CCM (epic mod) preview thread

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter
Since a longer time I´m working on an epic mod with the working name “CCM”.
“CCM” first stood for “Civ Complete Mod” as the mod originally was concepted to use the 2x30 MB direct upload possibilities at CFC and therefore made heavy use of relative paths on all files stored in Civ Complete to hold the 60 MB limit. By cancelling the second 30 MB upload possibility after the hacker attack at CFC, the concept was rewritten to give the mod now lots of different units as the 60 MB limitation I gave to the mod was falling away. “CCM” now stands for “Civ Conquest Mod”.

In CCM most of my ideas about new modding concepts for C3C are realized, from improved techtrees to the abolishment of corruption and pollution, a better AI-routine for landartillery, a new way to introduce religion, new trading opportunities for random maps and a lot more.

As a first teaser, I show here some screenes of the new spacerace-victory of “CCM” (in the original game the graphics are more colourful),
The Race to the Moon :

Start of the Race to the Moon:

The exploration of the Earth Orbit, the Gemini and the Apollo Project are finished:

Ready for moon landing:

Attachments

• Spacerace Start.JPG
    Spacerace Start.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 6,539
  • Spacerace2.JPG
    Spacerace2.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 6,612
  • Moon Landing.JPG
    Moon Landing.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 6,527
Looks absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup: BTW, what are you doing differently with artillery?

Best,

Oz

Thanks Oz and Weasel Op.

Land artillery was changed from the AI-artillery routine to the AI-offensive routine:

Offensive flag, stealth attack, 2 MV-points, high attack value, defense 1, bombard range 0, Bombard value the same as attack value, wheeled, no ignore movement costs flags (so this unit is always “climbing up a mountain” but has the ability to retreat from an attack on a 1MV unit), ZOC; autoproduced by different improvements (Terrain now has higher movement costs to give the movement boni of units a better value in gameplay).

I did the same with the landarty as I did in SOE - or more precisely: In SOE I did the same as I did in CCM.:)

Another teaser from CCM

The true Elvis:

In the past many civers reflected how to use the Elvis unit properly. Here is my solution. Elvis brings culture in the modern age - a lot of culture! The cities of other civs are in danger to flip to the city where Elvis is on stage.

That impressive culture boost from Elvis sparks some thoughts about doing something similar with a Siddhartha / Vardhamana type unit. I join Weasel Op in wanting to here more of the mechanics.

Here you can read more about it:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=163996

Elvis is only the last part of a chain of "cultural " persons with different cultural values. Early "cultural" persons are monks that are recruited by missionaries of different world religions. To get rid of the mesoamerican "bloodcult-thinking" gives a lot of new possibilities for gameplay, even in the later parts of the game. Bloodcult in CCM is only for the mesoamerican civs until they are christianized (if they want that). CCM has prophets, priests, missionaries, preachers, fakirs and in the later stages of the game different great artists for operas and music halls. Great artists get contracts from (dark) lawyers, who are autoproduced by the supreme courts of the civs. The king units here are doing good jobs.

Based on a maximal possible unit cost of 1.000, the maximal cultural boost of such an unit combined with the buildings to boost this boost :) gives 4.000 culture points . For those of you, who have tried Civ 4, this is the same amount of culture that a great artist gives in Civ 4. In fact these great artists are not an invention of Civ 4, they are existing since Civ 3.

Don´t forget to adjust the limits for the culture a city can hold and the limit for cultural victory.

Is there a button with the cultural clef-symbol to replace the "sacrifice"-button?

The Space Race is an excellent gift to Civ3 fans !!! :goodjob:

Thanks Sandris!:) The Space Race is about as colourful as your excellent units - and there are masses of your wonderful units in CCM. :)

And one more information about the Space Race: With the methods used in CCM for unique buildings, it shouldn´t be a problem to give each civ its own flag in the techtree for landing on the moon. But as CCM is using so much other buildings, I don´t have enough free buildings to do that in CCM.

very, very nice Civinator :thumbsup: great to see that your pet project is progessing :) i look forward to seeing more.

Thanks bud, this means a lot for me.:)

Here are some of the wondersplashes of CCM (about 20 of them were done by me):

And here are three of the new buildings I did for CCM:

Attachments

• Wondersplashsampler.jpg
    Wondersplashsampler.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 6,098
  • Telephone-LG.png
    Telephone-LG.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 5,918
  • MotInfLarge.png
    MotInfLarge.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 5,933
  • Steamengine-LG.png
    Steamengine-LG.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 5,921
This is looking truly delectable! :D I love the space race, cultural "sacrifice" with religion involved, the wonders...all very exciting stuff. Many of these I've been wanting to see incorporated for a long time.

Is there a button with the cultural clef-symbol to replace the "sacrifice"-button?

Shouldn't be too hard for one of our many experts. :)
Spoiler :
(^to make sure they see it, I've been wanting one too...:mischief:)

And one more information about the Space Race: With the methods used in CCM for unique buildings, it shouldn´t be a problem to give each civ its own flag in the techtree for landing on the moon. But as CCM is using so much other buildings, I don´t have enough free buildings to do that in CCM.

Could you elaborate on why you would want that?

Nice mod. :)
I used a book button for my mod's Great Artists ...

How are you going to make more than one unit be captured to be turned sacrificed ?

Top Bottom