GMR: Scarcity

Indeed, endless GAs seem bountiful, not scarce.

Can you guys request to join the Team Civfanatics forum for the ISDG? I'm not sure if people are having trouble with it or not.

Can you guys request to join the Team Civfanatics forum for the ISDG? I'm not sure if people are having trouble with it or not.

Am I in that group? Is that the one RegentMan shows as group leaders? I thought I joined that group.

Edit: found it :crazyeye: that was for Civ4, another one is the correct one.

I don't know what this is or how to join.
:(

Civs banned so far:

Babylon
Russia
Arabia
Ottomans
Egypt
Korea
China
Persia
Iroquois

Each player has now banned a civ. Shall we now submit our picks, or proceed to a second round of banning, to make things really Scarce? ...Mongolia, Germany, Carthage are still available....

Remember, if we pick now, any two players picking the same civ will need to come to an agreement about who gets it and who doesn't, or the civ will be banned.

Am I in that group? Is that the one RegentMan shows as group leaders? I thought I joined that group.

Edit: found it :crazyeye: that was for Civ4, another one is the correct one.

You are now, thanks. We are only up to six members, though, not even GamerKG is there, which makes me think people are finding it difficult.

I will ban the Iroquois.

:goodjob:

I don't know what this is or how to join.
:(

Michael, can you see the threads in the main MP forum, still on the first page, called "Moved: ISDG: Team CFC Organising Thread" and "Moved: Community GMR Game"? I'm especially curious if you can, since I don't think you'd posted in or subscribed to either thread. I think I might start a new thread, maybe with pictures, to explain how to find and join the group. (ISDG stands for Inter Site Democracy Game. It's an MP game wherein different civs are each controlled by a group of players who decide on moves together, via their own internal processes...long, but fun, process.)

Okay, looks like people just want to get started.

EEE needs to change from Ottoman, and because there are banned civs, everyone must pick--no randoms.

I will be taking Byzantium. My people are going to need some faith to endure this world.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but there will be no VC selected. Go for whatever floats your boat, but know that the game will continue after that, as long as we all still want to keep playing.

I will pick too.

I will pick too.

I picked Germany. Not played this civ in gmr games yet. I will pick this civ before Kiffe who begins to be annoying with them in the ciplayers game :D

I picked Germany. Not played this civ in gmr games yet. I will pick this civ before Kiffe who begins to be annoying with them in the ciplayers game :D

I thought I banned Germany, no?

Can I change my ban to Germany? :p As Babylon was banned before Raging barbarian is set.

Can you pick this on the GMR site, please?

I thought I banned Germany, no?

Can I change my ban to Germany? :p As Babylon was banned before Raging barbarian is set.

I don't think it would be fair to change your ban after all the bans are done, based on what another player has picked. If Tab wants to switch to another available civ before we start, that's up to him.

Well, if the whole process of banning civs is to prevent OP civ being chosen on a particular map with particular settings, then it's fairly obvious that Germany is OP in this map with the settings no matter who is playing it. Since the pick is not yet finalised, technically by your rule I can change to Germany in hope to create a conflict so that Germany is banned as well, right?

Remember, if we pick now, any two players picking the same civ will need to come to an agreement about who gets it and who doesn't, or the civ will be banned.

The rule.

Edit: By the way, is ranging barbarian voted yes? I didn't track it well. If we tick no to ranging barbarian, I think Germany is ok then. Just a thought, I know it's annoying to argue that after someone has picked.

The rule.

Edit: By the way, is ranging barbarian voted yes? I didn't track it well. If we tick no to ranging barbarian, I think Germany is ok then. Just a thought, I know it's annoying to argue that after someone has picked.

Raging barbs doesn't let you gain more units. Only camps. In fact, it's more difficult to destroy barb camps...

At quick speed i will be lucky to get 3-4 extra units before the ren. era.

I pick Germany because of landsknechts :)

Top Bottom