[Map script]Creation.py for FFH2

Where would the PythonDbg.log save at? Just did a search of my entire Civ 4 directory and nothing showed up. Pretty sure that was the last python exception I had, so it may still be on the computer somewhere.

Actually it won't save it unless you have logs turned on in your ini file, so you might not have it. It shows up in your MyDocuments/games/bts/logs folder and depending on another option in the ini file, it usually will overwrite the logs each time you start up Civ.

Hi,

This makes nice looking maps. However, starting locations are quite unbalanced.
I made two tries as Doviello. My first try had me start in tundra hills. Some forest, deers, furs nearby. Unusable to build a city. I would have had to move quite a bit to reach the river where there was a few prairies. I know the settler's got a lot of movement points, but it was still like crap-land.
A second start gave me more prairies to start with, so it was/is much more enjoyable (not waiting forever to get a settler because you can reach size 2 before building it).
I am not far into the game, didn't open the World Builder or look at the py code, but it looks like I'm going to be blocked early by neighbours. For a peaceful nation like the Doviello, it's really a pity :D

Hi,

This makes nice looking maps. However, starting locations are quite unbalanced.
I made two tries as Doviello. My first try had me start in tundra hills. Some forest, deers, furs nearby. Unusable to build a city. I would have had to move quite a bit to reach the river where there was a few prairies. I know the settler's got a lot of movement points, but it was still like crap-land.
A second start gave me more prairies to start with, so it was/is much more enjoyable (not waiting forever to get a settler because you can reach size 2 before building it).
I am not far into the game, didn't open the World Builder or look at the py code, but it looks like I'm going to be blocked early by neighbours. For a peaceful nation like the Doviello, it's really a pity :D

Ah, but that's the problem with Doviello. I worked very hard to make them start in the tundra. :lol: That's the FFH universe's fault! It will be better when they actually benefit from their natural habitat. You're objective as Doviello is come screaming out of the hills early to cause trouble. :lol: Fiction over function!

The civ preferences are actually tunable in the script if you want.

I think Barbarian World either doesn't work or spawns a bunch of cities in one region.

After I download this, where do I unzip to? It won't let me unzip into public maps.

After I download this, where do I unzip to? It won't let me unzip into public maps.

public maps should be fine. What won't let you unzip it there?

I am unzipping to
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps
and the problem is:
C:/users/owner/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/temorary internet files//low/content.IE5/JQF39BOP/Creation1.zip: Cannot create creation.py
Access is denied

Darn, I did not save one of my two most recent games generated with the new script. I started as Doviello in one and had, literally, a starting area consisting solely of peaks and hills with some furs and deer. I actually made a good play out of that one, wiped out the Luchuirp, and then found that I was completely boxed in.

My second game was as the Ljosalfar. I had an entire snaky continent to myself with only scattered forests and jungle (though the biggest concentration of forests on the island is what you see below, so it did choose the most appropriate spot for me). This one I do have a screenshot of my starting location thanks to the Autosave:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 358
I am unzipping to
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps
and the problem is:
C:/users/owner/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/temorary internet files//low/content.IE5/JQF39BOP/Creation1.zip: Cannot create creation.py
Access is denied
The file is called Creation.zip, I don't know how Creation1.zip got in there. From windows explorer, open Creation.zip, copy Creation.py, and paste it in your PublicMaps folder. Actually, save Creation.zip in your PublicMaps folder first, then open it.

Darn, I did not save one of my two most recent games generated with the new script. I started as Doviello in one and had, literally, a starting area consisting solely of peaks and hills with some furs and deer. I actually made a good play out of that one, wiped out the Luchuirp, and then found that I was completely boxed in.

My second game was as the Ljosalfar. I had an entire snaky continent to myself with only scattered forests and jungle (though the biggest concentration of forests on the island is what you see below, so it did choose the most appropriate spot for me). This one I do have a screenshot of my starting location thanks to the Autosave:

Hmmm.. That screenshot doesn't look like Creation.py. It doesn't make little islands like that or continents. See the screenshots on the first post.

The file is called Creation.zip, I don't know how Creation1.zip got in there. From windows explorer, open Creation.zip, copy Creation.py, and paste it in your PublicMaps folder. Actually, save Creation.zip in your PublicMaps folder first, then open it.
Followed your instructions, started up civ, and choose "custum scenario," but "creation" wasn't on the list of choises. Should it be?

Followed your instructions, started up civ, and choose "custum scenario," but "creation" wasn't on the list of choises. Should it be?

No, this is a map script not a scenario. You should be able to choose it when you start a normal game. That said, this map script was designed to be used with the FFH2 mod. So you might want to download that if you haven't.

If you just want to play a normal Civ game, you might want to choose a different map script.

I like the script as it does proved some really interesting worlds that seam realisitic in distribution, however is there still an issue with having civs near their preffered land type?

I ask because I started one game as the Calabim who prefer desert and they wound up in the middle of a forested valley, when there was a decent desert area on the way opposite side of the map which had no civs near it.

I have FFh. So, enter civ/ffh, start custom game, it's in the map scprits with pangea, archipelego, etal?

Bingo! Eureka! Hand me a towel! Found it. Thanks everyone.

I like the script as it does proved some really interesting worlds that seam realisitic in distribution, however is there still an issue with having civs near their preffered land type?

I ask because I started one game as the Calabim who prefer desert and they wound up in the middle of a forested valley, when there was a decent desert area on the way opposite side of the map which had no civs near it.

Calabim are currently set to use the default preferences. Do they have a preference?

Crap, wrong game. I guess it did not save that other game. I really wish it had saved the Doviello one, though.

Top Bottom