Pre-v36 Bugfix List

There is no obsolete function on improvements or builds besides being able to build the next up improvement and that only stops their availability if you have the "hide obsolete worker actions" BUG option turned on.

All I had time for was a quick check that all the XML pieces were there and linking correctly. I did not have time to do a test and wont until at least Wednesday.

Yeah, let me know how that goes. I'd been able to build factories on a modern start game so I was a little confused by this whole subject. Now that I'm understanding it, if we still have difficulties I'd be interested in taking a look but I'd need a savegame that displays the erroneous state.

There is no obsolete function on improvements or builds besides being able to build the next up improvement and that only stops their availability if you have the "hide obsolete worker actions" BUG option turned on.

Normally yes but for some reason the mentioned two techs are making factories obsolete in V35. You can check it in pedia, the techs are mentioned to have this obsolitive ability on factories. It is written into these techs by someone for some strange reason.

All I had time for was a quick check that all the XML pieces were there and linking correctly. I did not have time to do a test and wont until at least Wednesday.

Thank you for taking time to clear this annoyance once and for all. I trust that this works in V36.

Yeah, let me know how that goes. I'd been able to build factories on a modern start game so I was a little confused by this whole subject. Now that I'm understanding it, if we still have difficulties I'd be interested in taking a look but I'd need a savegame that displays the erroneous state.

Here is a save, try to build factories with workers. :)

I also remind that geothermal factory does not give the geothermal energy resource anymore as it should. Not a big deal since that resource does not unlock anything but there is still a broken mechanic there. They also cannot be built freely anymore as before, maybe this is intended, maybe not but in their current state, they are next to useless as they can only be built on geothermal energy without giving the resource. It was much better when they could be built upon depleted mine for example.

Attachments

• 50.7z
    8.1 MB · Views: 42
It may well be that the Factory building is affecting the pedia and game play of the two Factory improvements just because they have the same name.

We had that problem with the improvement Liighthouse and the building of the same name. Which is why changing the name of the improvement to "A Lighthouse" fixed everything.

I only changed the name of one of the improvements because I forgot about the building while I was doing it. I will need to change the name of the other.

Interesting to know about that lighthouse issue, hopefully this is as easily fixed.

Again thank you for taking time to make sure this is fixed in V36.

Btw, any news about the power ratios and their fixes on nuke units ?

Is this a good place to report a bug?

in version 8355: I ve got an archer warlord unit in ancient time which does not heal even if in a city it stays with 3.28 / 4. It looks like a bug, as I do not see any reason why it would not heal. The time which the computer "thinks" it need to heal is reasonable (2 turns outside city inside my territory)

Is this a good place to report a bug?

in version 8355: I ve got an archer warlord unit in ancient time which does not heal even if in a city it stays with 3.28 / 4. It looks like a bug, as I do not see any reason why it would not heal. The time which the computer "thinks" it need to heal is reasonable (2 turns outside city inside my territory)

While bugs should be reported in the bug threads, this one is appropriate to the discussion here since this issue is on the list (and I'm actually working on it right NOW! ;) ) So that's kinda ironic huh? lol

I only changed the name of one of the improvements because I forgot about the building while I was doing it. I will need to change the name of the other.

Have you checked if the renamed factories upgrade into industrial complexes properly ? Will players be able to build geothermal factories again on depleted mines for example ?

It would be nice if industrial complexes could upgrade into more advanced buildings during high tech eras.

No. Forgot about the problem completely. Distracted by Real Life.

Ain't that a pest, although far fewer things in that life are real than you think.

Probably the biggest reason why problems aren't solved in life and games is because the fixing is not finished nor done properly and testing after fixes not carried out. That is like pissing while running. stainless result hardly occurs.

Good thing that i reminded you then. :)

Any news of checking the factory issue ?

No idea. I put in a possible fix over a week ago and no one has commented on if it fixed the whole problem or only part of the problem (eg just the cold climate factories at refrigeration) or none of it.

The change I made should have stopped the confusion between the two types of factory and as far as I can see that was the only thing that would cause the problem in the first place.

I just updated to the new SVN version and I can't build neither workshops, nor factories nor industrial complexes (don't know the last one precise name since I'm playing in italian). But the upgrade mechanism works fine (I still need a lot of turns to get the new improvement, but it's working).

Speaking of improvements I noticed that a modern windmill is worse than a windmill, because the modern versions gives +2 :hammers: +5 :commerce:, while the old one is +3 :hammers: +5 :commerce:

Edit on the windmill question. According to the civilopedia this is because of the techs I currently have, with more advanced techs the modern windmill will have a better yield tha the old one; still, I think that as a base the modern windmill should give at least the same yield as the old one

0100010 did a complete review of all the improvements at the start of this release.

There are two types of factory one for normal terrain and a later one for Tundra, Permafrost and Snow terrain. This latter should be the one I fixed. If what I did fixes anything.

I have had no trouble building workshops the last time I tried which was about 5 updates ago.

All cost money, I think, but money is not usually a factor in C2C.

No idea. I put in a possible fix over a week ago and no one has commented on if it fixed the whole problem or only part of the problem (eg just the cold climate factories at refrigeration) or none of it.

The change I made should have stopped the confusion between the two types of factory and as far as I can see that was the only thing that would cause the problem in the first place.

So you did possibly something without testing and no one has commented. Wow...

Not wanting to dump this on you since it isn't likely your doings but someone has broken a working and fine factory building mechanic and it needs to be fixed. One who did it should be the one fixing it but most important is now that someone finally grasps the problem and fixes it for good.

I just updated to the new SVN version and I can't build neither workshops, nor factories nor industrial complexes (don't know the last one precise name since I'm playing in italian). But the upgrade mechanism works fine (I still need a lot of turns to get the new improvement, but it's working).

Speaking of improvements I noticed that a modern windmill is worse than a windmill, because the modern versions gives +2 :hammers: +5 :commerce:, while the old one is +3 :hammers: +5 :commerce:

Another thing to fix there to the team, thank you for pointing this out.

0100010 did a complete review of all the improvements at the start of this release.

If this means before the release of V35, the guy really fkd up.

I have had no trouble building workshops the last time I tried which was about 5 updates ago.

I had no trouble building workshops either BEFORE the mentioned techs ARE RESEARCHED. AFTER THAT player is UNABLE to build either workshops or factories with workers. I assume that the techs in question were assembly line and refrigeration because their pedia entries state "obsoloetes build factory". Causing tech might also be tech that unlocks industrial complex, aka miniaturization.

I have repeated these causes to you many times already.

I could build them fine (I don't remember about the polar factory, maybe it's because it wasn't in my old version save) until I researched the tech that unlocks the industrial complex; after that, I wasn't able to build any factory/workshop

This is how the problem manifests. How many times do you want to read it modders ?

I can't believe how hard it is to fix a simple faulty mechanic or how hard to understand what really is wrong in such a simple thing as this. Especially when it is explained many times over and over.

Now there seems to be a manufacturing complex in place of industrial complex, yes... someone has screwed majorly in this factory issue. He has broken the whole mechanic after certain tech is researched. A mechanic that had nothing broken in it.

Just fix this guys and check that it really works.

There are two types of factory one for normal terrain and a later one for Tundra, Permafrost and Snow terrain. This latter should be the one I fixed. If what I did fixes anything.

That reminds me of an enduring bug.

Snow terrain are never generated on the perfect mongoose mapscript. At least not on temperate, rocky and giant setup.

It's been this way for many official versions of C2C now.

Top Bottom