a tip/trick and a question

Dushku

Prince
Spoiler :

First, the tip/trick. It has to do with Morocco specifically. I'm playing as Rome and conquered Dublin only because there was a choke point on my way to Edinburgh. Once I took Edinburgh, I had no use for Dublin. I was going to raze it. However, Morocco is my next target (not anytime soon) and he's been stuck on just 2 cities for awhile. And I'll have to take his lesser city in order to get at his capital. So I decided to sell him Dublin to not only make some extra cash, but to avoid wiping him out. This allowed me to set up a Caravan with the boosted gold!

Next, the question. As you can see, getting to Morocco is no small task. I was considering setting up a city in the empty space that's west of Milan. I could have a mountain "coastal" city that has access to Whales. I could even use a GG to steal Salt from Portugal and get a Sheep tile into my borders quicker. Would such a city placement be a good idea as a staging ground for attack? Still getting used to the nuances of domination (though I'm loving it!).

Side note: Legions are pretty cool! They eat cities for breakfast.

No point to settle additional cities for domination purposes UNLESS you want to use GG to bomb through Great Wall. It's much faster to just steal lux from AI when they offer peace. Whenever they offer you cities for peace, you can take their gold, gpt, lux instead of the city and I think it's always better. Also mountains/coastal doesn't matter much for domination unless you have a specific strategy around it (coastal for frigate rush, mountain for liberty GE rushing Machu Picchu etc)

Looks like you are doing great!

Morocco is my next target (not anytime soon)... And I'll have to take his lesser city in order to get at his capital.
Not if you wait until Frigates.

...UNLESS you want to use GG to bomb through Great Wall.
Screen shot shows Marrakech with the GW. So what do you think? Waiting on Frigates takes care of the GW problem. If so, what does Dushku do in the mean time?

Frigates? Fascinating! I'm still trying to get used to pacing when on the warpath. To "wait around" for Frigates is a new concept to me. Plus, since I've mostly played on Pangaea, I'm not very well versed in naval combat.

I'm getting better though. In my current game, an enemy capital was on flat land very near my capital. He fell right after Construction. Then I had rough to cross, a city state to use as a staging ground, just before heading for Onandaga in the middle of forest, when he already had his UUs running about. I knew I'd have to roll in heavy, so I bided my time until I had Crossbows and timed my push for the city state accordingly. It went extremely well! So I'm getting the hang of NOT just saying "I have all these units... CHARGE!"

Top Bottom