maybe it's WAD and I'm just used to have them suicide on cities most of the time. Goblins often leave their lairs unguarded, though.

I don't believe that animals should attack mindlessly; a tiger should be smart enough to avoid an army.

Well, if we assume that a unit in Civ isn't just an individual, but a company, division, army, etc... we can safely assume that any wild animal would steer clear of that.

I think attack on sight is much better than animals taking into account whether warriors have bronze weapons or not and how experienced they are.

Having said that, I agree that the event should have a "good" option.

No, it should not. The lore is very clear about this :D http://fallfromheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Rule

Besides, there's already a good option: "Kill it, its horn can purify water" - Good in FFH is "sacrifice of one for the good of many"

the unicorn has to die, that's the whole point of the event. if you remove that you might as well remove the event itself :p

I have also never understood what option 4 is meant to do.

Troll the player :lol:

It might be because they are now buildable but have no tech requirement, so with No Building requirement, AI can build them from T0.

Uhh, you're absolutely right here. Some of them, IIRC, were altered to require a tech (because otherwise they'd spawn at game start as defensive units (or maybe it was to require the civilization...), but definitely not all.

I agree about the settings not being saved - the same occurs in MNAI, but not EitB - which I always assumed was a BUG error.

[to_xp]Gekko;13717270 said:
No, it should not. The lore is very clear about this :D http://fallfromheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Rule

Besides, there's already a good option: "Kill it, its horn can purify water" - Good in FFH is "sacrifice of one for the good of many"

the unicorn has to die, that's the whole point of the event. if you remove that you might as well remove the event itself :p

I did not know that story! It is awesome :D

I agree on both points. After reading the story, it is crystal clear to me that the unicorn has to die. I also believe that the good option is that one, for the same reason you mentioned.

Yes, I know, but they were relatively rare and the effect was insignificant. In EMM, commerce they provide is comparable to furs, and furs were essential for human clothing and were the driving force behind exploration and initial settling of many cold regions in the world (in reality). I know this is a fantasy world, but common sense is common sense.

I thought that your problem was that Penguins were a commerce resource, not that the amount they gave is too big. Given that they are very rare IMO it makes sense for them to be profitable (specially now that I know that they are one of the few cuddly things in Erebus :D), but I don't mind tweaking the value.

A dark fantasy still doesn't justify "good" and "neutral" civs butchering unicorns happily, especially Ljosalfar.

After reading Gekko's link I think that the event is fine as is.

There's been a few, but I can't remember from the top of my head now. I'll write it down next time I play and inform you.

Great, thank you!

Worked in EitB.

I agree about the settings not being saved - the same occurs in MNAI, but not EitB - which I always assumed was a BUG error.

I see... it sounds likely that it is a problem with BUG then. I made an issue to look over this: https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extramodmod/issue/241/game-options-not-being-saved

Sorry, just found the mod, didn't know about that.

Don't worry, I should have mentioned this in the release post.

Difficulty: Monarch
Civilization: Ljosalfar, Luchuirp,
Number of players: 7 AI
MapScript: MountainCoast
Map size: Large
Raging barbarians: (Y/N) N
Wildlands: (Y/N) N
Spawning rate: (Perfect, too frequent, too low and so on): Perfect
Barbarian unit strength: (Challenging but good, weak, too stong...) Good Balance
Other comments: Weird behaviour. Sometimes barbs pillage and attack cities, sometimes they just walk around. Maybe it's WAD and I'm just used to have them suicide on cities most of the time. Goblins often leave their lairs unguarded, though.

Thank you for the report! I'm glad that at least the spawning and strength are working better now :)

I had the goblins leaving their forts behavior too. One goblin even started the game besides the fort. Not sure if that behavior is intended though.

I also agree that the unicorn should have a good option at least for good races or at least for Ljosalfar.
It would be cool if there'd be an option to get a unicorn as unit just like the goblin event gives you a goblin.
A corruption option for dark elves /Svartalvar to get a nightmares plot would also be cool.
Still, I don't consider the event particularly important though...

EMM includes a tweaked version of the More Events and More Events Expanded modmods. Some of the new events are bugged or have other problems, like the on you mentioned. I started to go through them and test and tweak them one by one some time ago, but haven't got very far up to now honestly.
I'd appreciate any input (also regarding balance) and will focus on those events who are particularly annoying to the player in some way.
I also added the brutal red message. It's enough to report the event ID (like EVENTTRIGGER_XYZ).

5) Barbarians are acting weird - walking around my territory with no clear goal, only occasionally pillaging and attacking cities.
Yes, the thing is they can't get much nearer to you than the point they spawned. I will change this in the future (see here).

while animals are now supersmart and it seems they often won't attack unless they have good odds which is rather weird.
Animals did attack completely at random in vanilla FfH and BtS. I changed their movement not to leave their natural habitat, maybe I broke something with the attacking odds.

One goblin even started the game besides the fort. Not sure if that behavior is intended though.
What? You mean, at turn 1, standing besides the fort? Do you have a save?

What? You mean, at turn 1, standing besides the fort? Do you have a save?
I've reloaded the initial save again and noticed that they just moved before me. So they do start in their forts, but they seem to leave their forts immediately for some reason.
The lizards are not doing that, the goblins seem to be the only ones.

[to_xp]Gekko;13717270 said:

I did not know that story! It is awesome :D

I agree on both points. After reading the story, it is crystal clear to me that the unicorn has to die. I also believe that the good option is that one, for the same reason you mentioned.

I believe the point of that story is to show how crazy Balseraph are, as it mentions others who are completely shocked by what's happening.

If you don't want to change the event, limiting it to just Balseraph might be a good solution.

Regarding penguins, I was just comparing how insignificant and rare they were in original FFH. In EMM they seem to appear much more often and are much more valuable. If it's according to FFH lore, okay.

Top Bottom