Tiles/Resources Bug?

SirPacha

Chieftain
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forums, being reading for a while though.
I am currently having this issue when I try to play with friends in teams, I am seeing tiles differently than them. This means that basically when we start I will see for instance myself with 2xCopper and next to Ocean and when they look at my starting position they would see something totally different like I'm in the desert with 2x gems.
The settings we are trying to play on are : Size-Huge, Type-Hemispheres resources-abundant/standard. ( this also happens from times to times on Large )
It seems that I'm the only one seeing things differently though, as both of my friends are seeing the same things.
Also if we trying launching a game with all generic settings (normal size, continent), this problem doesn't occur anymore.

So I am wondering if I am the only one with this issue? Also if this issue is already being discussed somewhere in the forums, could someone please point me to it. Else, I'm open to suggestions on how to fix this issue as it's not playable when people are seeing different tiles ^_^

Actually, after of couple of dozens of attempts twisting the settings, I found the answer to my own issue. It seems the problem was coming from DirectX 9, my two friends were playing with the game on DX10/11 and I was on DX9 which (for some technical reasons I'm not aware of) was causing the discrepancy and showing different resources on the map.
Let's hope this little adventure can help someone else in the future ;)

Top Bottom